The Illinois Railway Museum Route

Those crossing signals can be found on the DLS under the name "bnsf50" Blueodesey.

Here is the latest update from Steve on 1630.
9ef46f837d45bee261fc22e78e7aa980.jpg

I also have a new video that I uploaded to youtube about my latest visit to IRM from August 6th from Vintage Transport Extravaganza. I got to ride in the cab of the Nebraska Zephyr and blow the horn and I got to film it all. Here is the video.

:cool: Great Video of all your collections, they look Clean and very well maintained.........

Thanks for the link on Crossing Buck...........Nice work sir!

A little Preview of what me and Bendorsey have been up to.

Shown below are these rail inspection cars that were built by Buda in 1936

AAR X201
06d84651c90d11c56fcd7d9964fb92c6.jpg

AAR X202
2e63f6e1e46dd57471051c215547ecfc.jpg

They will be repainted to their proper colors which is Orange.

Here are the real ones
0f14e90a4ce30764b6bc10fcf236284b.jpg

Last edited:
I would also like to say thank you to my buddy Daylightrain who did a fantastic job on these 3 heavy modified reskins of 3 IRM steam engines and that is Tuskegee 101, UP 428, and Frisco 1630 (which is a great model for those who want to use until you can purchase Steve Lerro's upcoming 1630 model. He has one more steam engine in the works for now.

2d6c4f16e52857a1d28578ccf84a3f30.png

c7eae4e568fdb894d200a43f517db23f.png

Also I would like to say sorry for the lack of progress on the route recently, These past few weeks have been very busy with Personal Life for me and recently my internet went down but I just got it back up today, Hopefully next week things will slow down for me to take some time at working on my route.

I would also like to say thank you to my buddy Daylightrain who did a fantastic job on these 3 heavy modified reskins of 3 IRM steam engines and that is Tuskegee 101, UP 428, and Frisco 1630 (which is a great model for those who want to use until you can purchase Steve Lerro's upcoming 1630 model. He has one more steam engine in the works for now.

2d6c4f16e52857a1d28578ccf84a3f30.png

c7eae4e568fdb894d200a43f517db23f.png

Also I would like to say sorry for the lack of progress on the route recently, These past few weeks have been very busy with Personal Life for me and recently my internet went down but I just got it back up today, Hopefully next week things will slow down for me to take some time at working on my route.

I wonder if he has plans to make J Neils Lumber Company 5

I wonder if he has plans to make J Neils Lumber Company 5
That I don't think so. What He is working on right now is this GN&A 2-6-0 #26.

How it looked like when it was cosmetically restored in the 1970's/1980's
c73fa65b92897465ff9d4c55f6c7855d.jpg

This engine later on was under operational restoration back in the late 90's/early 2000's but the project was grounded to a halt and the engine has been sitting at the back of the steam shop without its tender since then. Its unsure if it will still get a operational restoration or now just a cosmetic.
032f5e1e0792904f62ddce3c7d89d2b9.jpg

However, I talked to Trainboi1 awhile back and he said that he might do J Neils Lumber Company 5 when he plans on possibly making some more Shay type engines some time down the road (But not at this present time) so be patience... Good things come to those who wait.

Last edited:
Matt if you didnt go to the IRM today, you missed out on the UP heritage units!
2fe740f9a6a747b9e6db4e8153480373.jpg

(Ignore that person who got in the way of my photo!!!)

Sorry if thss is too large but HTP likes to make my photos big.

Good Day all,

I hope your happy with your self's for showing me those outstanding SP Heritage Units, today. :udrool:

You made me goto JR and buy them, why, because I have ridden them many a time over the decades, and they were so cool. :cool:

LOL of course,

I happy they were here, and now I can add them to my Layout,

Also see there are several different Heritage Packs from other Roads too.....Means I need to save up more Mula and buy some of them too.........

A great trip down memory lane of course........:wave:

DaylightTrain, you really outdid yourself with the other 2 IRM engines, even if this is coming from somebody with 2 infractions, but to be honest, 428 is, a little glitchy

9dae7b909a1e0c9ea00a7afd166a6617.jpg

118b78f038fdb0181be23e1e58c24ef6.jpg

Strange... It seems that every part that is using a alpha channel is causing the issue. Perhaps reinstall? I've never seen this problem before so I'm not sure what to do. Maybe someone else can help.

I'm kinda hoping what they are talking about below might help you........?

[url]https://forums.auran.com/trainz/archive/index.php/t-132226.html

Trainz Discussion Forums[/URL] > Mainline - Trainz Discussion > General Trainz > Updates for old assets and modifications

PDA
View Full Version : Updates for old assets and modifications

dougtrain
July 14th, 2016, 10:15 AM

Hi all. I could do with a bit of help to fix some assets if anyone can spare a minute or two please.

Having moved all my assets from TS12 to Tane I am finding that some engines are not working as they should. All diesel and class 31 / 33 / and 29. They are on the DLS as TMZ 06003 who had updated them at some point. I have been able to sort out the class 31 and 33 so that Tane is happy with them but the class 29 is causing me a problem.

Again, the 29 tidies up to a Tane standard but the windows / glass will not function properly. It is fine in his 31 and 33 assets but the 29 shows "frosted" glass for want of a better description. I have compared the configs and they are the same/similar so it must be down to interpretation in IM file. Or have I missed something?

Would appreciate any feedback on this.

Regards
Doug

SailorDan
July 14th, 2016, 03:01 PM

Again, the 29 tidies up to a Tane standard but the windows / glass will not function properly. It is fine in his 31 and 33 assets but the 29 shows "frosted" glass for want of a better description. I have compared the configs and they are the same/similar so it must be down to interpretation in IM file. Or have I missed something?

The problem is most likely in the images themselves. If the texture.txt file for the window image includes an 'Alpha=...' line then you need to adjust the opacity of the alpha channel in the image file. If the image file doesn't have an alpha channel, then add one and make it mostly transparent.

However the problem might also be in differences in the way that T:ANE handles opacity for certain texture types.

dougtrain
July 14th, 2016, 03:20 PM

Thanks SailorDan. The windows on a 33 are fine. If I copy the glass files into the 29 they do not work. Both engines are by the same person and the configs are very close/similar. So I am using a set of images that work in one engine but not the other. There is an alpha inclusion. I will just have to fiddle with the images. This is all very odd. I agree with you that there is a Tane issue as the windows worked in TS12.

Doug

SailorDan
July 14th, 2016, 03:51 PM

This is all very odd. I agree with you that there is a Tane issue as the windows worked in TS12.

Check the texture type in the two meshes - the T:ANE issue is related to certain texture types.
I presume you have checked that the texture.txt files in the problem asset include the 'Alpha=...' entry in addition to confirming that the the alpha channel is in the image.

clam1952
July 14th, 2016, 04:26 PM

I've had a look here, I would say the problem was more of a misted up Window than frosted.
OK got it open grey opaque.texture.txt and edit to read as follows:
Opacity looks to have been done at mesh level.

Primary=grey opaque.tga
Alpha=grey opaque.tga
Tile=st

Then do exactly the same for the interior / Cab <kuid2:218467:50069:1> NBL type 4 cab

Not perfect but to me a looks a lot better.

dougtrain
July 14th, 2016, 04:27 PM

I have copied the file contents so you can have a look. All the images with these are TGA. One question though - I read in the wiki that the Alpha should be a BMP? is that correct?

glass-black.texture plus tga of the same name

Primary=glass-black.tga
Alpha=glass-black.tga
AlphaHint=semitransparent

---------------------------------------

grey opaque.texture plus tga of the same name

Primary=grey opaque.tga
Tile=st

----------------------------------------

grey opaque-grey opaque.texture no image

Primary=grey opaque.tga
Alpha=grey opaque.tga
Tile=st

------------------------------------------

window.texture plus tga of the same name

Primary=window.tga
Alpha=window.tga

These are the included files relating to anything glass. I DID find two typos where grey=Grey and window= windows so there may be other issues.

Doug

dougtrain
July 14th, 2016, 04:29 PM

Thanks Malc

Too late tonight for me to have a go so I will try it out in the morning.

Regards
Doug

UPDATE................
You know how it goes with Trainz guys and I just HAD to do the check. I had spent enough time on this so what is another 10 minutes?
The good news is that it worked Malc and I thank you and SailorDan for replying and your input......Appreciated

Regards
Doug

clam1952
July 14th, 2016, 04:45 PM

Yes it's a bit confusing in that folder, the Window TGA is for the square side Windows 1 either side to rear of the door, glass TGA is for the number thingy on the ends.

AlphaHint I think defaults to semitransparent if it's missing.

SailorDan
July 14th, 2016, 05:39 PM

You know how it goes with Trainz guys and I just HAD to do the check. I had spent enough time on this so what is another 10 minutes?
The good news is that it worked Malc and I thank you and SailorDan for replying and your input......Appreciated

I had a look at <kuid2:218467:50069:1> and it requires two fixes, but it's not clear which you have already done. You should be able to get exactly the effect you need.

The texture,txt file (grey opaque.texture.txt) requires an Alpha=... entry. For an old asset this might have been the BMP that contained the alpha information as a grayscale. For this version it should be the TGA file (grey opaque.tga). BUT that image file does not have a alpha channel - it's 24 bit.

So the two fixes are are:

1. Add 'Alpha=grey opaque.tga' to the texture.txt file.
2. Edit 'grey opaque.tga' to include an alpha channel that is mostly transparent. Exactly how you do that depends on your image editor, but the process would probably be to load the image, set the transparency level across the whole image, and then save as 32-bit. Saving as 32-bit is what forces the transparency you just applied to be included in the image file. If you edited transparency in the editor, then the default for saving should become 32-bit, but that doesn't always happen. If the transparency is in the file then AssetX reports the file as 32-bit, and displays the transparency separately from the opaque portion.

Do not set other transparency options in the texture.txt file - transparency should be done through the image file and the Alpha tag.

Strange... It seems that every part that is using a alpha channel is causing the issue. Perhaps reinstall? I've never seen this problem before so I'm not sure what to do. Maybe someone else can help.
I have seen this before as well. you might have removed too much from the alpha channel

Back