The Illinois Railway Museum Route

:wave: Pictures and Track work look phenomenal,

May I ask what service your using to post the Pictures since HOSTTHENPOST is gone?

Here is a update from my buddy Joe on the progress of Illinois Central 2-4-4T 201.
JRoO12e.jpg

Also for those of you who did not check out the Facebook post, here is the Illinois Terminal Class B Electric we have been working on, we will also be doing the A and C Class as well.

VTy2qVO.jpg

z3IVjPd.jpg

K9oX3jj.jpg

Hello everyone, got some exciting news from myself and my (Steam) buddy Joe, Not only are we currently working on the Illinois Central 2-4-4T #201, We are also working on 2 other engines as well.

They are Public Service Company 0-6-0T #7 (which was the first steam locomotive to be added to IRM's collection)
1226-irm-013.jpg

Here is how the model looks like right now (I was able to help him out by taking measurements of the real engine)
aoyS57i.jpg

Like the IC 201, PSC #7 will be a freeware model when we release it.

But we also have plans on making a 3rd steam engine and that is Grand Trunk Western 0-8-0 #8380.
latest

It later worked at Northwestern Steel & Wire later in its career up until about 1980 as #80 where it was also converted from a coal burner into a Oil Burner.
NS%26W_80.jpg

Joe as already started work on the tender
jeEqFKv.jpg

We are hoping to make 2 versions of this engine, one when it worked on the GTW and the other one when it worked at Northwestern Steel and Wire. Once this one is done, this model will be released as Payware. If your going to ask where will we release them, Im sure my buddy Joe can fill that in for me.

Last edited:
Hello Again folks, its been a little while since Ive done a update, I have some good news and bad news.

First off, My buddy Joe has been making excellent progress on the model of Public Service Company 0-6-0T #7, here is how the engine looks like right now.
WL5YlE6.png

Also I decided to change up the Environmental Settings on my route and I really do like the end result.
UWSWDeJ.png

48gwZjV.png

JknlrBq.png

However I got some bad news. Here is what happened.I was going to do a special post today regarding Bendorsey's Contributions towards my project but that has been put on hold now because for the second time I load up my route to find large holes in my route where there should be ground terrain. Thankfully this is not a project ending scenario as there is a fixable solution to this problem but It will be a big pain the ass to do. Thankfully like last time only one area that had lots of detail was affected by this.

myxEBxZ.png

A look at the whole route, the grey areas are where the holes are, Thankfully the majority of them happened far away from the trackside areas (Except for for the area by the Kishwaukee River). Once I fix this Im defiantly going to make a save file and immediately putting on my USB.

9SSNRG8.png

The Area that will give me the most hassle while fixing this issue.

wEoq0KI.png

As you can see while there is a massive hole in the ground, lucky it only affected the track work, to fix the issue all I have to do is used the copy tool and copy highlight all the scenery in the area where the hole is and then I have to upload a older save file of the route, delete all the baseboards except the ones where the holes are, make a route out that, then I have to merge that route with this one and then problem solved the original ground terrain will be back and I just have to precisely pass the scenery area that I copy back onto the route. Its a big pain the ass to do but at least I can fix the problem.

aIxJUpO.png

However there is one little issue, the large google map pieces are scenery assets and the older route file I have has the older versions of these so they are outdated compared to the ones I use now, so once I reinstall the old route it will override the ones I have now into the old ones. Again I can fix this but again its a big pain the ass to do.

Plus this is not the first time this has happened to me, if you go back a couple of pages in the topic you will see I had this problem before (although it wasn't as bad as this one). Im not sure if Im the only one who is having this type of issue using a DEM route. Ive showed this to a couple of my friends and they don't know what to think of it either. If you are wondering what is my build number, Im using Mac TANE SP2 Build Number 90946.

Hi Matt;

I've seen this for a long time. I inherited a route in TRS 2010 (there is a thread: Kettle Valley Route) where I show a "hole" and how to fix it. Except the images are gone now that hostthenpost is gone.

Also what I did was to add some 'routelets', created with TransDEM and merged with the original to fill in places where the 15km draw distance showed voids.

There is another problem here as well. I don't what causes the dropping of baseboards, but when the routelet is merged, some baseboard seams don't match. There is a small difference in elevation which produces a shadow.

I'm trying to report this as a bug, but in Build 92487 and the previous build, merge route is broken.

If I can be of further help, ask.
cheers,

:wave: I have merged a lot of Routes, and when you do so, Trainz, whether it be T:ANE or older has trouble trying to match up anything which is not a perfect Seam elevation wise. It has to do with Mathematics and algorithms with X and Y computer coordinates,

Think of it as a Jig Saw puzzle and some pieces don't play well. :hehe:

Doesn't matter if it is few feet, or several hundred, it will slam one side done or both in a funny way, as you described, so the user has to go back and rematch or contour the change in elevation to make it look more normal.

;) Also what others and I do if the mismatch is that bad, will add empty spacer Tiles, to allow more transition with the different heights, meaning now you have to texture and add more trackage Scenery etc. This is put off for some folks, they hate the extra work, others get used to it, like me, and pick and choose their battles so to speak.

The link below, has another member discussing Merge issues and possible cause etc......

Hope this helps you a bit.......

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...and-creating-sessions&highlight=Route+Merging

As a good plan to keep from losing any hard work you do is to ALWAYS make a backup before you start and one immediately after closing surveyor.

Thank you all for all the helpful tips and info, Im glad that I'm not the only one now that has this problem. Plus I have good news I have once again fix the problem.

Here is what the route looked like before
BJLXOcj.png

And here is how the route looked after I fixed the issue
Ifm5Qig.png

I would also like to give a quick shout out to my good buddy RR_JDM who was quick to send me a blank version of the route for me to use to merge and replace the baseboards with holes in them. Cant thank him enough.

Also I have some good surprise news, Blackdiamond1964 has return to the project to finish where he left off in return of having my Buddy PWieser make Electrics for him for his own route project. This is great news as with the passing of the beloved Bendorsey, we can finally take another step forward in finishing this route in Bendorsey's honor.

Here is what Blackdiamond1964 is working on right now which is the O'Mahony Diner (which I'm glad I kept that Blender file that he sent me so he can pick up where he left off) the restaurant part of the building is done, we just need to add in the Diner itself and this one will be finished.
rAbgZBz.jpg

A look at the other end of the building
33u4hsc.jpg

Here are some little scenes I set up in Bendorsey's honer (Now I can also get back to work on trying to fix the bumpy track issue)
hlwfESe.png

axFqYN1.png

Y0HvonK.png

KL9hUx8.png

6bSUpgj.png

LBr2DVK.png

Unfortunately no, if your talking about the route which is currently TANE only. Rolling stock on the other hand is yes for some of them.

Hello everyone, I’m very late at announcing this but unfortunately this project, has been officially canceled. A few months ago I was yet again running low on computer storage space for my aging 2011 iMac. By this time I had deleted everything I didn’t need need anymore installed on my Trainz but unfortunately it still wasn’t enough and with me working on uploading videos to YouTube, I had a choice to make, uninstall Trainz or stop making videos for YouTube. Unfortunately I choose that it was finally time to uninstall Trainz as it was taking far to much room on my computer and my route project has been dead in the water since Bendorsey passed away. His efforts along were the main driving forces that kept my project afloat for this long. With his passing and with no one willing to contribute to my project other than to just make locomotives and rolling stock and with people making scenery content that I needed for the route as payware and despite the fact I found someone to take over at working on fixing up the route . I decided that I will never get the route released unless I make it payware which I didn’t want to do and even if I hand over my route to this person that wanted to work on the route, he didn’t plan on making it as realistically detailed as I wanted by adding a few non existent if fictional buildings to parts of the museum area that have yet to be modeled which I didn’t want. It seems that in order to make routes these days you have to be part of some big 3rd party website like JointedRail to make any realistic looking routes these days. Another issue is that I can’t keep up with this community constantly changing versions of game to just keep up with content creators just so I can continue to work on my route. Finally I spent far too much on Trainz and I don’t think I want to spend any more money just to continue to enjoy what this game has to offer with Payware becoming more of the norm as of late.

However for those of you who are still working on commissions from me (that I haven’t been able to contact) I would like for them to be completed so both your hard work you done so far is not at all wasted and also so that the public can enjoy the stuff that I commissioned that I will not be able to enjoy. I would like to also thanks to all the people that contributed to the project (that I sadly don’t have the time to write down eveyones username while I’m at work) but I’m sure the folks know who they are. Without all of you guys I would have never imagined to get this far with the project than I thought I would. While I’m no longer going to be playing Trainz, I will pop in from time to time and I still have to help out PWieser with a couple more electric interurban projects before I can finally call it the end of my journey with Trainz.

Last edited:
Back