Switch machines of eastern rail

Railwoodman

Hi all, I'm just wondering if these type of switches are out there somewhere.

AFTOWR07.jpg
PARK-13Wsw-A5.jpg

I know of the Eastcoast content
n8phu_20130307_0019.jpg

But the creator has forbidden DL upload ( his right ) plus no longer work in TANE. Any suggestion, I would be grateful

Matt

PS would anyone know the creator of these would be ?
images

Hi Matt,

I was able to find it here:

http://www.trainzkuidindex.com/ It's available on the Erecting Hall according to the link. I already have it since I got it ages ago.

What issues are you having with it in T:ANE? It works for me but I can't remember what I did to fix it.

John

JCTron I had it, with all his content from the original site, plus what was updated at ( Erecting Hall ). But he has expressed his desire not to have it used in any routes uploaded to the DL with TANE ( my understanding ) Which is ashamed, because I really liked the yard targets he has . Now I no longer have it, and the point is mute . I do know there still available, I'm in the processes of using UP8328 content , but the old HD that has some of my older route starts have missing switches that don't match his kuid ( I do wish missing kuids would at lest tell what they are ) And memory ( always playing tricks ) has me thinking I had found something close to what was used on the NEC , and old PRR CSX. So it's a hunting I willa go again:hehe:
Switch%20Machine%2005%20med%20crp%20DSC05003.jpg

Thank for the response

RRSignal Thanks, there kind on mine to:hehe:

Matt

PS they black version stopped showing up with my last build of 2012, never really got time to look into as why. What I'm really hoping for is something like this
zL8yz.jpg

I don't recall ever seeing the one with the lamps, but maybe I'll do one at some point.

For now, how's this?

83238b193acd951ca1413342d4b66f6f.jpg

Fantastic, Where is that?:D Did you just make that ?

The much earlier PRR did have lamps up till the 1920 I believe, but not my tine period of modeling .

Matt

I have been using several EP (Electro Pneumatic) switch machines, and all the Erecting Hall stuff, especially the PRR Yard Targets.

I would like to know what the diagonal white/green, and horizontal red/yellow yard targets mean ?
Yellow/red for diverging or non typical lined switch ... and white/green for typical or straight away.
407450310275c537cea349c59f221e9a.jpg

All thy need is a lamp on top with white/green lens, and red/red lens

Pweiser made some Y/B, G/R low target levers, but the mast is too tall, or it needs a metal yard target under the lanterns.

http://www.billspennsyphotos.com/app...toid=175311702
http://www.billspennsyphotos.com/app...toid=175311701

package3675.jpg

Too Tall ... Lazyboy recliner handle
Screen_001_zpssuvxeca0.jpg

DLS:
EP Switch 01 <KUID:210096:28056>

Erecting Hall (EastCoastTrainz)
US&S M-23 Switch Machine, Silver
US&S M-23 Switch Machine, Black
Switch Machine NS Black
PRR T-20 234-A Switch
PRR type US&S T-20 switch Right

2dbfab5d826235a0daab9576bc826e24.jpg

Last edited:
Sum good detailed pics in here of these switch machine's i've made a couple of them mainly for my own projects ( PRB and a Aussie Route ) But thanks for sharing the pic's of these often not thought of bit's of important equipment.
Mick.

Fantastic, Where is that?:D Did you just make that ?

The much earlier PRR did have lamps up till the 1920 I believe, but not my tine period of modeling .

Matt

Yep, it actually took longer to find the plans last night and test it than to actually make it. It should show up on the DLS soon as US&S A5 Pneumatic PRR Switch <KUID:481384:128485>

I'll see if I can't capture some sound to go along with it. I need to take a trip to Trenton Station on the NEC anyway. If so, I'll put it in a future update.

That pneumatic with the lantern looks interesting to do. I'll see if I can find some plans. I had also planned to do some air tanks and piping to go along with any of the pneumatics. I kind of have a full plate this weekend, though.

Yep, it actually took longer to find the plans last night and test it than to actually make it. It should show up on the DLS soon as US&S A5 Pneumatic PRR Switch <KUID:481384:128485>

I'll see if I can't capture some sound to go along with it. I need to take a trip to Trenton Station on the NEC anyway. If so, I'll put it in a future update.

That pneumatic with the lantern looks interesting to do. I'll see if I can find some plans. I had also planned to do some air tanks and piping to go along with any of the pneumatics. I kind of have a full plate this weekend, though.

Those are really nice and thank you for the upcoming switch machines. :)

I wouldn't worry too much about the sound. I've stood next to an automatic switch once that moved and it barely made anything that was audible. There was barely a hiss from the pneumatics or even the clunk from the points because the tracks moved so slowly. :)

John

RRSignal

Thanks for these, they are great:D
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

As you can see, making good use of then :D

cascaderailroad I know of, and had all of there work from the Eastcoastrains site and Erecting Hall , and the PRR yard targets were and still are one of my favorite to use. But As I read the wishes of the creator, he doesn't want his work to ever be up loaded to the DL, by link or used in a route. Plus when I had all of these, some weren't working in TANE ? I would like to upload my route, and don't wish to offend anyone in doing so, if possible.

Anyhows The rebuild of Big Bass Depot continues with up dated switches , Thanks again for all of the responses:D

Matt

I've got some switchstands also at The Erecting Hall. They can be found under 'Hosted Content' at the bottom. They come as a pack listed as 'Switch Machine Download'.

You're welcome, guys! It's really nice to see people using your creations.

FYI, I'm planning on getting out some VERY prototypical PRR signals soon, too.

I have backdated thousands of higher trainz-build assets, but I was wondering what exactly is it that prevents a TS12 asset from showing up in TRS2006 (particularly RRSignal's A-5 Electro-Pneumatic PRR Switch Machine) ?

I think it is because of the im and lm files, (or the im/lm text files) are not even compatible in TRS2006, even though you backdate the assets config file trainz-build tag line

I know I will get the "smart" answers back "Dump TRS2006, it is antiquated, I never liked TRS2006" .... but I have my good reasons why I am still working on my route in TRS2006 ... With final intentions of importing it into TS12, and T:ANE, and eventually TS19

I think I found out why ... it is the text files being unreadable by TRS2006 (which is fixable) then I can apply the TS12 (backdated) switch machines in TRS2006 ... and when I import my route into TS12, (or T:ANE or TS19), the TS12 switch machines automatically show up

This is a typical Union Switch and Signal electro-pneumatic switch machine that was installed @ 1921. All electro-pneumatic switch machines were removed and replaced with electric switch machines.
AFTOWR06.jpg

AFTOWR07.jpg

=====================================================

Manual throw New Century Switch Machines with metal flags
aldon2012pg3-PointsEnd1.jpg

aldon2012pg3-PointsEnd2.jpg

aldon2012pg5-targettypes.jpg

I am presuming that the PRR had Green/Red targets, or Green/Yellow targets, or White/Yellow as did the Reading RR

And that a Red denoted a Derail, a dead end siding, or a switch diverging lead that would foul a main track

And that a Yellow meant aligned for a diverging position

===================================

The PRR and Reading RR's employed an army of track maintenance workers, some of which kept kerosene lantern switch lanterns filled, and trimmed/installed new wicks nightly

Only high usage tracks had illuminated kerosene lantern switch lanterns, and the majority of low usage tracks had painted metal target flags

Blue showed up as greenish white when illuminated by a amber kerosene flame
maxresdefault.jpg

SwitchLampMounted.jpg

Last edited:
The bottom pic ? is that PRR . If so , I'm using the wrong switch lamps . The Blue on green .

Most of the electro-pneumatic switch machine for trainz . Don't have the right spacing for PRR track spacing . There great , but cam be hard to place correctly . Need to be tighter to the rail .

Like the pic's anyways

Matt

The bottom pic ? is that PRR . If so , I'm using the wrong switch lamps . The Blue on green .

Most of the electro-pneumatic switch machine for trainz . Don't have the right spacing for PRR track spacing . There great , but cam be hard to place correctly . Need to be tighter to the rail .

Like the pic's anyways

Matt

I can't help you with the switch lamps but I can help you with your switch machine spacing.

There's a tag in the config.txt file that determines the distance from the center, aka the offset, to either side of the track in meters.

trackside -2.5, or 2.5

Here's an example from the Wiki:

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/CCG/MOSpeedBoard_config

It's for speed boards, but it's the same for other track-objects. I know because I did some adjustments to move some whistle posts a bit closer to the tracks because they were sitting in the middle of some sidings due to the same issue you're running into with the loading gauge. 4 meters or 4.5 meters is the standard up here in the northeast with some tracks going down as close as 3.5 meters where warranted. That makes a lot of crossings and other stock assets too far away or too spread out for our use.

If you do want to try this, remember to clone the asset first so you have a backup of the original and one to play with.[/FONT]

:cool: Hey John....Good info on Spacing change, it drives me bonkers sometimes, and I had wished I could change, but neophyte in that particular programming part of Scripting for trainz........:hehe:

Back