Narrow gauge help

pogbellies

Hi I am in the process of building a narrow gauge line and I'm struggling with a couple of things;

1 level crossings, is there a way to just run a track over a road and have the road traffic stop when a consist is nearby?

2 gauge, I have a loco that has an obviously smaller gauge than the Auran NG track but I cannot seem to find any track, the loco is called Wren. The website lists the loco as 2' gauge.

Cheers

Have you tried searching for 2ft gauge stuff on the DLS? For example, try searching "2ng", "24ng", "24in", "24inch", "2ft" or "ng24". I also suggest you look up content from Clam1952 and EDH6, those are great for 2ft gauge users.

2ft track, I have a load on the DLS CL NG24 Track covers track embankments stone embankments bridges and so on.

For crossings use ATLS stuff.

ATLS Traffic Stopper
ATLS Controller
ATLS LC Lights if you need flashing lights
ATL Traffic Slave
ATLS Triggers
There a load of ATLS stuff just play with it all until you find a combination of stuff that works for you.

edit: missed the trigger off the list!

Last edited:
Thanks I'll give it a try. Anyone have any ideas about stopping road traffic? Oops posted before seeing your reply Clam, thanks I'll give that a try too!

ATLS is a traffic stopping system.

Personally I just disable traffic on my NG routes as in reality most NG lines ran in areas were there wasn't much traffic...

ATLS is a traffic stopping system.

Personally I just disable traffic on my NG routes as in reality most NG lines ran in areas were there wasn't much traffic...
Unfortunately I had to go and do a modern FR WHR so made the work that much harder.
Got it Working on Britannia Bridge and Pont Croesor Ed and just to control AOCL lights on the other crossings where applicable.

@ pogbellies, missed off ATLS Trigger on the list! added.

At a pinch you can also use the 760mm crossings on the DLS with 2ft track, visually just about acceptable. Another option is to simply use "No Traffic" (NT) splines on the roads leading to/from crossings, maybe position a couple of static vehicles for effect.

Back