Bringing back TRS2006

MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS

7 Year Trainz Vet
Yes, if you read the title of this, you know what I want to talk about Trainz Railroad Simulator 2006. I don't want to just talk about it. I want to encourage content creators to bring back some of the Locomotives, Routes and Rollingstock from TRS2006 and update them to TS12! Hardly any of the content has been brought back from TRS2006. One of the Routes that really has kept me loving this version is Northbay County. A 24in and 36in Gauge railroads that run through the American Fronter in what I would say is the 1930's. It won me over BECAUSE as I started getting some AMAZING content from San Quan Train Works, he does DRGW as well as RGS equipment. I was sad to see that I could not use this for when I get TS12. I would love to see some people working on other people's content, as well as Auran's old content, that HAS NOT been updated for the modern versions of Trainz to make it so they are available to people that still want to live in the 1930's when America had some very beautiful and majestic locomotives from the distant past as well as other Routes that may appeal to you in TRS2006. I hope that some of you content creators would take the time to look at TRS2006 if you do have it and update the content so they will be compatible with TS12.

Last edited:
Northbay County is on the DLS. Some while back I tried it in T:ane.

I am downloading it now into the latest test version of T:ane so watch this space, I will report how it behaves.

Peter

The route and most of the content seems to have survived the journey into T:ane. Still not tested are the sessions and their dependencies. As they all ran in TS12 at one time I am hopeful they will also run.

Peter

One argument thrown around by creators is the desire to leave some assets as they are simply because they are not up to par with current creation techniques. Things like LOD, high resolution textures and the like require a good chunk of work and may be better served with new content made from scratch.

Another argument I've heard is people not wanting content updating because of the belief that it will cease to function in older versions of Trainz. This is at the discretion of the original creator however, not the people who brought the matter up.

Jack

I was one of these people I left the old items as is and was creating new versions that is until N3V then started the DLS clean up process and it sort of back fired on me. N3V gave access to the older format items to anybody to then upgrade and in a lot of cases anyone did a bad job of the update often changing and renaming items.

One argument thrown around by creators is the desire to leave some assets as they are simply because they are not up to par with current creation techniques. Things like LOD, high resolution textures and the like require a good chunk of work and may be better served with new content made from scratch.

Another argument I've heard is people not wanting content updating because of the belief that it will cease to function in older versions of Trainz. This is at the discretion of the original creator however, not the people who brought the matter up.

Jack

Northbay County is on the DLS. Some while back I tried it in T:ane.

I am downloading it now into the latest test version of T:ane so watch this space, I will report how it behaves.

Peter
Yes, I do know, but is everything from Northbay County there? There is a Logging Diesel that is used in one of the sessions as well as a small bobber caboose and 32ft skeleton car used for logging. There is also a flatcar, but I usually did not use it.

If you look at the north part of Rock Ridge there is a connection to the Dever Rio Grande and Western Railroad. That is where this guy Todd comes into the picture. As you may know, Auran did make DRG 3ft gauge locomotives and rollingstock;but todd made the most amazing and detailed content of TRS2006's time. Here is a link to his website, San Juan Trainz Works http://www.steammachine.com/prowler/ . I hope that someone would kindly update his content to TS12 because he has not talked about or uploaded anything sense 2010.

It seems that the only reason why N3V unsupported TRS2006, was the discontinuing the uploading of trainz-build 2.6 in the config files ... so that they could sell TS09 ... and the same process was repeated, making people go out and buy the next better TS10 ... and so on ... making people go out and buy the next better TS12 ... Now the trainz-build numeral is increasing even more, soon making TS12 obsolete, and soon will be unsupported.

I don't know why the trainz-build tag line was not kept at trainz-build numeral 2.6 ... As 2.6 even works in T:ANE ... as most 04/06 assets will work just fine in T:ANE, and 09, 10, 12

I have seen allot of damage done to assets, by people updating 04, 06 assets to 09, 10, 12 trainz-build numerals ... allot of assets not have no preview $Screenshot$ jpg anymore, and updated trainz-build tag numerals are wrecking older assets, as anybody can apply "updates", and mess up all the assets on the DLS, and even sabotage the entire DLS, if they wanted to screw up all the assets that they choose to update.
YOU ARE SO RIGHT. I had TRS2006 for a while until we got a new desktop and most of the in-game content was messed up when I started downloading content because I think it started realizing that there were updates for everything the but the updates DON'T EVEN EXIST ANYMORE!!!!!!

Back