Speedtrees by Russian creators - name translations

Speedtrees (version 6) by RMM and Pofig on the DLS have Russian names or codes in what is meant to be the "English-only" username tag.

For those wanting English, Deutsch, Nederlands or Francais equivalents, see the table below. As always, if you see mistakes or have new information (especially about new trees by RMM or Pofig on the DLS), add a post to the end of this thread and I will update the table.

The table is sorted alphabetically on the Russian names (written in "Latin" alphabet form).

Edit (Sept 2018): Deutsch translations by -Basti- were copied from: https://www.trainzdepot.net/lexikon/index.php?entry/71-übersetzungen-von-dls-bäumen/
Edit (Sept 2019): Nederlands and Francais translations kindly provided by zsuda were added.
Edit (Jan 2020): New entries for Ohla, Siren and Kashtan trees added (thanks to p-dehnert for the alert and to HPL for corrections to several Francais entries).
Edit (Oct 2022): A web page attempting to explain the name codes in the Pofig speedtree series, kindly provided by JAGG. http://www.doug56.net/MBC_2010_Assets/page23.html
Edit (Nov 2023): This thread designated as a "Sticky" in the Surveyors, Operators & Engineers forum. Thanks to Zec Murphy.
Edit (Nov 2023): Thread title generalised to "Russian creators" instead of RMM, and "name translations" instead of just "English translations".

~ Dino :)

Russian (RMM)Russian (Pofig)EnglishDeutsch Nederlands Francais
AbhSmall seriesKleinere GewächseKleine seriePetite série
AkaciaAcaciaAkazieAcaciaAcacia
BukBeechBucheBeukHêtre
BerezaBBirchBirkeBerkBouleau
DTreeBaumBoomArbre
DtDead treeToter BaumDode boomArbre mort
DubDblOakEicheEikChêne
E or ElFirTanneZilversparSapin
EgevikaBlackberryBrombeereBraambesMûre / Ronce
ElkaSpruceFichteDenÉpicéa
EvkaliptEucalyptEukalyptusEucalyptusEucalyptus
GrGrGrassGrasGrasHerbe
Gr_rogozGrass CattailGras, RohrkolbenGras LisdoddeHerbe Quenouille
GrushaPearBirnePeerPoirier
IngirFigFeigenbaumVijgFiguier
IvaWillowWeideWilgSaule
KamishReeds
Schilf
LisdoddeQuenouille
KatalpaCatalpaTrompetenbaumTrompetboomCatalpa
Kashtan1ChestnutKastanieKastanjeChâtaignier
Kashtan2/3/4
Horse Chestnut
Kastanie
Kastanje
Marronnier
KedrCedarZederCederCèdre
KiparisChyCypressZypresseCipresCyprès
KlenKlMapleAhornEsdoornÉrable
KustK, Ks or KtBushBuschStruikBuisson
LavrLaurelLorbeerLaurierLaurier
LipaLindenLindeLindeTilleul
MagnoliaMagnoliaMagnolieMagnoliaMagnolia
MandarinMandarinMandarineMandarijnMandarinier
OlhaAlderElsErleAulne
OleandrOleanderOleanderOleanderOléandre / Laurier rose
OrehWalnutWalnussWalnootNoyer / Noix
OsinaAspenAspeEspTremble
OsokaWater soldierWasseraloeZeggeCarex
PalmaPalmPalmePalmPalmier
PersikPhPeachPfirsichPerzikPêcher
PlatanPLPlanePlatanePlataanPlatane
RiabinaRowan / AshberryVogelbeereLijsterbesSorbier
SirenLilacFliederLilaLilas
SosnaSPineKieferPijnboomPin
TThujaThujaThujaThuya
TopolPoplarPappelPopulierPeuplier
VinogradGrape vineWeinrebeWijnrankVigne
VyazElmUlmeIepOrme
YablonyaAppleApfelbaumAppelPommier
YasenAshEscheEsFrêne

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that. Am about to download now as I want something a bit better for my Stranraer route refurb than the built in trees, especially the conifers.

After downloading the whole set (about 250 trees) I opened them all for edit and used a find/replace text editor to run through them changing the Russian names to English. Very quick once the editor has been loaded with the appropriate rules.

On my system the varieties of green leafed trees seem to share the same green coloring contrary to nature.

Available for download http://trainzup.com/

st_m.jpg

Thanks Dino, nice work and thank you for the time to compose it, its very helpful. It could have all been avoided if they were put up in English to begin with. There have been quite a few assets loaded up recently that the name doesn't give an indication to what it is, nor the description and nor the thumbnail, pretty unhelpful really.

Sadly, the ones I downloaded are once again fluro green at a mile away (not as bad as the messes made by N3V though), dropped my frame rate by one with every tree placed and nothing is of any decent size - there seems to be some mental barrier that doesn't allow trees to exceed 30m, where are 40m and even 50m trees?. Maybe they don't have big old mature trees in other countries as they do here. Point being, in my opinion, for a realistic setting, the trees are un-usable, however they are a better job than what N3V came up with, so a great effort, they are just not for me.

Thanks for the translation man.

Also, I haven't gotten a chance to go through all of them. Are there any autumn ones?

Sadly, the ones I downloaded are once again fluro green at a mile away (not as bad as the messes made by N3V though), dropped my frame rate by one with every tree placed and nothing is of any decent size - there seems to be some mental barrier that doesn't allow trees to exceed 30m, where are 40m and even 50m trees?. Maybe they don't have big old mature trees in other countries as they do here. Point being, in my opinion, for a realistic setting, the trees are un-usable, however they are a better job than what N3V came up with, so a great effort, they are just not for me.

Environmental controls can tame the brightness a bit, they are not all that colour, size? well we don't have many giant Trees in the UK, that's always been a problem previously, trying to find smaller Trees from what's on the DLS.

Back