Trainz Modular Rail group-- Multiplayer Eventually

ourense

I have been working on this idea in my mind for a while now. The idea involves having a combination of different "modules" all combined into one big layout. It could start with curve and straight templates (centered) but can lead all the way into complex yards or junctions created as "module sets"
Some requirements would be-
1. Double Track Centered on each end
2. At least one crossover/passing siding
3. At least one signal (positioned at either end)
4. A specific end texture (yet to be determined)
5. At least basic scenery
Optional Features-
1.Bridges
2.Industries
3. Cities
4. Streets
5. Railroad X-ings

If there is anything else you can think of or would change please show you thoughts in the comments I would really appreciate it.

P.S. I think the TMRRC (Trainz Modular Railroad Club) would be a good name)

Last edited by a moderator:
Remove your email from the forums; you don't want Spam bots mailing out stuff in your behalf!

Regarding the modules... Nothing new. It's been done before as part of the u-make series. Look them up on the DLS and you'll see. The tracks are placed a specific distance from the edges, and all use a certain track type which can be changed easily. There are all kinds of modules, all with little or no landscaping other than basic textures and maybe a river or two. There are curves, junctions, mountainsides, etc. which all can be merged together and incorporated into a larger layout or into your own routes.

John

I like the idea, but it has a few draw backs.

First, the content needed ramps up quickly. You might use 100 assets in your module, and I might use 100 on mine. Get 3-4 modules from people and soon you have 100's of assets to download. With can be a pain for those with out FCT.

To add to the things wrong, as far as I can tell in most iterations of Trainz right now MP is broke to some extent. In T:ANE every one get the "System in wrong state error." And in TRS12 it see's assets with updates for T:ANE as out of date. So it tries to update them but cant as they are to high of a build and it fails to load the session.

But that's not to say it cant be done. And not to say there aren't other way of making this idea of working.

For instance, you could make it iPortal as that still work in TRS12. Each player has a few board layout with 2-3 industries on it. Each person send the train to the left or right of them in a A<->B<->C<->A loop. While this has its draw backs as well, it could be pulled off if people actually had any idea what they where doing.

Ive found that trying to organize groups of Trainzers to be harder then herding cats.

Hi JIb228
I was just put onto this thread. :)
To add to the things wrong, as far as I can tell in most iterations of Trainz right now MP is broke to some extent. In T:ANE every one get the "System in wrong state error."
This generally indicates that the MP session you are trying to join has ended. It can take a short while for a session to disappear from the list. Personally, I'd suggest working with at least one other user to setup a session between yourselves, and allow others to join as you play. Maybe put a start time in the session name as well.

And in TRS12 it see's assets with updates for T:ANE as out of date. So it tries to update them but cant as they are to high of a build and it fails to load the session.
Have passed this one on to the team, although it may not have been fixed by the updates to the DLS that make TS12 not download updates for newer versions of Trainz.

Ive found that trying to organize groups of Trainzers to be harder then herding cats.
This has to be the best description I've seen of Trainzers/groups on here in a long time :D

Regards
Zec

This generally indicates that the MP session you are trying to join has ended. It can take a short while for a session to disappear from the list. Personally, I'd suggest working with at least one other user to setup a session between yourselves, and allow others to join as you play. Maybe put a start time in the session name as well.

It might have been the case. But I know of at least one instance where I did organize and communicant via Trainz Chat with someone and we did get this error. But I will try again after work and report back.

Have passed this one on to the team, although it may not have been fixed by the updates to the DLS that make TS12 not download updates for newer versions of Trainz.

Thanks, if it can get sorted out it would be great. I spent a good chunk of time working on a TRS12 MP session, and then uploaded it and the route and all the dependencies of mine. Only to find that one of my assets use's another dependency that was obsolete in TRS12 because an update for T:ANE was available. I'd update my route and session for T:ANE but I dont think the user base, my group of people who I was talking to about my route and session, all have T:ANE yet. And I didn't want to leave them out of the fun, yet.

Back