The Great Lakes Project

Good luck wawasoo, this is a huge, huge layout encompassing many routes.

Don't take this as being critical but, more constructive. I don't know how old you might be, but I'm 76 and if I was creating it, it may never be finished within my lifetime, so I probably wouldn't get the chance to run a train on it. At present you may be able to load all the base-boards up now, but what happens when you begin to landscape it? Looking at the specs on your computer, you may find it difficult to load such a big program fully detailed.

Personally, I do prefer the less-larger routes which I can run a whole network of trains on at the same time.
Anyway, I wish you well. Cheers,
Roy3b3

Good luck wawasoo, this is a huge, huge layout encompassing many routes.

Don't take this as being critical but, more constructive. I don't know how old you might be, but I'm 76 and if I was creating it, it may never be finished within my lifetime, so I probably wouldn't get the chance to run a train on it. At present you may be able to load all the base-boards up now, but what happens when you begin to landscape it? Looking at the specs on your computer, you may find it difficult to load such a big program fully detailed.

Personally, I do prefer the less-larger routes which I can run a whole network of trains on at the same time.
Anyway, I wish you well. Cheers,
Roy3b3

It's kinda scary isn't it? And no offense taken, I know It's crazy, that's why I'm doing it. I like routing trains too, we'll see how it goes. Good thing I have a lot of virtual Rulers. As the ole C&NW pushes past Carney, MI

Well I hit Hermansville, planted some flowers, put in a road looks awsome. Put out two arrows, the one on the left leads to the Soo Lines up in Pembine, WI 16 or so miles away, the one on the right lead to Iron Mountain, 21 or so Miles away. I'll have this whole route done by noon today at the pace I'm Going LOL!

And nearly 70 miles out of the way coming from Crivitz. Probably over 100 coming from Iron Mountain.

Do you plan to sleep during this projected, or see the outdoors by 2016:hehe:, One heck off a projected, my hat's off to ya. Looking like like a great start

Matt

This is not a project it's a career.
I'm sure your efforts will be appreciated by all that are brave enough to download it.

This is not a project it's a career.
I'm sure your efforts will be appreciated by all that are brave enough to download it.

Is it Noon yet? I didn't get all the terrain roughed in between Iron Mountain & Hermansville, MI. So for you that like pretty mountain vista's a put some flowers on it. I've got a couple more miles to go between the two.

Time for a simple road test to see if I layed my track properly for the Chicago & Northwestern. This a a picture of the way the C&NW passed north of Downtown Iron Mountain, Under the Milwaukee Road. It headed west out of town towards Pulp & Spread Eagle, MI. I'm wrapping it back into the Milwaukee Road Main so I can get my C&NW fleet down to Green Bay as the Escanaba Branch isn't even close to being built at this point.

But it has to be more than a simple track test. ie that it's connected signaled and such. I need to test if sending unit's south I will have to use track marks....as in navigate via. I'm going to use these 16 units to Jam UP the Milwaukee Road Line from Iron Mountain, MI to Green Bay...if any of the Milwaukee units divert at Stiles or Crivitz, WI, then I know I need to send them past those branches to keep them off C&NW Lines. Gonna Run 77 Units including these 16 Jammers.

And they're off...now to flood they network with traffic. This is the best part of the game IMO. Build something and then test it to the breaking point...just to see what it takes.

Back