The Great Lakes Project

That tree is in perfect scale to locomotives, Called a Mountain Maple in Tane. If it were given the Fall Color of the darker red, you would have A North American Red Maple, which is much more common.

The problem is with trees, and the development of assets in trainz, is you think they all have to look different to give a different color. Well in the Fall yes. But in the Spring and summer when they are green. I bet 99% of the people in North America not could tell the difference between a Silver Maple, a Red Maple, a Sugar Maple or your mountain Maple in Tane.

Yeah there bark is different, but for the same of this game and the level of detail to the average person.....it looks the same. They have green leaves and they are shaped like your mountain maple. The only way most people can tell them apart is in the fall, and they still don't even know what they are looking at.

Last edited:
In that picture the Big Mountain Maple is flanked by two smaller Mountain Maples. Imagine if he was completely surrounded by them an other trees in a woods? How many lower branches would he have, Answer none. As the little ones surrounding him would spread out to grab sunshine. IF he grew any he'd drop them as they weren't producing food and where a waste of energy.

So what would he do to get sunshine? If sunshine were food?

How would he do that? Get to Sunshine? Grow tall fast.

What's the best way to do that? Single Stem and not fight over lower sunshine.
Then when you get up above the ankle bitters sun steeling son's a bitches? Oh, I don't know grow a canopy and shade them out, and steel all their Sunshine food.

Point is the big ones are big, because they grow strait up and don't get wide, and win the race to the sun, and eventually kill everybody below them.

So...the bigger the tree you are going to model in Tane....loose the side branches, and put a sunshine gathering umbrella on their head. Because there are gonna kill everybody below them once they do.

SO the rule to building trees in Tane: The little guys are fat and wide, the big guys are strait and tall with no branches on the side, mankind has grown to call them lumber.

Last edited:
If those mountain maples above were real, them little guys would be doing just that getting wide in multiple stems. That's why I say they are perfect trees to model, but the big guy in the center. If he was surrounded, he'd have nothing on his sides, one single stem, perhaps two. Then he would spread out above them little guys.

Just a hint of fall color in Ishpeming, (as much a my crappy card allows), Moving through the DSS&A yards.

Champion Yard get's it Coal & Water, In memory of Bob Cass;

Looking west towards Michigammi. The Milwaukee Road the double Track on the Left The DSS&A triple tracks on right.

are u still working on it? If not why dint u just give it away for people to try it out.
Because that's not how the forums work. :p I see that you are new here, so welcome to the forums, where decent grammar is appreciated and gimme pigging is not tolerated. So let's break this post down and see what went wrong here. Hmm...

1) If you read back basically any at all you would have seen that the creator of the route is waiting to upgrade his graphics performance so that he can resume progress. This alone should tell you that once he has his necessary upgrades, he will return.
2) We content creators rarely like giving out unfinished products, unless we want someone to test it for us and give us feedback, in which case we would give it out in small numbers to those we want testing it.
3) Your grammar makes my eyes hurt. My cat can probably do better, but then again it is a lazy cat so maybe not.
4) I would now like to emphasize how much gimme pigging is despised here. Gimme pigging = bad. Don't do it. Ever. You're welcome.

He'll be back soon enough to work on the route again. Until then:
Patience%2BGrasshopper.jpg

Back