Track to High

npr

I laid my track but its to high. I want to slowly lower it back to the ground or a little under it. is there a key on the key board to help me slowly pull the track down to earth. Like if I have a house and its to high I use the shift key and mouse and slowly lower it to the right height. Thanks guys.

You will have to set the height of the spline points to lower the track.

Alternatively, you could raise the ground a tiny bit via the topology menu.

Hi - What to do is open the track tab. Open the advanced tab at the bottom of the open window. The first Icon should be "adjust spline height". Click on this and go to a track spline that you want to adjust. With your cursor on the spline left click and hold the mouse key. Now pull the mouse toward you and the track should lower to the point height you want (use the shift key at the same time for finer adjustment). If you have level track for some distance on your route then now click on the "get Vertex height" (two icons below the height button you just used). Click on this and put your mouse key over the track spline you adjusted and left click. 0.00 should now change to a height you have set for that spline. Click the icon to the right of this number (Apply vertex height) and this "locks" the spline height until you reset it again. Now go along your track and click on the splines and they will adjust to your preset height.

Hope that helps

Doug

Are you talking about the smooth spline tool setting the track 0.20m floating higher than the terrain ?

Break out a calculator, and measure each track spline point height, and subtract 0.20m, and type in that numeral, and apply that numeral to each and every 20 zillion track spline point heights ... or use a track with deep embankments.

Trainz is measured in meters in surveyor, and you can type in a metric numeral in the track/terrain height window, and apply that height.

You can even type in the desired gradient numeral, and apply that gradient

Last edited:
Thanks guys. It would nice if we could lean the track, like going around the curves. Thanks again.!

If you do as "Cascaderail" suggested and go too the trouble of lowering "all" the spline heights ?

Be warned "DONT" use the Smooth Tool on the Track again ! as the height above the ground will revert to the original height !

NormP.

You can...... Click the ? and click the spline point and set the super elevation
So we need a little more explanation of how this works: I have used the ? to set the superelevation and it works quite well. But is not clear where this elevation works. Is it right at the spline? between splines? at any place in the curve? what is the right amount? It saves a lot of experimentation if we have guidelines of how to use it. Can you use it on any track? or just the ones made for this effect...

Back