What British Diesel is Featured in Top Gear Commercial?

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
I've got BBC America via my cable provider, and they're showing a commercial for Top Gear: Best of James, which will come one Saturday (8/29) and I was wondering what British locomotive is featured in the commercial hitting a car placed on a crossing. The problem is that the camera used for the crash is located above and 'looking down' on the train, which results in the numbers being obscured. I don't know if the same commercial is shown over in the U.K., but maybe someone can find the commercial online and can tell me what locomotive it is. I'm not a 'Car Guy', I'm just interested in the locomotive they used.

Hi Jordon,

I can't find the advert that you are seeing over there, but when Top Gear did the stunt with a locomotive hitting a people carrier on a level crossing, they used a Class 31 Diesel. Look on youtube and the there are clips of the episode on there.

Cheers

chrisw27

Hi Jordon,

I can't find the advert that you are seeing over there, but when Top Gear did the stunt with a locomotive hitting a people carrier on a level crossing, they used a Class 31 Diesel. Look on youtube and the there are clips of the episode on there.

Cheers

chrisw27

I did some research, and I found that they did use a Class 31. They used, though I could be wrong, Class 31 31107.

Back