Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where do you store all your locomotives and consists ?

Because anything over 06, tends to lose hours, and years of work, when your route just varnish's into cyberspace

I will run my route in 09, 10, 12, T:ANE, and TS19 ... But I will never edit my route using 09, 10, 12, T:ANE, and TS19

Quote Originally Posted by cascaderailroad View Post
    Because anything over 06, tends to lose hours, and years of work, when your route just varnish's into cyberspace
    Sounds more like hardware issues than software. I've never experienced this. The only time in about 15 years of Trainz that I've ever lost anything was when hardware failed and fried my drives.

Perhaps you're trying to use more memory than your PC is capable of and corrupting data?

My route is 1.09GB .. lol
    <<< this is a massive problem. How much of that is your route, and how much of it is session consists that become dependencies?

Blog Entries

In TRS2006 you can not drag a consist out of a menu list, while you are in "Driver" mode, I'd be surprised if you can even do this in 09, 10, 12 or T:ANE ... please relate more on this
    The QuickDrive tool that appears on the right of the screen in TANE, TRS19 (and I think TS12 as well but I do not remember) allows you to add consists "on the fly". In TRS19 you can also add individual wagons "on the fly" as well.

... I will never edit my route using 09, 10, 12, T:ANE, and TS19
    Apart from a few cases with the early betas in TANE, I have never had a route vanish into cyberspace. In any case that can apply to any software package at anytime - it is the painful way that I learned to create backups many years before Trainz arrived.
    Last edited by pware; January 4th, 2019 at 01:44 AM. Reason: typo
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

I think I have answered my own question: As to: "Where do you store all your locomotives and consists"

I have a low quality PC, and that helps diagnose the problem … as when I place 10, one mile long consists, the framerates progressively drop from 21 fps, all the way down to 13 fps, after each 1 mile long consist is laid down

So to have one route called: "All My Loco's and Railcars" having hundreds, if not thousands of loco's, railcars, and consists … the strain on the PC would be tremendous, having single framerates, or 0.3 fps, if not having the PC locked up completely

So a series of several separate iPortal staging yard routes, ie: "ALCO Land", "AeroTrain Land", "K&L Land", "JR Land", "RR Mods Land" … etc … etc … would be more framerate friendly … As with using iPortal's, you can send consists to a separate route on your PC, and they come popping out of that iPortal

I found that simply having all 4325 RGCX railcars downloaded into my game, locked up my entire PC performance … and if I placed all of his 4325 railcars on one train, having a long 41 mile long consist on my route, it crashed my PC

My question now is: Do "iPortals" still work in TS12, T:ANE, and TS19
    Last edited by cascaderailroad; May 13th, 2019 at 09:25 PM.

United States of America, California, San Jose
    Blog Entries

In the roundhouse, or in the yard:

Make train simulators great again #MTSGA obiter dictum

half of my trains are faulty so i cant store them anywhere hahahahha

I had these thought at one time trying to place engines as listed at each Loco Shed.
    I suddenly became aware when implementing NER Passenger Engine Working with respective Carriage Roster that engine stored in a loco shed were not earning revenue.
    So I only placed a loco at a shed as required for each Engine/Carriage schedule, then moved it to where the Carriages departed from.
    I assume that engines when necessary returned at the end of a shift, which for drivers was 10 or 12 hours, to their respective Loco Sheds.
    In this case unless one wanted to stay up all night and observe them being serviced then there appeared to be no reason to have them return.
    Up until now, and I have yet to fully implement the rosters, there is no need to place more engines at Loco Sheds than are needed for the days work.
    I believe that I do not have enough life left in me, currently 80 years old, to complete a full weeks schedule, so I am not going to worry about the engines returning to their respective Loco Sheds.
    Even when I have completed the days passenger schedule I still have;_
    - Goods traffic to add, have some movements already implemented
    - Mineral traffic to add, this being the largest income earner for the NER.
    - Tidy up my route with the data contained in the NER Line Diagram Booklets. This is a monstrous task as I have determined on one leg of my route.
    - Correct and implement correct signaling types and locations.
    I could list for ever the things to be added and completed.
    I do not drive any other built in routes other that to to determine how others have overcome a task.
    All my consists are driven employing the A1 driver.
    Enough for now.
    JackDownUnder