What content is on your radar?

n3vpolsen

Administrator
The past few weeks we have asked what content people are working on. We’ve been very impressed by the quality of content and dedication creators are putting into their works but someone's masterpiece might not be someone else's cup of tea.

We would like to hear from our community on the content they would like to see in future Trainz products. Have your say, whether it's a certain type of locomotive, consist, prototypical route or a session that allows you to relive that beloved journey you once took across the USA, UK or wherever.

We want to hear what your ideal content would be for Trainz.

Feather river route with Keddie Wye.

wp3522_0001.jpg
cz_keddie_y.jpg
20051113223352_IMG_1020.JPG
49441keddiewyemeetcat.jpg
tumblr_nhxng2XCbl1rnfg4ro1_1280.jpg
FFsoup.jpg
KeddieYBNmix.jpg
9254795995_3d7fc6e80f.jpg

Hm-m what would I like to see in the Trainz ... something winterly from Croatia ... something like this ...
DSC_3485_zps765d1d11.jpg

DSC_3653_zpsc28ee86e.jpg

DSC_3814_zps163a5106.jpg

DSC_4369_zps8009dbaf.jpg

... and of course, this locomotive
100_4839.jpg

But ... for my pleasure I have over several repaints of this locomotive and some winter maps ;)
screen24.jpg

Feather river route

Feather river route with Keddie Wye.

I have this in MSTS and it is a great route, still play it sometimes, would love to see it in TANE.
Regards
Barrie

But I hope that the other DLC updating has not been forgotten.

Last edited:
I don't really care for the kind of content as long as it is in HD.

I would like to see highly detailed Locomotives and Rolling Stock, the ratio between locos and wagons is also way out, seems that most people are concentrating on locos while the wagons gets neglected.

More detailed interiors with more animation, I would like to pop the hood on my locos and I would like to be able to walk the length of the train on the inside while looking around.

More detailed train drivers with more animation, also train crews, service personnel, trackside workers.

Much much more animated people and animals for the world.

Much much more highly detailed and animated industries.

Improved roads system with more road vehicles.

HD skyz.

More sounds and background sounds, like old French music while I'm driving through old French country side.

When I am presented with a new route I would also like to get the trains to go with that route, or at least be told where to get or buy the trains.

Any kind of routes as long as they are highly detailed, I would like to see a small route depicting the beginning of the steam era.

I would like to be taken to places that I have not been to before.

Hmm, lets see

Montreal Locomotive Works M-420
BR Class 370 (InterCity APT-P)
BR Class 373 (New Eurostar Blue Livery)
BR Class 374 (Eurostar e320)
TGV Sud Est (New Livery)
TGV Atlantique
Pullman Brighton Belle

The 'West Coast Main Line' in the UK would be a great alternative to the 'ECML' that as been championed on Trainz for many years. The inclusion or updates of some of the steam locos such as the 'Britannia', '8F', '9F' and 'Black Five' would be very welcome.

Regards, RICHARD

6806168466_d4bf949c58_z.jpg
I'd love to see the Romney Hythe And Dymchurch Railway - it's a 13-mile long 15 inch railway with all sorts of different engines, running from Dungeness to Hythe in the UK. It has 13 engines, styled in many different ways.
Rhdr01h.jpg
th
Romney_Hythe_and_Dymchurch_railway_5744_std.jpg
th
th

th

Last edited:
No fancy pics from me - what would I like to see come to Trainz (Tane).

Highly improved consist system that allows load consignment etc
Highly detailed and interactive industries with all moving parts (bells & Whistles)
Configurable landscape building tool (advanced ctrl, alt & P) add tree type, water % hill/mountain terrain etc.
Free roaming people - like laying a road with cars as we have now.

Jus a few of my wishes

Last edited:
For my favourite I would really like to see engines of the famed Southern Railway steam excursion programe. A set like the CNJ blue comet would be nice, with 630 in black, and 722 in green (with water tenders WT51 and WT52), as well as a complete train of Southern carriages. The set would include the famed Man O'War combine right behind the engine, classic heavyweight pullman sleepers and pullman coaches and the legendary open air heavyweight observation "Lookout Mountain" on the end or business car (private saloon) "Eden Isle".

The 722 (with WT52 behind) pilots 4501(already in Trainz(3rd party)) with the lightweight combine "Man O'War (already in Trainz) behind the 4501.
ab081c21c0e20c85a7a2aa80f7c56674.jpg

The usual end carriage, the 1056, seen below after being sold to Mt. Hood, while still in southern colors. (Already in Trainz)
824de39e378276f0fcf46c81e801b6d9.jpg

The other end carriage, the Business Car "Eden Isle" (ex-B&O) now TVRM (owners of 4501 and 630) #98. My favourite piece of rolling stock at TVRM.
af1e66bf4a3a5d81ca687f779cf2f9da.jpg

I hope this wonderful consist can come to Trainz, so everyone who loves classic US steam, Southern steam, and lives were effected by the magic of the southern steam programme, TVRM, and 21st century steam for a few pieces of the above stock.

The Southern 630, sister to 722 (both 2-8-0s) on a TVRM excursion.
a24d009f4d94e6e6b911dc148b334678.jpg

I would love the carriages to have interiors, you could hang out the baggage door of the Man O'War and record like many people did, ride in a coach seat in a heavyweight, in the heavyweight bathroom lounges, in the pullman berths and compartments, and on the Lookout Mountain, in the open seats and on the rear platform. The Eden Isle could have her rear platform, observation lounge, dining room, kitchen, and staterooms (which I know the layout and style of very well and could provide accuracy details and authenticity checks.)

Saturnr

Last edited:
Midland Line, New Zealand (TranzAlpine route)

ilkalkxbx.jpg

Need I say no more- the Midland Line in New Zealand's Southern Alps. I think that the 42 mile section between Springfield and Arthurs Pass would be perfect for Trainz because of its spectacular scenery. I can imagine driving a sparking white TranzAlpine, complete with tourists hanging out of the viewing deck over the Pattersons Creek Viaduct, snow on the hills near Cora Lynn, mountain goats looking down at the train at Staircase and attacking the gruesome final climb in Notch 8. A pair of two DXC locomotives- 5454 (complete with dodgy wipers) and 5258 (don't forget the funny horn) would look fantastic roaming the mountain rails. Do it!

U S narrow gauge

The past few weeks we have asked what content people are working on. We’ve been very impressed by the quality of content and dedication creators are putting into their works but someone's masterpiece might not be someone else's cup of tea.

We would like to hear from our community on the content they would like to see in future Trainz products. Have your say, whether it's a certain type of locomotive, consist, prototypical route or a session that allows you to relive that beloved journey you once took across the USA, UK or wherever.

We want to hear what your ideal content would be for Trainz.

The route Narrow Gauge Scrap Book & DRGW ng & more freight rolling stock

Anything Dutch with their iconic yellow and blue inter city trains as well as others. With the dense network offering endless routing and switching, no need to spend hours staring at the passing trees waiting for the next station.
CRW_4060C.jpgCRW_4536C.jpgCRW_3676C.jpgCRW_3662C.jpgCRW_3772C.jpgIMG_0669.jpgIMG_0731.jpg

Back