Tony didn't take his new game's criticism all that well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

parrthd1

Oldham Central RR CEO
I do apologize, and wish not to be banned here, but I do believe this was a bit of an over reaction on N3V's part.

Attention all Trainz Forum Members:

This weekend we made the decision to take the Trainz community forums offline for 24 hours while we updated our Code of Conduct. This gave an opportunity for forum members to reflect upond their involvement in the community and to think about the actions they take on the forums.

Many people have commented that the forums are not the place they used to be. These forums are provided as a service for fans to communicate about the Trainz range of products. It is meant be a place to share a common interest, share experiences and discover more about the Trainz hobby.

It is not a place that for people to come and attempt to stir up trouble and insult people, which has been happening too much lately. With an update to the rules in place, we will be cracking down very hard on people who do not follow the Code of Conduct and especially those who do not show respect to others.

We have updated items 13 and 16 in the Code of Conduct to more clearly define the responsibility of each forum member to avoid conflict and to ensure their posts add something constructive to the conversation.

These changes will strengthen the ability of moderators to remove posts that breach the CoC and ban members making those posts from the community. We will simply have a zero tolerance for anti-social behaviour, so be warned.

In short, if your words are likely to upset someone, you are likely to be banned.

We are sure that some people will deem this to be over zealous censorship but everyone has a right to share their opinion and we will not stop different points of view being expressed. What we will not allow is for people to to be abusive or derogatory towards people who do not share the same opinion.

The short term impact of this action will be that some people will most likely receive infractions they feel are unjust. There will be no right to appeal or discuss these infractions. The moderators decision is final. While some individuals will feel harshly treated, the goal is to ensure people can visit these forums without fear of being personally attacked.

We think these changes will have a significant benefit in continuing the many positive aspects of these forums.

Please remember these forums are focussed around a hobby. There are no life or death issues at stake here. We suggest if you do receive a temporary ban that you relax and find something else to do while you serve you time away from the forums and rejoin the community with a more positive attitude in the future.

If you feel you would like to assist us in moderating the forums under these new guidelines, please contact us at anewera@n3vgames.com.

Respectfully

Tony Hilliam
CEO, N3V Games

This is silly. Incredibly silly... The way that the punishment is described for criticism is comparable to the Soviets or dare I say the Nazi's... Again, I apologize for this, but this is all very unnecessary just because N3V is upset that their customers are expressing their disappointment that their copy of T:ANE was poorly optimized, and was just a dolled up version of 2012... Ban me if you will, but this should be a warning to others about how awful this place is becoming... Ban me if you will, but I believe I am well within the boundaries of the CoC, and not some tyrant's teenage moody spells even though they are adults!

-Jacob

Uh, silly post of the month. Its already been done and dusted in other threads, why are you starting another thread about this unless you're trying to push the boundaries.

Uh, silly post of the month. Its already been done and dusted in other threads, why are you starting another thread about this unless you're trying to push the boundaries.

Pushing the buttons of the Tyrant is just how I do things, its meant to show him that his customer base can't just be forced to like something by taking things away... I don't think these sorts of threads will disappear for a long time, so you better get used to it.

I wouldn't namecall people that designed a program for you ... If not for N3V, you would not have T:ANE, and all the other working versions of the game. We would have nothing without those at N3V

I like T:ANE more than TS12. It has bugs which should be fixed in SP1 which we know is happening and has a very concise changelog. Otherwise it performs better (Mind I have proper hardware) and overall looks better.

I understand why the forum was closed. It was getting rowdy, and you know what, it has indeed calmed down. One day without access didn't harm anyone.

Sorry, do my opinions differ to yours? If you don't like what's on offer here, why not stick with Trainz.net as you call it.

Jack

I wouldn't namecall people that designed a program for you ... If not for N3V, you would not have T:ANE, and all the other working versions of the game. We would have nothing without those at N3V

They may have designed it, but the popularity has gone to their head, So I will take my stable versions of Trainz and leave the customer base of N3V yet continue to warn others of the horrible people who run the company.

Jesus S. Christmas, why don't you leave those people alone. Things are just the way they are and that's that. Even with all the issues Trainz is still the best Train Sim on the market and the easiest to create assets for and the easiest for Map making.

As Stan Lee says, "NUFF SAID!"

Hell yeah, I'm a Crabby Old Geezer, and I got a right to be.

Cheers!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back