News from the Trainz Dev Forums.

The Trainz Dev activity has begun again this time as we start testing new features for T:ANE. This is going to be interesting as we see what some of the future things might lead to, but please do keep in mind of the following as stated perfectly by Windwalkr:

* As with all of the internal builds: this isn't a beta, this probably contains a bunch of stuff which will never see the light of day, it most definitely contains a lot of experimental changes and work-in-progress so expect lots of bugs and compatibility issues. As this is not a beta, we will not prioritise fixing bugs. Feel free to let us know about anything that you find, but please don't expect that we'll necessarily get to them in any specific timeframe.
* You will notice a new "Compatibility mode" checkbox in the "Trainz Settings > General" tab. Unless you really like living on the edge, I would suggest that you leave this checkbox enabled (default.) Turning it off is an interesting experiment, but will break a lot of things because it's very incomplete. You have been warned.
* Lots of small things have changed.
* You aren't connected to the live servers with this build. We're working on migrating some services to a different service provider, and you'll be connected to the test servers until that is complete.
* Route and Session file formats are different and not finalised. Anything you modify in the internal test builds should be considered throwaway work and you should expect that it will not be usable in future builds.

That said, I will update the post here periodically as time goes on of any interesting things we come across.

John

Hello John, sir ..

I just Chris post to you guys from the Trainz Dev forum, and looks like you guys got your hands pull for a long time!

Good Luck with that, sir, and thanks for these updates!

Looking forward to reading more! :udrool:

Take Care now

Ishie

Hello John, fellow Trainzers, etc

Anything new happening lately?

Anything that can be revealed!! :hehe:

Been a while!

Thanks in advance
Ish

Hello John, fellow Trainzers, etc

Anything new happening lately?

Anything that can be revealed!! :hehe:

Been a while!

Thanks in advance
Ish

Hi Ish,

I've been out of the loop for a bit due to lack of a desktop machine, but we did receive some test builds to do stuff and we've admitted some new members. We also have been testing, off and on, the new MP Surveyor which will be part of NEXT when I could do that.

There has also been some work with documentation and scripts as well as stuff with textures and shadows.

Sorry for no updates, but when something new happens I'll definitely report it here.

John

Back