DL&W/Lackawanna/Steamtown content?

Well, unless you have the skills to make them yourself (and i don't mean you in particular), Trainz is a "work with what'cha got" type-a game. Yu gotta make do with what you have unless you can find it or make it yourself.

If i had the skills, i'd take a stab at Blender, but i can't work it for the life of me.

Actually, i think the CPR Roundhouse by msgsapper is a nice fit, or the CNR roundhouse by tlanders. There's probably others on the DLS too that could fit.

Regards,

Well, if you wanted to make it look like it did in DL&W days, Ben Dorsey has some full circle roundhouses on the DLS.

What i'm doing with one of my projects is making three version: one set in the steam era, one in the diesel era, and one in in the 1990's.

Close enough to Lackawanna!

d879d08e997fc79e633fde29f3823475.jpg

3279b81924328bd58aa94af5ce29a082.jpg

I know this is out of place, but amazing Steve, the 302 too,this pack just gets better and better. That bridge shot is amazing.

Saturnr

You know, you could have grabbed the DEM off the DLS for the Steamtown route. The DEM goes from Scranton to Tobyhanna and Carbondale. The file name is Del-Lack and smooz is the creator. You are doing it the hard way, by hand using flat baseboards and creating the mountains yourself. The DEM would be more to scale and the mileage would be correct. By hand, you have to guess at the distance and heights and stuff.

You know, you could have grabbed the DEM off the DLS for the Steamtown route. The DEM goes from Scranton to Tobyhanna and Carbondale. The file name is Del-Lack and smooz is the creator. You are doing it the hard way, by hand using flat baseboards and creating the mountains yourself. The DEM would be more to scale and the mileage would be correct. By hand, you have to guess at the distance and heights and stuff.
dude! this topic is 7 months old! you bumped it for no reason!

The man Erik builds a route from scratch; goes through the arduous job to recreate a prototype... and YES, deals with the monotony and unpleasant task of guessing distance, height and the correct placement of track... why? That is because THIS IS A HOBBY FOLKS, and some of us [including me] prefer to create w/o the aid of DEM's and such, so one day I can sit back and say "WOW!!! I have taken the prototype, and built this fine replica of it!" :cool: NOT "Great! I have taken the prototype, and built this fine replica of it... well, except from the aid of those DEM's!" :confused: or I have created a "prototype" but had cloned the track!

Forgive me, but in my opinion a real prototype modeler does not use DEMS :mop:Those Model Railroad greats of "old", seeking to create a prototype(s); such as John Allen, Linn Westcott, Tony Koester, and John Armstrong did not use DEMS; nor would they have if available at the time! As for Cyber Model Railroad Greats, of Trainz -as far as I know: Philskene (with a few exceptions, on occasion adapting some RR's from a Track plan, such as that of Linn -a "DEM" in the sense of a "copy"), Msgsapper, and Dave Snow DO NOT use DEM's!

And I, and many others on this forum consider it is an unspeakable offence for someone to come along and say derogatory, or negative comments about someone's hard work, and/or creative efforts; and not having created anything himself or contributed something to the community! It does not speak well of the person... and such people are viewed by this community, as nothing more than a Troll!!! :n:

The Nicholson bridge is on the DLS. I'm sorry for my comment a few years ago, I was just trying to help. I owned a lot of Trainz versions (but only use 12 or TANE now) but didn't make anything except some unfinished routes and some reskins. I did start a Steamtown route toward Moscow, etc. a while back using the DEM from the DLS but it's hard figuring out exactly what the grades should be for the railroad since the DEM was made with HOG and it wasn't perfect. You have to sort of guess and use the tool that raises the ground to the track to create fills, etc. I think TransDEM has the ability to create smooth grades for the railroad from the beginning. I bought K&L's B&M Pacific since that will be the main steam power on Steamtown excursion trains in the future. 3254 is sort of retired now (worn out) and maybe 2317 will run again.

Last edited:
Back