DL&W/Lackawanna/Steamtown content?

tommyr1234

I've posted a similar post quite some time ago and never got many responses. my question is is there any dl&w or lackawanna or steamtown freeware or payware? ive been hunting and cant seem to find much, ive found a diesel here and there but im looking for like the 40s era when steam ruled the area, and if no content how come? i came across a video of the beautiful Q4 superpower 4-8-4 and would LOVE to have a trainz model of it, ill attach the video. Any replies are welcome! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74O6eoaFMs

BDNeal did make some Mountain-type locos; not Erie or Lackawanna specific though. There are some buildings by Bendorsey that might be helpful.

Remember that a lot of the Steamtown equipment is actually Canadian. So perhaps some CNR locos might be more in order.

John

While not exactly what you are asking about, it's still Steamtown type content.

8ef44fc4ad204a2db1f698d03e59fade.jpg

The Lackawanna Station...This will get finished someday.

Very nice model. I've driven by that building both before and after rehabilitation.

A model with and without the name on it would be nice because the building could be used elsewhere.

John

I'm sure you've heard of Tyler Bishop & Steve Lerro's highly detailed Canadian National 2-8-2 S1-b #3254... right? It is identical to the IRL CN 2-8-2 that was recently decommissioned from Steamtown for it's FRA mandated 4-5 year inspection. It is one of the best download's I've ever made. Have I mentioned... that it's freeware? Here's the link on TrainzProRoutes: http://uslw.net/downloads.php?action=view&id=76

I'm pretty sure you have to register/log in to download it, and it may be a pain to get working on TS12/T:ANE, but it's a beautiful locomotive that sounds and looks just like the real deal. It'll take you back to the days that 3254 was in operation at Steamtown.

Last edited:
I'm sure you've heard of Tyler Bishop & Steve Lerro's highly detailed Canadian National 2-8-2 S1-b #3254... right?

I'm going to be rebuilding it next year to add to the growing CN roster on my site. And a few CP engines are planned as well.

Wait a second...

HOLY CRAP, HE MEANS CP 2317!!! YES!!!! FINALLY!!!! I thought I would have to do it myself someday! Thank you so much, Steve! Hey! Can you do some type of "First 10 downloads are free" type of promo? Because... I can't really buy stuff for simulators/video games anymore... And I love that locomotive to death. She's the first locomotive I ever rode on, and most of your content is payware and... Jesus, my personal hype train has begun...

Steve! Hey! Can you do some type of "First 10 downloads are free" type of promo? Because... I can't really buy stuff for simulators/video games anymore

A rather immature and insulting thing to say considering I spent hundreds of dollars on research and hundreds of hours making each model and $7.50 is NOT alot of money considering what I put into it, so I'm just going to pretend you didn't just ask me that.

Last edited:
A rather immature and insulting thing to say considering I spent hundreds of dollars on research and hundreds of hours making each model and $7.50 is NOT alot of money considering what I put into it, so I'm just going to pretend you didn't just ask me that.
Yes and they are worth every penny of that.

steve your stuff is the best! i dont buy from anyone else and everything you make is very much appreciated and is worth every cent! looking forward to that t1! i live in scranton so its a bummer not having much content anywhere besides that loco! i also bought the 2-8-0 cn that you made thats pretty identical to the 3254!

I sincerely apologize. I'm a huge fan of your work, and I guess I failed to understand that it is exactly that - work. The hype of that announcement just totally screwed up my thought process altogether, and I see clearly that it was immature of me to ask for a "discount," and, again, I apologize. I'm still incredibly excited for the release of my favorite locomotive, and so are many others for the update of CN 3254 and others, so please keep us posted.

Nice job for a hand modeled route. Personally I would have used TransDEM and imported the real terrain with a 1940s-period topographic map to show all the rail lines. :D

John

Back