AI Ignoring Track Direction Markers

Have you tried placing an invisible signal behind the train (facing backwards) and a direction arrow behind that?
Cheers,
Mike

That's the way I have it set up now. The problem is that the train in question now changes direction (tries to go a considerable distance backwards instead of forwards, but is stopped by the signal and track direction marker facing it) and then decides not to operate its schedule and basically requires manual intervention to move in the direction it's supposed to go..

There is also the Route Via Trackmark command which routes a train through a trackmark at speed instead of stopping. You could add trackmarks in the sections of track you need to the trains to operate on and route them via the trackmarks.

It's only one train that seems to do this at this spot. Part of me is now wondering if this particular schedule needs to be operated with different equipment. (EMU vs. Locomotive and coaches) or simply have the assigned consist flipped so that the locomotive leads as opposed to the cab car.

It's only one train that seems to do this at this spot. Part of me is now wondering if this particular schedule needs to be operated with different equipment. (EMU vs. Locomotive and coaches) or simply have the assigned consist flipped so that the locomotive leads as opposed to the cab car.

I have seen this occur with a single engine-pulled consist, but not with as you say an EMU or DMU trainset. There are some cab-cars on the DLS which you might want to try. I've had some good luck with those and they do look prototypical as well.

I have seen this occur with a single engine-pulled consist, but not with as you say an EMU or DMU trainset. There are some cab-cars on the DLS which you might want to try. I've had some good luck with those and they do look prototypical as well.

All my cab cars are based upon the Shoreliners that were first created for the Harlem Line. I flipped the consist and reviewed the location (adjusted the reverse signals and added track direction markers), the problem in that spot now appears to be fixed.

Back