Track Cannot be Deleted

jkinzel

The North Bank Route
T:ANE, Build 76401: I have a section of track I can do nothing with, it cannot be deleted, moved in any direction, spline points cannot added or deleted and a train will not run on it. If a train enters this section of track the entire train instantly vaporizes. I have deleted this track from content manager in the hopes of being able to delete the ghost, but it acts the same way.

I didn't think anything of it at the time, but there was a train on this section track that just disappeared while I was doing something at another location. I can't remember if it was in surveyor or drive, but I'm guessing driver. I can place cars/engines on this track and slide them the entire distance in surveyor.

I don't believe the type of track is relevant, but it is ST 100# JR Track B/rusty/old.

In the photo, the entire length of yellow line is the track in question. The orange line represents the approximate location of the train that disappeared.

Any thoughts? Is this a T:ANE thing? I never had it happen in 12 or 10, etc.

Regards,

2015-08-14%20151832%20A_zpspvldtgsd.jpg

Any thoughts? Is this a T:ANE thing? I never had it happen in 12 or 10, etc.

First, try deleting the track as if it were a road spline.

I suspect that won't work, however, as the problem is likely due to the disappeared train.

Try pasting a blank area of the map over the top of the problem track, ensuring that paste track is active. This should delete any track in the pasted area.

If that doesn't work, then you may be able to identify the disappeared train through the route dependencies. If you can identify it, check if it causes a problem in a new route. If so, replace it by selecting any working train, clone it and then edit the KUID to supersede the problem train.

jkinzel is this your name you have solution for delete here. Is not TANE can do also TS12

you go to F4 and click ?
make a new layer call it 'delete layer' or so.
now you change this track to layer 'delete layer'
when done you can delete the 'delete layer'
done

Ning:cool:

I wonder if that track is actually faulty on you. I imported the ST track and had some with missing meshes and textures, according to T:ANE CM. The fix was pretty easy though. For the preview mesh, I copied the mesh.name to preview or default.im (I can't remember which), and the texture issue was just a .texture needed to be a .tga/.texture combination.

John

I wonder if that track is actually faulty on you. I imported the ST track and had some with missing meshes and textures, according to T:ANE CM. The fix was pretty easy though. For the preview mesh, I copied the mesh.name to preview or default.im (I can't remember which), and the texture issue was just a .texture needed to be a .tga/.texture combination.

John

John, The track is OK, I think it was just one of those weird things that happens, first time for me.

jkinzel is this your name you have solution for delete here. Is not TANE can do also TS12

you go to F4 and click ?
make a new layer call it 'delete layer' or so.
now you change this track to layer 'delete layer'
when done you can delete the 'delete layer'
done

Ning:cool:

Ning, Thank you, that did the trick. You just saved me many hours of frustration.

Back