Need help to reinstall TS12 and T:ANE after Windows 10 crashed

Rail4Pete

QCR Route builder
Hi fellow trainzer, Last week I have upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. Yesterday I had my first ever major crash since I got PCs (almost 20 years). No rescue disk. Fortunately T:ane and Ts 2012 are on disk B while the OS which I format is on ''C''. I reinstalled Win 7. Some missing dll make my, both trainz installation they do not want to start. Which way is the better to reinstall but whithout loosing my content, or which folder do I have to backup and reinstall ?

Is there a way to avoid redownloading T:ane's 8 Gb patch and install only what is missing ? Same question for TS 2012.

Thank you for your help !
Rail4Pete

You can buy Trainz 2012 and T:ANE digitally at their current respective builds. As for backing up content, it should be in the user data original folder. Not sure though.

Can I ask which file it says is missing? The likely one is d3dx9_43.dll - if this is the case, reinstall DirectX 9.

Shane

Can I ask which file it says is missing? The likely one is d3dx9_43.dll - if this is the case, reinstall DirectX 9.

Shane
Hi Shane, T:ANE is missing ''MSVCR120.dll'' and TS2012 is missing ''d3dx9_43.dll'' ...so I will reinstall DirectX 9 and see if TS 2012 is starting up.
Thanks !
Pierre

TS2012 now works. I tried another link to reinstall Direct X and now that works.

T:ANE: A search on Google brought me to reinstalled Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013
BUT I got to figure out why it is asking me to redownload the dependencies packages.....

Pierre

TS2012 now works. I tried another link to reinstall Direct X and now that works.

T:ANE: A search on Google brought me to reinstalled Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013
BUT I got to figure out why it is asking me to redownload the dependencies packages.....

Pierre

T:ANE asking? It will do that if you have the Deluxe version because the base program is the same for all versions. It's the payware routes and sessions that make the difference and because your database references were broken during the reinstall, you are going to have to re download these again. It's no big deal.

Good news on the progress anyway. One thing at a time they say.

John

Back