What is missing from the trainz north american loco and rolling stock library?

john2002

heres my list
Older Pre 2000 Autoracks
P30CH
Flexi Flow Hopper
B39-8
U Boats
Dash 7's
SD60E
Lots of 1970s Locos, Mainly EMD Locos
More Wellcars

Why are so many people so vicious around here???
Personally I'd like to see this one...
539946d664ffe7a3dfee67b5319b4ea2.jpg

I may have a go at it sometime in the future.

Why are so many people so vicious around here???.
Vicious? I've certainly seen worse on the internet.
But no, this is merely impatience. The author has made numerous threads like this, "asking" for content. And it's usually the same request; centered around 1970s North American freight stuff. And each time after the first, he's reminded that he can go make them himself if he wants them so badly.

A wish list thread isn't too bad of an idea, if its purpose was for others to post their desired content. Like JR's wish list thread. It would allow creators to see what people would like to see created. But using it to mask a repeated "request" isn't the way to go.

And I'll throw my vote in for the Black Diamond. One of my favorite examples of streamlined American steam. What I'd really like to see is a bit further north of the border, CN's U-1-F with its nose cone.
cnr6076_dvl.jpg

To add to this....

Lots of his stuff is available as payware on USLW and even Jointed Rail so again this is a YARFS (Yet Another Request For Stuff) thread.

I agree a nice wish list thread would be nice, but the problem is not the people asking for stuff nicely, there will be those who have a bone to pick with N3V and start taking the thread down hill like many of the good threads around here lately, then the full blown gimme pigs will get in there with is it ready yet and they want it now posts, which will cause the thread to get locked because people will get nasty.

Sadly, the forums here are not as nice as they used to be.

Being on both sides of this issue as an asset maker and a interested in NA content user, I can understand your interest. I can also understand some of the posts some from some of the most respected and excellent asset makers that I greatly admire. It is hard to have made huge contributions to the content and then feel that it is not appreciated by asking for more. The one item that stands out for me is updated passenger heavyweights that may have some added details like more complex interiors and that work on all versions of Trainz up to TANE. There are superb ones made a while ago, and as i work on a route for 2004 Trainz i dont know what works and what dosent. In the end, we all do our best and I really appreciate the amazing work that has been already done. What might be even more fun is a thread celebrating what we DO have already. Sometimes that leads to a light going on in the Engine House or Car Shop of the creators..i know it helps me get back to the modelling shop..speaking of which i have some mines to get to .... :) and i find these forums VERY kind and generously friendly myself, having come within the last year. Each and every details request for help has met with almost immediate and wonderful help. That is my 2 cents on this and not worth that. but i do like it here and thank all from the bottom of my heart for all they have done.

Back