Legacy of the BN (PART I)

jointedrail

Official N3V DLC Partners
With the release of the first part of the new Legacy of the BN series we wanted to create a thread that will handle all questions, release info, etc. This will just help us to keep it all in one place.

RELEASE INFORMATION:

8/11/15: Locomotive and rolling stock packs have been uploaded and are now available for download.

8/11/15: Release of the route and it's custom content has been slightly delayed, we expect to release the route and custom industries over this coming weekend. We added more content than we originally anticipated and we will need a couple extra days to get it properly tested and placed on the route. We're pretty sure you'll appreciate the short delay, after all the more content the better!

Thanks!

Missing this for the BNSF GP9 1629:

Unknown Location: <kuid:506034:234167>

Once installed locomotives and rolling stock, asset <kuid2:506034:234167:2> is present.

However I have this issue: all three locomotives BNSF SW1500, BNSF GP9 #1629 and BN SD9 #6121 are listed as Faulty with status "Modified, Missing dependencies"; when I right-click them and select "List dependencies", no missing or unknown dependencies show! But all three locos are unusable as they appear in red in Surveyor.

Last edited:
Ok, that asset somehow installed by itself. Now these are missing:

Unknown Location: <kuid:37581:1087>
Unknown Location: <kuid:37581:1184>

I had the same problem. The hornsounds showed as payware(not active) for me. Changed to Leslie S3L #2 and submitted. Works fine then.

Glenn

same problem, same solution; just wondering why therock's payware doesn't activate??

Last edited:
Could you tell us what version you are using? (Trainz)

Thanks

Looks like all of therock's assets are flagged as payware, not activated. This flag causes the missing dependencies error. Just a FYI, I'm installing in T:ANE.

Last edited:
Well, I can confirm that the "Legacy of the BN" locomotives and rolling stock work in TS12 SP1 HF4, for anyone who wants to know.

same problem, same solution; just wondering why therock's payware doesn't activate??
I noticed this when I first installed TANE. Kind of irked me that I was being locked out of my own assets, but I just duplicated them and revved them to the next kuid2 number and nuked the 'payware' tag that somehow got added on without my permission. Thanks N3V!

PHP:
So, how do I fix the horn sound on the GP9 and SW? is it a re-download or?

EDIT: I've also come across this error popping up continually when I'm driving SD9 #6121. as a person with 0 experience in this, no idea what it means.

JRLoco : File fx_loco.gse, Line 1987, ER_NullArrayReference
<kuid:506034:516121> "BN SD9 #6121"
Stack dump:
function $void@FX_Loco::SetSmoke(string,float), line -1

Last edited:
Hang tight! I am talking to N3V to see what they can do as far as the payware tag, if we can't resolve that today we will put out a patch for those that are having issues.

EDIT/UPDATE: We are working with N3V now to resolve the issue. Stay tuned for an update here.

Thanks

Last edited:
I seem to be a magnet for bugs. The two SD units I can use (without having error messages spamming me) have engine sounds that cut out all the time. it seems to be completely random when they do it. even when the same units are next to each other they cut out at different times.

I seem to be a magnet for bugs. The two SD units I can use (without having error messages spamming me) have engine sounds that cut out all the time. it seems to be completely random when they do it. even when the same units are next to each other they cut out at different times.

TANE issues that should be fixed when they provide a patch.

you can try to get the train effects library from JR if you don't already have it. I made it to attempt to counter the TANE problem with the smoke exception but I think it was found to not function for everyone. It may or may not work, but far as I can tell now there is just something wrong with how TANE handles script arrays.

The popping in and out with the sound is a well known TANE 'feature' that should be taken care of by next update.

Nice....glad I found this forum thread! I have the same problems mentioned above. <kuid:506034:141629> BNSF GP9 #1629
<kuid:506034:13604> BNSF SW1500 Missing dependencies because of <kuid2:37581:1184:2> Leslie S3L #5 sound listed as Modified, Payware (not active). Also, the sound problem mentioned for TANE, that sure answered my question, I have been wondering about that cause I have it too and it bugged the heck out of me. TANE build 76401. Jointed Rail....thanks for the great stuff you guys put out.....

Back