T:ANE - not buying it

I'm wondering why my post was removed. It was constructive and responded to Tony's point. Are opinions (widely held ones at that) not allowed here anymore?

I'm wondering why my post was removed. It was constructive and responded to Tony's point. Are opinions (widely held ones at that) not allowed here anymore?
Nope, not even honest ones it seems, you could find yourself with a 50 point infraction not to mention an abusive PM as a result. Have a great day.

We should all be respectful towards all employees at N3V, as they are continuing to fix T:ANE for us ... without them ... Trainz would die, and and all versions would stop working, the DLS would cease to exist, all your DLC would evaporate into cyberspace, and the Forums would go offline, forever.

Keep on insulting N3V, and they will get sick and tired of Trainz, and N3V will cease operations, and close down ... and nobody wants that !

Show some respect ... "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" !

Didn't fix 2004 No AI turntable (The code was there but not activated), 2006 CM is garbage, 2010 Didn't play it that much got it on sale and 2012 (I don't like the lockout switches and stop playing soon after.)

Last edited:
I don't post here much anymore, but here goes.

I invested in kickstarter to help get this project going and when TANE arrived, I bought a new tower to run the game on. Never been so disappointed with this game as I was with this installment of Trainz.
N3V has lost its way. I became enthralled with this game because of the ease of developing content that I could get in the game. Since I first started with TRS2004 nine years ago, it has become increasingly difficult to keep up with all of the changes and requirements for content creation. It's to the point now that the average gamer can no longer create content for the game without some extensive study and training. TANE runs terribly on my NEW computer and I believe that I'm going back to an earlier version, probably TS2009, supported or not, where I can easily create content and get it in the game for my use. I'd like to share some of it like I used to do, but that seems not to be an option these days. I'm just not looking for another job and that's what content creation has turned into in this game.

Just out of curiosity, what are the specifications for the NEW computer you now use? I'd like to compare.

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't back the project on Kickstarter simply because i didn't want to invest in what could've been the worst Trainz in years, or the best thing since sliced bread. I just didn't want to take that chance. But here i am, 80 bucks poorer and still using TS12.

I want to like T:ANE, but i just can't play it. It's about the equivalent of molasses in a January snowstorm: slow, slow, slow.

Maybe someday T:ANE will run well on my PC, but until then, I'll be here playing TS12 and TS2015.

Regards from an another unhappy camper,

leeferr - what's your PC's specifications? It may be worth turning down the detail and post-processing settings (especially shadows which causes the biggest hit on performance).

Shane

I appreciate it Shane, but if I've given up on trainz. I play WoT now and have been for awhile. If I ever return to Trainz, I'll run a version that I know works and that I can easily create content for without having to have a degree in graphics design. I only check in here occasionally to see what's going on. I've left Trainz behind until they return to what made this game great to start with, which I doubt will happen.

Did you expect T:ANE to run right away ? If you did, you were seriously mistaken ...?
You just don't get it, do you?
You can't comprehend the fact that a product is supposed to be instantly usable across the board without requiring "service packs" or "fixes" to try and correct that which should never have been released in the first place in the state in which it was so issued.

Updates and enhancements are in a totally different category, by-the-way.

Did you expect T:ANE to run right away?

Yes. Most of us did. Was that question neccessary? I think not.

TS2015 ran as soon as i loaded it up. So did TS12. And Minecraft. And my music editing software. Need i go on?

I hear that 04 and 06 were similar in poor shape when they first came out ... but when the SP's came out they ran great !

I played TS2006 for about 5 years without ever downloading a Service Pack. The game ran fine without them for me.

BTW what are your PC specs, make & model ?

I've been told that my GPU is crap, but it can still run TS12 and TS2015 fine. Figured it'd run T:ANE, but i was wrong.

Last edited:
Back