Trainz Content Creator Program, now online!

I'd love to support a football team in the premiership, but all I can find are businesses.

Ah, Groucho. The acceptable face of Marxism ;)

Hi everybody.
I'm not even going to talk about Arsenal!
Well, maybe after tomorrow's game (or maybe not. We'll see how it goes!

Who is this team Arsenal? :)

Well, before we were so rudely interrupted, we did get to the MAN U match on Friday night despite all attempts to stop us by Aston Villa supporters deliberately crashing a 40 ton truck on the M6 motorway to stop all Man U supporters getting to the match.

We then had a most glorious win. Well, let’s just say we had a win.

I was then surprised by the lengths that Tony Hilliam went to (being a Chelsea supporter I believe) of closing down the forum to stop me crowing about it. :D

Bill

Last edited:
you know the guy who hates this ccp update and wants it gone for the dls to be saved from death, hes a VICIOUS COLD BLOODED PREDATOR!
thats me guys

I know this is technically a double post, but anyhow...
I recieved an email from N3V this morning which started "We've had a great response to our new Trainz Content Creator Program...". Don't make me laugh. A quick look at this thread proves otherwise. Why won't N3V accept that being relentlessly positive in the face of customer outcry is not always a good idea. Anyway, more worryingly, apparently some creators have approached N3V with the intention of distribution their content via TCCP! So to any of those content creators, here's a word of warning:
- You'll only get 50% of the profit, perhaps even less. You're basically paying N3V to host your content.
- If someone demands a refund, you're liable to repay ALL of it.
- You could get in to legal trouble, if you are in the EU under WTD or elsewhere under equivalent laws.
So, be warned.

Is there any reason why those who have signed up for this program would chose to post on this thread given the chance of a potentially hostile response?

... A quick look at this thread proves otherwise. ...
So, be warned.
All this thread proves is that some people don't like the new program. Since you have made your calculation and don't think it is worth it, why not allow that others have made their calculations too and have decided it is worth it?

At least you got a chuckle out of it.

I can't login into TCCP website: it gives Internal error 500 (website under maintenance / programmer error) this happens in IE, and firefox, everytime i try to, since the "live" of the TCCP online...
anyone have the same trouble?

Just to add my 2 pence worth, i really hope that N3v do not become a mirror image of another well known train simulator manufacturer (cough... DOVE TAIL GAMES..... COUGH COUGH), as it is the content on steam for T:ANE is already at something like £360?? (GBP) the reason i stay a loyal trainzer is for the sheer fact that community created content is to be shared with the community by everyone in the community, i may not be claude monet when it comes to making stuff, but i certainly try to give things a go. I know N3V is a company that needs to generate income, but IMO don't become DTG... Please.....

Cool, I just joined the forums and purchased Trainz A New Era :D

Well done and welcome to the Forums tni. Although I must admit to some puzzlement over why you chose to post your initial message in this particular forum. I initially thought that this whole sorry argument over payware had raised its ugly head again.

But, nevertheless, welcome.

To all of the third party content creators out there making freeware content for trainz, DON'T STOP MAKING FREEWARE!!! Please don't let trainz become what railworks is. Also, why doesn't N3V games make all of there new payware compatible with trainz 12? Are they trying to force people to buy TANE?

To all of the third party content creators out there making freeware content for trainz, DON'T STOP MAKING FREEWARE!!! Please don't let trainz become what railworks is. Also, why doesn't N3V games make all of there new payware compatible with trainz 12? Are they trying to force people to buy TANE?

It's often the fact that the people building the content are working in T:ANE and subsequently submit for that version. Routes and sessions particularly are not designed for backdating to earlier versions and quite often will not without issues.

Shane

yes I agree what happened to the good old 2010 style now its some one builds a track lay out or some stoock and then sells it to the NV games it is then resold to the stupid public and there is no longer any real building for peasure any more its now just a drive session game.
I tried to use the download station and I got the content search ok then it cold not download mssage when like check you my trainz login details. there of caourse are all good.

yes please reply to this we want to build for our selves for entertaing ourselves and then shw other what we have done FOR FREE and what happened to N3V3 games they use to have plenty of stuff no longer let some one else build it pay them and then resell a DRIVE ONLY system yuk!!

yes please reply to this we want to build for our selves for entertaing ourselves and then shw other what we have done FOR FREE and what happened to N3V3 games they use to have plenty of stuff no longer let some one else build it pay them and then resell a DRIVE ONLY system yuk!!

Once I had deciphered your post, I decided that you must have a different game to the N3v T:ane that I have, the dls for my version has thousands of free assets for me to use.

Like Blackwatch, I am also puzzled by your post. I just checked in CM and it reported that there were 433,504 assets available for use and 402,585 of those are FREE on the DLS for anyone to download.

Back