active and available mp sessions and/or groups

Amtrak20

Are there any active and available mp sessions and/or groups? I've recently came back to TS12 after a long 3 years. My favorite route was UMR but the most recent version was back in 2014. I'm curious if there are still active sessions being ran in TS12, doesnt have to be on a 24/7 server.

Last edited:
Are there any active and available mp sessions and/or groups? I've recently came back to TS12 after a long 3 years. My favorite route was UMR but the most recent version was back in 2014. I'm curious if there are still active sessions being ran in TS12, doesnt have to be on a 24/7 server.

I've thought about making some sort of return to Trainz MP. But then I remember how bad it works, how hard it is to organize even a small meet, and a long list of other things that turned me off to MP.

I'm not looking to host sessions and the MP sessions I have joined back then really didnt present hardly any problems for me, except for the stuttering and lag spikes but thats normal on any mp server on any game or sim.

I've been seeing more mp sessions pop up for T:ANE which I've been hesitant on buying until more stable builds are released.

MP, in TANE. Best joke of the day. It doesn't work at all.

I was thinking the other day of doing a way scalled back Mp session for like 4-6 people. But last time I looked there weren't that many people interested. I MIGHT give it a little more thought.

So basically TANE has become a watered down version of Dovetail's TS with popularity in single player and route creation...? The only reason I like MP is for the different player interactions. Playing by myself, IMO, gets to be boring and dull.

Meh, its nothing worth while yet.

If you really want a sound MP experience, look into Run8.

Thats the thing I've been with Run8 for 3 years now lol but even then the content is out of date, and they have a few rude staff members that is what is killing the community.

A few rude staff? All there staff are rude. But at least things work WAY better then Trainz MP.

Granted, I think for smaller groups smaller routes are better. Hence why I was/am kicking around an idea for a fairly small Trainz route for about 4-6 people.

I wouldnt say all of their staff...John & Nigel and Jason are pretty cool....Brad on the other hand is the reason why people are leaving, aside from some internal drama from some of the communities.

That's why I started avoiding most other servers and for a while ran my own. Until outside drama shut it down. Long story, but basically I lost access to the server computer, as well as a lot of other things.

Today after work I might start poking this little route I have with a stick and see what I can come up with. Any ideas on what you'd want out of a session?

Because the route I have is a Trainz version of my N scale layout I was building. And it is meant for 2-4 people, though up to 6 could run trains on it. I could make a Trainz Op-session for it and have 2-6 people join in. Granted, the route is 13'x7' and takes 5 minuets to get from end to end. But there are industries to be worked and yards. Task's include:
-Plymouth Yard Crew
-Flint Yard Crew
-Holly Local Crew
-Wixom Turn Crew

Extra crews:
-Second Plymouth Yard Crew/Ford Heater Job
-AC Delco Crew (Takes over half of Flint Yards job.)

Session would run like a model railroad op-session and last between 1-2 hours but could be extended beyond that. I would use CMTMS to manage car cards, waybills, and switch lists. And I would be more than willing to host. We could do weekly sessions. (Do I hear Trainz Operations Special Interest Group, TOPSIG, doing weekly sessions again?!)

The other hand I could work on and update the FMR/LRR route I built last year and we could try that. The problem with that is it requires more people, about 6. And it has a list of other issues.

But I'm open to ideas. The main reason I haven't done any thing like this in a while is because most people seamed to lose interest in MP after a while.

Hello again, I have a few suggestions myself.
-We could have sessions twice a month, and every two months change the route. This way you can keep people from getting burned out on the same thing.
-I have also found that most people enjoy smaller routes with more switching or interaction with other players.
-Single track main with siding is a good way to have interesting operations, and to add to this madness place a work crew on a siding to create some grid lock.

I'm just starting work on a Midwest route that is single track with passing siding of different sizes. Along with 3 Branch Lines and one medium sized yard serving as the hub. Train will range from 10 cars (Switching crew) to 25 cars (Road Crew). Road crews will make drops and pickups at each town. Switching crews will work the busy areas ( Ports, Mines, Industrial Parks).

Ive started to poke my route with a stick. It should be easy to make the CMTMS records, seeing as I have all the routing information for the model railroad. The hard part is making it work in Trainz. And finding good DLS only CSX/Chessie locomotives

Ok, so I have most of the records and what not in place and I am testing my N Scale CMTMS route. If things work out well I might switch it over to CMTMS3 and make an MP op-session out of it. If there is interest that is.

Also, would any one like to test out the single player version?

I have one question: Does CMTM now work properly in MP? Last time I checked CMTM on the FMR/LRR it seemed to be broken. Would love to use that feature in future mp-sessions as well as I would like to take part in op-sessions.

Greetings

It does. You just have to set you time of the week, and day to the host. The problem with FMR/LRR was it got way to big way to fast. And got really out of hand. This session has 37 records, unlike FMR/LRR that had over 200 at one point.

Can't wait to start playing multiplayer again... I have one branch line built and it's about 25 miles long. Still working out a lot of problems with the sidings and industrial placement. Hope to see you all in trainz soon.

Ok, so here is my WIP MP model railroad for early single player testing. Once its been tested a bit, Ill make my own forum posting about it.

Jib228_20141025_0001_zps91717027.jpg
Jib228_20150718_0000_zpscynzktug.jpg

I've built the route, and a CMTMS4 operation session for it. For those unfamiliar with CMTMS take a look at these links:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUgu3-2R1aeOFJY9mb0RaJIYmOfP2nSOY
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?87091-CMTMSystem3-Released-at-last-!-!-!&highlight=CMTMS

There are 8 jobs that need worked on this route:
Staging switcher - This train sorts cars in the staging yard and makes up 2 trains, trains Q322 and Z299.
Plymouth Yard Crew - This train sorts cars from Q322 into the Wixom Turn known as D739.
Flint Yard Crew - This train sorts cars form Q322 into the Holly local known as D737.
Holly Local D737 - This train works industries as far as Plymouth with the exception of the auto Plant.
Wixom Turn D739 - This train leaves Plymouth and works one of the two tracks at Korex and the auto Plant.
Q321 - This train leaves Flint with cars for Toledo OH and ECSSTG. It picks up any south bound cars from Plymouth.
Q322 - This train leaves Toledo OH, drooping cars at Plymouth and ending in Flint.
Z299 - This train leaves Flint for Saginaw MI. It is also the south bound train from Saginaw into Flint yard.

To start out I suggest working the staging yard and building train Q322. From there any job can be ran in any order so long as there are cars ready to go.

To download the route and session follow this link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzViFmroBUm-a0U5d1lBLW50WUU/view

The feedback I would like:
What if any dependencies can you not find on the DLS, they should all be there?
What improvements to operations can be made? I know I left out the Detroit Sub industries, I am working on adding those.

Back