Trainz dem route showing all blue?

crazypoo

I have tried to create routes with elevation and tiger data in TANE. (I don't feel like spending 30$ on transdem) All of the routes I have made seem to show up in just plain blue, going beyond the baseboard, even without the tiger data. Has anyone else had this issue?
Screenshot%209_zpsimtt206y.png

Just import it first in Trainz 2009, open it in surveyor, modify it a little, save it, then save the cdp file and import it in TANE. I usually do this, but using Trainz 2012, but I think 2009 is also good at this kind of thing.

In T:ANE Surveyor:
Ensure you installed all the textures into T:ANE otherwise you will have missing dependencies.

In T:ANE you need to reset the environment.

Click on the Menu
Click on Environment
Click on the item to change to time of day.
Click on default to reset the environment.

You should then have your imported landscape.

John

I've got it imported with what you have, but it seems that I cannot download the hog textures through content manager. Plus I've imported all of the textures from 2009 onto T:ANE because of this. They do not show because they don't have a texture config on them.

You need the latest version of TransDEM, version 2.5.1, which has all the textures.

First you import the old ones and then install the new ones that come with 2.5.1 into T:ANE. These will obsolete the old ones, and your route will show up properly.

The HOG textures are a different thing, though similar.

John

I'm going to see if I can dig out my Transdem forum login and see whether Roland has any plans to update the programme to try and overcome the issues. Surprised he hasn't been responding to the various threads which mention Transdem (I/c/w TANE) as his support is normally spot on.

Possibly, there are indications on the Transdem forum to that effect but normally his comms with the user base are very good and pretty much immediate.

This is what I get when I import a HOG based route into TANE. It was error free in TS12 3.6, and installed in TANE as error free.

HOG01.jpg

If I import a Transdem based route I get a blue screen.

George,

If you imported the Hog textures from TS12, then there's a possibility you need to run PM2IM on the .texture files. This seems to clean up this issue. Another problem I found though is the texture is there, but is corrupted somehow in the route and causes these shiny spots as if the texture lost its normal mapping.

John

Well as noted the blue screen with Transdem can be relatively easily fixed. I'm sure the root cause is just something in the settings the program puts by default in the config file on setting up the bare route for import. Hopefully Roland/Geophil can sort that fairly easily, though it would be more reassuring to hear that from his good self. Hey, crazy thought, maybe Zusi 3 is getting near release and he's revamping Transdem for that!! (I wish...). Transdem was, after all, initially conceived as a means of getting terrain into Zusi before the application also supported Trainz.

Can't really comment on HOG, only used it in the very early days when it was primarily a contour tracing app.

Is there a source of updated/corrected HOG files anywhere? I mean, if I have to sit and correct 77 files just to get a terrain file, and everyone else as well, then TANE seems kind of useless.

I don't think these things have been touched in a decade, which might explain the problems with them. I updated a bunch of textures simply by processing them through PM2IM. Asset-X might be of assistance here as well.

John

The blue effect is caused by DEM data - currently not supported in TANE.

Quote from Tony. I think I will just put TANE in the circular file until a proper patch comes out. Maybe the boys from Tennesee will have their game ready by then.

G'day All,

...until a suitable update is available, to get a "new" TransDEM created route into T:ANE, geophil recommends that it first be exported into TS 2012 and then "saved" from CMP there, into *.cdp format and finally "imported" into T:ANE in the usual manner. Similarly, existing routes can dealt with this same way. As long as all the proper texture sets are installed, there should be no problems...

Jerker {:)}

Back