Thought i'd Just Check In For a Bit

enginewhistle

On Hiatus
Just like the title says, I thought i'd check back into the community for a bit after a 2 year "absence". Yes, it's been 2 years since I have last played Trainz (TS12), and now I see T:ANE has recently come out with new features like the animated junctions, swaying consists, water effects that look better (to me) and also better lighting (not sure what other features come after those). To me, that's quite an improvement over the previous versions since a lot of those features aren't recycled like they were for many years (even though I remember some new features coming out in each new version, such as the 5mm grid and improved built-in content).

My website, Northwest Trainz Shops, will still be online even though I haven't done anything to it in a long time. I can't guarantee any updates anytime soon to my content since I'm not sure if I will be returning to Trainz at the moment, but if anybody wants western steam locomotives, the site will be here to stay:D

I didn't decide to sit around stale after I quit playing 2 years ago, I got back into model railroading and have been going into full swing with it now that I finally have a layout and more pieces of rollingstock than I have ever imagined (last time I counted my locomotives and cars, I had 11 locomotives and 66 cars. I guess it's ok for a 4 x 8 size layout:hehe:). On top of building a layout and collecting all of those locos and cars, the one thing I've really gotten into is the painting aspect of the hobby. I'll go ahead and weather my cars if I feel like it, or i'll paint one using my airbrush. I started a website 5 months ago to share my work with others.

You can check it out here: http://rmd-painting.weebly.com/

Anyways, I just thought i'd drop back in so people know i'm still alive. Hope all of you are doing well, too:wave:

Last edited:
Nice stuff man. That BN F7A looks epic as well as those two GP9s. And hell I can't help but notice that shot of the BN GP9 on the Train club layout down here in Livingston. Could swear I saw that a while back.

Back