BR Class 35 in TANE

DickTurpin

GWR Man
Can anybody help me to get a BR Class 35(Hymek) by Mike 10 into TANE (Build 76401) ?
I am getting this error report:! This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported.
! Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
! Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
! Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.

Is there one I can purchase commercially ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the replies.
In answer to Shane's query, it is showing up as 'Faulty Dependencies', but when you view it,
it shows '0 errors and 4 warnings.

There is a missing texture in the class 35 interior asset I think I remember, I had a look at it several months ago but put it to one side and haven't looked at it since.

Thanks for the replies. In answer to Shane's query, it is showing up as 'Faulty Dependencies', but when you view it, it shows '0 errors and 4 warnings.

You need to list the dependencies for the asset and check which ones have faults. Then fix the faults in the dependencies. You can ignore the warnings.

Having looked at this, the interior can be fixed by creating a file called "dd40_int1.texture.txt" in the folder and adding the following lines into it.

Primary=plain_grey.bmp
Tile=st

or you could copy the "plain_grey.texture.txt" file and rename the copy as "dd40_int1.texture.txt", the result will be the same.

It is a 'quick and dirty' fix, but it will allow it to be used.
The missing texture doesn't appear to actually be used in the asset, but it seems it is still referenced.
This asset is 12 years old now, we've all learned a lot about content creating since then ;)

Mike.

Last edited:
Fault is with the interior not the loco and is a missing texture. pm2im doesn't work on the interior mesh either unless you rename the extension to im which will enable you to view the mesh however it won't work in Trainz, however by doing that you can see that the missing texture is for the handrails.

Create dd40_int1.texture.txt and reference bluey_grey.bmp
Handrails are outside so not going to be seen anyway!

dd40_int1.texture.txt
Code:
Primary=bluey_grey.bmp
Tile=st

That just leaves warnings and as you need an old version of pm2im to convert a mesh that ancient I would just leave the warnings alone.

edit: Mike beat me to it

It is for the handrails Mike but as you can't see them from inside it doesn't really matter

Last edited:
Having looked at this, the interior can be fixed by creating a file called "dd40_int1.texture.txt" in the folder and adding the following lines into it.

Primary=plain_grey.bmp
Tile=st

or you could copy the "plain_grey.texture.txt" file and rename the copy as "dd40_int1.texture.txt", the result will be the same.

It is a 'quick and dirty' fix, but it will allow it to be used.
The missing texture doesn't appear to actually be used in the asset, but it seems it is still referenced.
This asset is 12 years old now, we've all learned a lot about content creating since then ;)

Mike.

Not tempted to update and upgrade the Hymek then Mike? ;)

Paul

Not tempted to update and upgrade the Hymek then Mike? ;)

Paul

I'm always tempted to update things like this, but then I have a thousand other things I need/want to do as well. There are better loco builders than me who may make a new one before I get around to it.

Back