Fenfe4 - He's Back

butler57

I see Drakon4ikus.... (new name change) is back with 200 plus 'Fenfe4' items.
Mate you've got to get a RED CARD for this!

Already reported this to the helpdesk.
Ticket: GTW-174-74612
Ticket title: "DLS spammer: drakon4ikus212"
Drakon4ikus212 just uploaded 284 items called "fenfe4", all with the same thumbnail, all the same size (14.00kb), all the same description.
Zec already replied to me that he has forwarded this to the team.

Let's not give this more attention that needed as that might just be their goal.

Last edited:
I have already reported this to the helpdesk. I got a response quite promptly from Zec saying a teammate is looking into this.

John

I see Drakon4ikus.... (new name change) is back with 200 plus 'Fenfe4' items.
Mate you've got to get a RED CARD for this!

Thanks Butler, sir --

I feel that when trash like this shows up is good for the community to be aware of it --
Now we know about it, and we can look out for such waste in the future!!!

Take care, sir!!!
Ishie

Thanks Butler, sir --

I feel that when trash like this shows up is good for the community to be aware of it --
Now we know about it, and we can look out for such waste in the future!!!

Take care, sir!!!
Ishie
I am a member of another forum where the owner one time created a Wall of Shame (WOS) section of the forums for idiots that would try to hijack the forums for commercial purposes or exploit the members in one way or another.

I thought it was a good idea while it lasted!

But Paul soon took the WOS down, probably because it is one thing for members to say what they will, but not so much for owners and moderators. It was a shame in itself to see the WOS go, but I suppose that forum owners could get sued for libel and so forth...

IMHO this is clearly a malicious act and needs to be dealt with as such. I doubt very much this person uses Trainz, but maybe an angry ex... (sadly there are a lot of frustrating bits in all Trainz products BUT no EXCUSE for this!)

Maybe we need to be more strict in granting the ability/permission to upload? perhaps a very easy, simple (or even automatic?) qualification for a revoke-able "Lisence to Upload"
I don't upload (anything yet) so I don't fully know if what I'm suggesting is a good idea at all.

Isn't this in some way already covered in the COC? If not it should be.

I like the idea of a license to upload. Initially every Trainzer is granted one. Offenses generate upload bans in a manner similar to Forum bans for other violations of the COC. Exactly how that would be done might be a bit different since (I think) moderators control Forum access but perhaps not DLS access. That might have to be done at N3V's end.

Questions:
1. What if they buy another version of Trainz, register it under a new name, and do the same thing again. Is there a way to track this?
2. Are there any other uploading offenses that might fall under this category (besides offensive items as listed in the COC)?

Just ruminating about this,

Ben

Isn't this in some way already covered in the COC? If not it should be.

I like the idea of a license to upload. Initially every Trainzer is granted one. Offenses generate upload bans in a manner similar to Forum bans for other violations of the COC. Exactly how that would be done might be a bit different since (I think) moderators control Forum access but perhaps not DLS access. That might have to be done at N3V's end.

Questions:
1. What if they buy another version of Trainz, register it under a new name, and do the same thing again. Is there a way to track this?
2. Are there any other uploading offenses that might fall under this category (besides offensive items as listed in the COC)?

Just ruminating about this,

Ben

Good Evening Ben --

A long time ago Zec banned this person (I forgot the name), but there was a discussion about it, and it seems that when someone gets banned their username, ID, account everything is banned for such offend -- Obviously you can't upload since each item needs one's username and prefix # number ... The only was is too buy, and register under a different name, but that would be foolish, because attempting the same thing will get you banned over that name, so it becomes the offender putting money in N3V pockets, if he/she continues buying and registering ...

I am not that quite certain, since the thread is years old, and I can't located it, so hopefully Zec reads this and post how it all work again!

Ishie

I've shown before how to counter this. All you need do is add the following custom filter or a variant to your Content Manager (CM) download filter. Probably could do same on DLS Upload validation. Doesn't matter how many they try to upload or already have on DLS. They never get downloaded to your TAD. The more people do this the smaller the offender's audience, as you will not see them in your CM download filter. Rather defeats the purpose of the offender if malicious, or re-educates him if he is ignorant of the impact of his actions. Either way he has no audience and his efforts are nugatory. As long as the community is vigilant then any attempt to use another ID is quickly foiled. Just takes seconds to protect yourself against a new attack:

Two ways:

direct against previously banned offenders:

AND NOT
Author Drakon4ikus212

or

AND NOT
Author #123456

via the name of the asset that is offending:

AND NOT
name
fenfe

name uses partial string sorting so will exclude fenfe, fenfe4 or any other lookalike.

You can add multiple filters.

I have ten exclusions in my download filter:

Some against a kuid that crashes Trainz and I don't want a repeat hassle.

Some where author has used accented characters in mesh or texture filename resulting in useless kuids.

Others that filter out assets that cannot be repaired due to corruptions etc.

N3V can deal with culprit in accordance with COC where it is reported. The beauty of this method is that it is instantaneous. If you were unfortunate enough to unwittingly download prior to applying the exclusion filter you can do it retrospectively. Just delete offending kuids and then apply the filter. CM throws them back on DLS as far as you are concerned and thus preserves your storage capacity.

Last edited:
I am a member of another forum where the owner one time created a Wall of Shame (WOS) section of the forums for idiots that would try to hijack the forums for commercial purposes or exploit the members in one way or another.

I thought it was a good idea while it lasted

For some people, a listing on the WOS is a badge of honour.

Back