The Norfolk & Western Project

AMTRAKwannabe

Norfolk & Western Lives
I have been doing a few N&W SD60's in various schemes recently and decided to start a thread for them here instead of hogging the reskin thread.

KFPi7up.jpg
WBGUjRt.jpg
VIqkk4r.jpg
4Y04Lj3.jpg
64bJ01L.jpg

They look very nice! I'm on board with this movement.

One thing, though, (if you're willing to give it a try), they would look VERY good if they had some mild and/or heavy road weathering.

Thanks! I plan to weather them once I get all the little details on all the variations worked out.

Three new comers to the family and the last of the SD60's:
TG7Yakv.jpg

This makes a total of seven units wearing seven schemes:
Hjyidgd.jpg

Cool hert! Colors are a little off, but still nice to see more people with a liking for the N&W. I will add now, while I created this thread mainly for my own purposes, I don't mind others showing off their N&W work here as long as you aren't trying to steal the show. I'd love to see the things that others are doing related to the N&W!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did some moderate weathering on the Pevler Blue SD60, I like the look but I am going to add a grunge wash to it.
k9tOKZh.jpg
wUrq3xP.jpg
NUbhwkL.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Added the grunge wash.
8gxfZKH.jpg

Last edited:
I did a little bit, as the N&W didn't have much to worry about along the lines of fading. It seems like there was more dirt and coal dust than paint on some of their units...

EqrkSvj.jpg
NWytHfp.jpg
gNLjoPO.jpg

----------------

I'll probably redo the cab on 3310's skin as there is way​ too much dirt on it...

Nice work Justin, but just incase you didn't know it the skunk scheme was experimental paint, and only done on GP38acs. Only three were done with #s of 4104,4107 and 4129. If you want to check #s on the SD60s I would be more than glad to check for you. I have the first and second N&W generation diesels books.

Nice work Justin, but just incase you didn't know it the skunk scheme was experimental paint, and only done on GP38acs. Only three were done with #s of 4104,4107 and 4129. If you want to check #s on the SD60s I would be more than glad to check for you. I have the first and second N&W generation diesels books.

Yep, N&W also had nothing newer than SD50S'(N&W 6500-6505). I'm am only doing these on SD60's to see how the look (Plus the SD60 is my favorite locomotive). I will start doing locomotives that they actually had after I get these touched up and then I'll get back into fictional stuff including a modern day route.

Back