Will this dude JUST give up!?!?!?!?

Sounds like the Chad Valley Girder and Panel Bridge and Roadways set? There was a buildings set and a motorising kit and a few other things.

That might have been it! :)

There were some buildings too now that I think of it. You could stack the girders up and clip the building fronts on them to make skyscrapers. These too were that thin extruded plastic, except some were clear with printed windows while others had door images, and others had different colored panels.

I remember thumbing through the included instruction booklet and catalog looking at all the neat stuff that could be done. The stuff is long gone, left behind or sold off when I moved so many years ago.

John

Yep that sounds like it John, also had Meccano, actually made crude gramophone with it! My sister got the lego though, never could work that out?

Get back on topic.

Guys... we're getting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy off topic.
We got more important issues (like the OP stated) than Lego, wood, and trains with faces on it.
Isn't that what this thread about? While you guys were debating, the site hasn't been touched and is still up.

We got more important issues (like the OP stated) than Lego, wood, and trains with faces on it.
Isn't that what this thread about? While you guys were debating, the site hasn't been touched and is still up,
Correct, we've got people illegally copying UKBL's and MSTNoodle's models, and nobody is doing a dang thing about it!

Correct, we've got people illegally copying UKBL's and MSTNoodle's models, and nobody is doing a dang thing about it!

There's not much that can be done about it here either. Report the offender to his ISP and host and hopefully he'll give up. Probably not, as has been stated, and he'll move on to another host. People like this are like ticks. They move from one host to another as they carry their disease with them....

Excuse me, gentlemen, I hate to interrupt the hijacking of this thread, but could we please get back to the important issue of this illegal and disrespectful activity?

Who cares that these models have faces; they're still somebody's intellectual property.

I have sent an e-mail to the link provided by the ever-helpful n8phu. We shall see what Jimdo can/will do about the situation.

Kieran.

Excuse me, gentlemen, I hate to interrupt the hijacking of this thread, but could we please get back to the important issue of this illegal and disrespectful activity?

You do understand, I hope, that by opening up this discussion and advertising the site you are providing both an invitation to people to use it and a record of the site address that will outlast the site itself.

Wouldn't it be better just to deal with it through the individual concerned and his site provider, rather than announcing the full details to the Trainz world?

That your thread has wandered so far off topic indicates to me that perhaps not everyone sees it as an 'important issue'.

Well, some people just don't get it until they face the consequences. Show him the light and he'll back down.

Also, i love building with legos. I also have a crap-ton of wooden trains in my basement that i haven't touched in ages. :D

We need UKBL members to rise to the stand, and stop the clows who have been doing this work backhanded. It worsened by A LOT since UKBL left Trainz in I believe March. People think that because UKBL gone that no one is watching them. Well, there are people that do, so clows and idiots like them should cease to be reuploading the content to new sites. It might also be the factor that the models are lost in the wayback machines archive due to a robot.txt blocking the old UKBL site.

We need UKBL members to rise to the stand, and stop the clows who have been doing this work backhanded. It worsened by A LOT since UKBL left Trainz in I believe March. People think that because UKBL gone that no one is watching them. Well, there are people that do, so clows and idiots like them should cease to be reuploading the content to new sites. It might also be the factor that the models are lost in the wayback machines archive due to a robot.txt blocking the old UKBL site.

UKBL was shut down. The server that the models were on was only linked by the wayback machine which does not archive files only web pages, The servers were shut down as is now the website and forums, Magandy could not afford to pay for them any longer. The direct link to the site archive still works by the way but there are no active links, probably where that clown got the pictures from. http://web.archive.org/web/20101105181554/http://www.magandy.co.uk/ukbl/site_index.html

I informed Chris Burgess who was the last person running the UKBL site via the TCWW group of which he is a member the first time this happened but not heard anything back, he has given up all things Trainz but occasionally communicates with the group.

You do understand, I hope, that by opening up this discussion and advertising the site you are providing both an invitation to people to use it and a record of the site address that will outlast the site itself.

Wouldn't it be better just to deal with it through the individual concerned and his site provider, rather than announcing the full details to the Trainz world?

That your thread has wandered so far off topic indicates to me that perhaps not everyone sees it as an 'important issue'.
Also, i love building with legos. I also have a crap-ton of wooden trains in my basement that i haven't touched in ages. :D
Might as well make what the site is doing legal. How would you guys felt if you had something you don't want to be redistributed, then somebody makes a whole site that does that? And then rather than people helping, they talk about Lego, wooden trains, and trains with faces on them?

Well, some people just don't get it until they face the consequences. Show him the light and he'll back down.
Is that a threat?

I don't think its a UKBL responsibility. They were contacted by whoever owns the copyright and took the models down.

I think the best thing to do is contact the owners of the copyright and let them sue.

A few members of UKBL are still around by the way.

Cheerio John

Isn't that what this thread about? While you guys were debating, the site hasn't been touched and is still up.

So? We were enjoying ourselves.

Cheerio John

Guess so. Unless you wanted a legal issue forgotten and the toy topic could've been going on for a week. Anyways I'm done here and good day.

As has already been stated, one can get this source taken down and in all likely hood another will appear soon afterwards, there isn't much one can do really.

Let people reminisce a little, I'm sure we all have more to worry about than some aging 3D models. A little lightheartedness is always welcome.

Jack

MSTNoodle was at one point part of UKBL back in the Trainz UTC/04 days. He had his models taken down because people were reskining them, and uploading them elsewhere.

G'day,

Please let me attempt to sum up what has happened, since there are quite a number of replies and addressing them individually would take quite some time.

Zeldaboy14, it would be best if you removed the direct link to the website. As stated by BuilderBob, it is effectively advertising the site.

The action I have taken is as follows:

- I have messaged the site's creator about the issue, though it is likely that they will just start another website (this is the second one they have created).
- I have messaged Jimdo themselves, reporting the site.

That is all any person can do. We shall have to see what becomes of this action.

Zeldaboy14, if he does in fact create a third site hosting this content without approval, it would be best to keep it secretive; limit the number of people who know about it.

I think that this thread has run its course. We may now resume the LEGO/wooden blocks/Mechanics Made Easy discussion. ;)

Kieran.

We may now resume the LEGO/wooden blocks/Mechanics Made Easy discussion. ;)

If that's the case, I've recently gotten back into Lego, specifically the Lego Architecture series. It is models of iconic buildings made completely out of Legos. I've already got the Empire State Building, Seattle Space Needle, and Rockefeller Plaza. The one I really want is a model of Frank Lloyd Wright's iconic Fallingwater. Unfortunately, these Legos aren't available at your local Wal-Mart, the only place I've found them is the Barnes and Nobel at Hamilton Square Mall in Chattanooga and the Books-a-Million in Walnut Square Mall in Dalton.
I also probably have the largest collection of the original Lego BIONICLE series in the area. I've got:
At least five models of each year. However, I didn't get any of the last year because the models made it seem like BIONICLE went out of production with a whimper. I would expect that because the series was so popular, they would go out with a bang.
I've got all four movies
I've got both encyclopedias
I've got three special edition models
I've got almost every book made for BIONICLE
I've got six BIONICLE videogames

And I've got so many, they're stored in three different places in the house.
As for the new BIONICLE, I give it a big fat thumbs down. They just don't have the original feel as the original series.

If you want to check out more about Lego Architecture series, click this link:
http://www.lego.com/en-us/architecture

Back