PRR/Amtrak Catenary Project

petrama25

let me show you the
This is a thread for my PRR/Amtrak Catenary project. I will be making just about any Catenary object that exists or has existed. If you have a certain design of a cat pole you would like me to make, put a pic of it here and I will see what I can do.

328abb6181e4ac92554f999bdd5c975e.png
[/url

YES, YES YEA, I could go on , but that would be redundant . That really is nice looking Cat.

And thank you for your efforts

Matt

Last edited:
tuangalimoreamtrak19- Thanks. I made the catenary in blender not 3DS. I'll see about a video if I have some time. Honestly its nothing special. I just made a 4 track version that looked good, then I made more with different heights and widths modified from that one model.

DJReonic- The catenaries are Trainz height. I wanted to make them so people wouldn't have to adjust them constantly.

tuangalimoreamtrak19- Thanks. I made the catenary in blender not 3DS. I'll see about a video if I have some time. Honestly its nothing special. I just made a 4 track version that looked good, then I made more with different heights and widths modified from that one model.

DJReonic- The catenaries are Trainz height. I wanted to make them so people wouldn't have to adjust them constantly.

OK. I was kinda hoping they would be gfisher height so I could run double-stacks under them, but oh well, I'll use them anyway.

Might I point out that the gfisher catenary for the PRR is set to the correct height, bearing in mind that there is a lot of variation in height along the PRR's routes. What is needed is pantographs on the PRR locos set to the correct height. It would be nice if they were adjustable.

How high is that? I cant find a height that matches yours.
I wonder if it's possible if a script could be made where a pantograph would automatically adjust to the wire height above it.

DJReonic- They do fit double stacks.

It would require a different mesh for the height, Steve's B1 has a high and low version and the pantographs are different. So I am not sure if it could be scripted but worth a look see.

If memory serves I set the contact wire at 22'0 above top of rail, the general standard for the PRR, but it varied from 23'6 to 15'8. I believe the PRR had signage which attached to the catenary warning of low wire ahead....I suppose the engineer could adjust pantograph tension or something.

Back