Article: Trainz: A New Era has arrived on Mac!

OK I now have it but how to I get the free 6 months FTC fast access that was part of the package for ordering early (last November 2014 in my case)?

Glad to hear that its out but for those who have been using the release candidate version of Mac TANE, do we have to reinstall everything into this version of TANE or will everything we had in the Release Candidate version automatically appear in this version?

OK. So I downloaded the .zip file from the TANE download station but what do I do now to install the game? Ive now got 8 "setupx.bin, an exe file which doesn't work on Macs and another setup.cpgz.

Ive tried to open the setup files which bring up a dialog box noting the file is being "archived" but noting happens. Similar with the .cpgz file which simply creates a duplicate file when I try to open it?

Anyone?

Last edited:
OK. So I downloaded the .zip file from the TANE download station but what do I do now to install the game? Ive now got 8 "setupx.bin, an exe file which doesn't work on Macs and another setup.cpgz.

Ive tried to open the setup files which bring up a dialog box noting the file is being "archived" but noting happens. Similar with the .cpgz file which simply creates a duplicate file when I try to open it?

Anyone?

Which set of downloads did you use? The Windows ones at the top of the page or the Mac ones further down (if you downloaded from the Download T:ANE page)?

The Mac download comes in the form of a .dmg file by the looks of it.

Shane

Mac downloads

Have you checked under MyTrainz > Download Tickets > First Class Tickets?

Shane
Hi Shane,

Im pretty sure I downloaded the Mac software from the Atlanta download site. No 'dmg file so maybe Ill download again. *sigh* Another four hours I won't get back LOL

Thanks,

Murraybee

No problem - just checked the links on the Download T:ANE site and all the ones with the Apple logo next to them are .dmg files.

Shane

Have you checked under MyTrainz > Download Tickets > First Class Tickets?

Shane

Hi Shane,

Yes, that was start of my trip through the circular maze. It says there is one but the link leads to a serial number entry screen (see below). So I searched for my serial number for hours and eventually found a page that said the Mac digital down load doesn't have a serial number and even adds 'it doesn't need one'. So I am still in limbo on this. Of course, no reply to my official ticket submission yet.

The below tickets show what content you have access to download; this access is determined by the product serial numbers you have registered.

T:ANE for Mac? Maybe not yet.

Does anyone know if TANE will run on a Macbook Pro? Mine slows down and freezes so I must force close it.
So far, I've gotten it running, but it is MASSIVELY slow. To Get anything that you can actually interact with, you must have a minimum of 8GB of RAM installed and run in 1024x768 Windowed mode.

Also, make sure NOTHING else is running on the rMBP.

I have the full game but it's not working and keeps force quitting :(, help me!

I'm having a similar issue. After 'verifying' for a LONG time, my iMac says T:ANE is not from a recognized developer. I can work around and get it started, but I'd prefer not to waste the time it takes to do so.

Operator error on my part is always a strong possibility, and I've searched this forum and the FAQ for help, to no avail, which brings up another point.

I note one that no one, including anyone from Trainz, has responded to TheJamesski. Unfortunately, this seems typical of the lack of responsiveness that has been my experience with the folks at Trainz.

I have a big problem with T:ANE Mac : the file "asset.tdx" is missing ! The game can't work without this file, it is the database !
Does anyone have the same problem or I am the only ?
(It's the collector edition mac)

Jimmy

Back