Can not save custom filters in Trainz a new Era Content Manager.

steamrodder

Fellow Trainzer
Hi all, When I'm in CM, I set up My custom Filters by name of content builder, every time the data base repair is finished, my filters are erased. Is there a way to fix this problem, Thanks. -Robert- :confused:

The database repair may do this if there has been a severe enough crash to wipe out your settings. For the most part, it does keep your settings and filters, but I know it's a pain if you've spent the time and effort getting things setup the way you want.

John

Hi John, I have been doing a lot of downloading, and sometimes the database repair will start up next time when I restart T:AIN ( Build 76401 ) Is there a way to save my settings and reload them?

Hi John, I have been doing a lot of downloading, and sometimes the database repair will start up next time when I restart T:AIN ( Build 76401 ) Is there a way to save my settings and reload them?

I've been doing a lot of importing and have run into the same. You have to ensure T:ANE is shutdown before restarting the computer. The problem is I've had system crashes during importing content, which only makes the process long and frustrating as well.

I can't find where these filters are stored as I was thinking the same, otherwise, that would be awesome. I'm lucky I only have a few and they are fairly easy to recreate, though very inconvenient to do so.

John

A database repair should not erase your details or delete your custom filters.
This can happen if a crash occurs and then a database repair is instigated by Trainz or TANE.
The custom search filters are stored in assets.tdx and supposedly backed up in assets.bku. Trouble is both go walkabout at the same time, and Trainz substitutes the vanilla flavoured assets.tdx from the Pre-built folder which knows nothing about you or your custom filters.

I have raised this as an issue in Trainz Dev forum and requested a more robust method of backup for assets.tdx and as a consequence the custom search filters.

In meantime I recommend that you copy your assets.tdx on a regular basis at intervals depending on the amount of work you are doing. Best place probably is the desktop, then that reminds you to backup.

In the event of a crash and loss of assets.tdx just drop your saved copy of assets.tdx back into Trainz or TANE. Depending on how old your backup is or how much work you have done since the last backup, you should have minimal effort to recover to your current state before the crash. SAVE as often as you need to MINIMISE loss. This workaround takes less than a minute to action.

Last edited:
Back