Yarnish Divided Highway Question

davidakridge

Session Creator
So I'm using all Yarnish roads in TANE. This is my first time using them in any version of Trainz. My question is when moving from 4 lane to a divided highway. The traffic does not move across the joint. Am I supposed to attach points using Yarnish Invisible roads? I've looked everywhere on the forum and just can't find an answer. Maybe it can't be done.

10408671_1452705121691772_551532697642484362_n.jpg

I would think they should go across the road pieces just like they do across intersections. There should be a piece of invisible road, such as YARN invisible road which is a tiny purple or light blue thread of a road. If the invisible road is there, make sure you connect to that as sometimes on these (not sure about this particular one) assets and the YARN assets there are two connections for a reason I don't know. I have attached t the wrong points and had weird things happen.

John

Thank you for the reply.

I'm assuming the yellow strips in a yarnish invisible road. It is only on the assets for the Yarnish Divided highways. There is an asset that matches but I can't make them line up because the single spline point on the four lane is in the middle and there are two invisible road spline points to attach.

I'm going to keep looking. I'm certainly not one to ask for advice without doing my research on the forum. There is just TONS of links on Yarn & Yarnish, some with over 1,500 replies. Like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I hope that I'm not just being too obvious, but have you looked at the Yarnish adaptors? They don't work properly in T:ANE, but worked fine in TS12.

Glenn

I hope that I'm not just being too obvious, but have you looked at the Yarnish adaptors? They don't work properly in T:ANE, but worked fine in TS12.

Glenn

So is this my entire problem? Does the Yarnish assets NOT work properly in TANE? I have the adapters installed and they are doing the same thing. Traffic disappears when it reaches a spline point.

David

Last edited:
So is this my entire problem? Does the Yarnish assets NOT work properly in TANE? I have the adapters installed and they are don't the same thing. Traffic disappears when it reaches a spline point.

David

In T:ANE there are some attachment point issues with the asset. If you look at some of the YARNISH components in the Content Manager there are some unfixable errors. I ended up deleting them for now and will look again later when the time comes. The issue actually occurred in TS12 as well with some of the assets. There was a missing spline attachment point on one end of a few of the T-intersections. In TS12 it ignored the error, but in T:ANE there was a big complaint.

With your image, I couldn't tell if this was T:ANE or not... I really thought it was TS12!

John

In T:ANE there are some attachment point issues with the asset. If you look at some of the YARNISH components in the Content Manager there are some unfixable errors. I ended up deleting them for now and will look again later when the time comes. The issue actually occurred in TS12 as well with some of the assets. There was a missing spline attachment point on one end of a few of the T-intersections. In TS12 it ignored the error, but in T:ANE there was a big complaint.

With your image, I couldn't tell if this was T:ANE or not... I really thought it was TS12!

John

So if you build routes, what road system do you use? I'm working on my first route and I'm amazed at the lack of assets such as roads and signage (especially US) on the DLS. I'm wondering if I need to scrap route building and creating sessions and get into building assets? I know someone reading this will suggest that if I'm not happy with what's on the DLS, I should create it.:hehe:

Thanks John
David

So if you build routes, what road system do you use? I'm working on my first route and I'm amazed at the lack of assets such as roads and signage (especially US) on the DLS. I'm wondering if I need to scrap route building and creating sessions and get into building assets? I know someone reading this will suggest that if I'm not happy with what's on the DLS, I should create it.:hehe:

Thanks John
David

HI David,

I've gone back to the original and updated YARN assets. For the most part, many of these work fine in T:ANE and some have been included as built-ins. The Yarnish series do add some extra stuff though, which might be useful such as faster highways, tunnels, extra lanes, etc., so don't count those out completely. You just need to test them and see which ones work where.

If you have the capabilities of making stuff, I welcome that and would love to use them myself. I've made models in the past, but I'm talking about 20 years ago now using 3ds R4 DOS and Max 1.0 beta, and later Max 2,5 Beta. I understand the process, but it would take me so long to make something we'd be on T:ANE version 12.9 before the first thing came out right. :)

John

Not a TANE problem only

So is this my entire problem? Does the Yarnish assets NOT work properly in TANE? I have the adapters installed and they are don't the same thing. Traffic disappears when it reaches a spline point.

David

I use TS12 and the same issue happens for me. I use Yarnish roads and intersections almost exclusively, including the Yarnish Divided Highways (4 lane divided motorway/freeways) and the divided highways groups of objects and splines (although they work well amongst themselves) just don't work with the other Yarnish roads (except for the exit and entrance intersection objects (off and on ramps intersecting with 2 lane roads which do work), but which is not what you are trying to do in your question).

I think it has to do with the divided highways assets being one way and all other Yarnish being two way. Re the Yarnish adaptor, that's good for 4lane undivided 2way to 2 lane undivided 2way but won't solve the problem you are having.

Hopefully someone will develop a solution but at least you know now it's not a TANE problem exclusively.

Trainz 2017

Are there any plans to update any or all of the YARNish road and highway assets to TRAINZ2017? Thank you.

Are there any plans to update any or all of the YARNish road and highway assets to TRAINZ2017? Thank you.

I only use YARNish roads, and to my knowledge there is no such adapter mentioned above to this day that anyone has made. They just fixed several YARish assets to work with TANE and they work very well.

My suggestion, if you are looking for the Divided Highway to 4 Lane Road Adapter, is to make your own. I usually run a Divided Highway from one end of the route to the other, and have several exit ramps, and YARNish work great. After all, it's more about the Trainz, than the road traffic.

This thread is old, please close.

it's more about the Trainz, than the road traffic.

It is more about it, but in the HO modeling world, there is more time spent on the details of the surrounding assets than the roadbed and the trains them self. You can't make it look real if all the other assets work and look like garbage.

David

It is more about it, but in the HO modeling world, there is more time spent on the details of the surrounding assets than the roadbed and the trains them self. You can't make it look real if all the other assets work and look like garbage.

David

So as I said, you can make that one adapter yourself, the YARNish assets are great and really make the 'scene' look great. Just because you want to take a divided highway and merge it into a 4 lane road for whatever reason, okay. That one piece just does not exist yet... You could make that happen by making it since you have the need for that exact piece in your layout. There is no garbage with the YARNish assets that I've found, they all look great in my routes.

I would just put two of the divided pieces next to each other in a way that they look like one road. I do it all the time. It also lets you customize intersections, which is something I have made a bunch of assets for (search author name Mason9468 on the DLS).

I would just put two of the divided pieces next to each other in a way that they look like one road. I do it all the time. It also lets you customize intersections, which is something I have made a bunch of assets for (search author name Mason9468 on the DLS).

These assets are incredible. I had no idea you had posted these. Can't wait to use them.

David

Back