Last People to Actually Play Multiplayer

Glad you kept UMR Alive and well during this difficult migration, but the issues with Multiplayer are well unresolved and frustrating........
It gave me a great experience in TS12.......

I am with Razor01's view at the present time and I just am unsure my view can change, but it is not impossible yet for change.........
Multiplayer was a huge attraction as well, and again I agree with Razor the complexity is overwhelming anymore to do it properly and impressively......

All we can do is turn this community around from instead worrying about yesterday and look towards a better tomorrow........
I mean this with all things including perceived notions, greed, and click oriented backdoor communications of any member of this forum which is going on and have seen first hand..........

We need to become a community again, not just a whole bunch of separate entities worrying about $$$$$ instead of improving everyone's experience again............
Some DLC and Some Payware - I get it on this, but not to the degree it is today and the prices are well becoming really off balanced for one item......... Makes the experience of Trainz no where near what it was......... NOWHERE NEAR...........
For those who stay committed, I really hope you all come together, forget about the past, and make this a better experience than what I have seen the past few years.......... I miss the good olde days

the multiplayer Xp on tane has been none for me so far . In the lobby you see old ghost games still visible on the server .
Umr worked great , spend many hours going from one side to the other ;) with some guy quite possessive of his trainyard :D
sometimes i wonder what happened to those guys , there were like 8 people or so frequently visiting the server

i do hope they get rid of some multiplayer bugs and make it fun again just as it should be , train sim doing on your own is utterly boring ;)

Wow! I just bought TANE and found the built in MP sessions leave much to be desired! So glad to see you all here from UMR. Does anyone remember me from England? Me and my girlfriend (clewis92) used to join UMR. I remember Lewis, Razor, and some of the other guys here. Good to see you all still around. I'm going to start work on something we can hopefully all play again soon now iv seen you all here.. There is a massive call for MP to work. What's it like in TANE stability and bug wise?

hi @ all,

elzy89; What's it like in TANE stability and bug wise?[/QUOTE said:
It's actually still the same. I could not see any major differences between TS12 MP and TANE MP. It somehow seems to be a little, little bit better performance wise, but there's still room for improvements.

I would highly appreciate to see more routes and sessions which can be used for some good ol' MP. :)

Greetings,

Marcel

hi @ all,

It's actually still the same. I could not see any major differences between TS12 MP and TANE MP. It somehow seems to be a little, little bit better performance wise, but there's still room for improvements.

I would highly appreciate to see more routes and sessions which can be used for some good ol' MP. :)

Greetings,

Marcel

Hi Shadowrock:

Have you finished the MP session?

My friends and I attempted to run the session you posted on http://www.trainz-multiplayer.de/ , but ran into a problem.

The session itself is not on the DLS, can't use it LOL

Last edited:
Some posts say multiplayer works, some say it's iffy at best, some say it has never worked.

So I am curious:
Who has actually successfully played multiplayer with others in the last month or so?
What version?
How many played?
How did it work?
What's it like?

I think multiplayer would be great fun.

Jeff

I like it. Mostly in Kickstarter Country running on TANE. pittras fixed most industries (not tried the HF3 Coal Mine yet) and made a nice Multiplayer Session ("Multiplayer Session - Improved version)". I decided to do get into creating (oohhh, the tutorials and twitch vids are terrific for that!) and modified it a bit further, taking his version and push it to Version 1.1. It's currently in review and will be available soon. Thing is, it only consists of the built-in assets so you don't need an FCT if you have Kickstarter country. It's compact, it's fun, I like it ^ ^ I keep on modifying and enhancing it bit by bit now as I know how to do it. Would love to add an Interlocking Tower some time ... Still, I'm just a beginner in this field.
Been playing with the idea to also create a MP session for Niddertalbahn route but that also needs localization work done. Maybe I'll do it later.
Tried ECML but I agree with others, too big, too widespread. Same goes for the lovely Avery - Drexel.
So, whenever you see a MP up in Kickstarter Country, feel free to join. Or just start it yourself. It's really worth!
Lockheed​
Edit:
som,e experiences I got:
- people join randomly when they see a MP session is running
- they expect you to give orders (only rarely they check waybills, I guess I add a pop up some time in my session version XD )
- some do ignore you orders, that's a fun aspect as well, especially when trying to avoid "Cornfield meets"
- some prefer industry tasks, some just the hauling of trains, a session should cover both aspects (Kickstarter Country does that pretty well)
- they are multilingual, some don't speak English
- often they only stay for an hour, sometimes less
- there are some regular people coming, I love that, familiar faces , err, names XD

Last edited:
I like it. Mostly in Kickstarter Country running on TANE. pittras fixed most industries (not tried the HF3 Coal Mine yet) and made a nice Multiplayer Session ("Multiplayer Session - Improved version)". I decided to do get into creating (oohhh, the tutorials and twitch vids are terrific for that!) and modified it a bit further, taking his version and push it to Version 1.1. It's currently in review and will be available soon. Thing is, it only consists of the built-in assets so you don't need an FCT if you have Kickstarter country. It's compact, it's fun, I like it ^ ^ I keep on modifying and enhancing it bit by bit now as I know how to do it. Would love to add an Interlocking Tower some time ... Still, I'm just a beginner in this field.
Been playing with the idea to also create a MP session for Niddertalbahn route but that also needs localization work done. Maybe I'll do it later.
Tried ECML but I agree with others, too big, too widespread. Same goes for the lovely Avery - Drexel.
So, whenever you see a MP up in Kickstarter Country, feel free to join. Or just start it yourself. It's really worth!
Lockheed​
Edit:
som,e experiences I got:
- they expect you to give orders (only rarely they check waybills, I guess I add a pop up some time in my session version XD )
- some do ignore you orders, that's a fun aspect as well, especially when trying to avoid "Cornfield meets"
- some prefer industry tasks, some just the hauling of trains, a session should cover both aspects (Kickstarter Country does that pretty well)
- there are some regular people coming, I love that, familiar faces , err, names XD

I have cloned and uploaded ShadowRocks session. It runs well. Multiplayer Session (made by trainz-multiplayer.de) <kuid:521966:100008> 35 Trainzers have downloaded it so far.

Full of nice locos and rolling stock for all the industry types, passenger runs and switching. The localisation problem is the only pain in the Bleep thing about running the session. Have to google translate every industry name !
reading.gif

I've not run open sessions due to the points you make above. Many of the new MP players are very young kids and will drop out due to school work, parents scolding, etc etc. Not to mention the ones that come-in , wreck trains and leave !
2mo5pow.gif
2mo5pow.gif

I'll run with you and your group in Kickstarter. I haven't run that session since re-installing a few weeks ago, but it looks fun !

Rico

Last edited:
Lockheed​
Edit:
som,e experiences I got:

Asset is up <KUID2:622415:100009:1> I hope it works with obsoleting asset and make a new version.

it still needs some fixing (e.g I messed up the roundhouse a bit, need to correct some signal versions) but well, no asset is stable forever ^^

I not mind guiding new players - we all started at some point. And cleaning up track is also nice thing now and then. Re-routing traffic and what I noticed everyone gets a bit excited when runaway trains happen. And suddenly everyone tries to catch the cars. It's fun. Just don't take it too serious

Lockheed

Last edited:
it still needs some fixing (e.g I messed up the roundhouse a bit, need to correct some signal versions) but well, no asset is stable forever ^^

Indeed theres a locomotive poking through the wall. Anyway would be nice if one would be able to assign more drivers to the empty locomotives, can't seem to do this. I like that the custom hud is integrated! Not really sure if anyone is able to join my games though as there wasnt anyone trying.

Indeed theres a locomotive poking through the wall. Anyway would be nice if one would be able to assign more drivers to the empty locomotives, can't seem to do this. I like that the custom hud is integrated! Not really sure if anyone is able to join my games though as there wasnt anyone trying.

Already got that fixed. As not two authors can work on one route/session the work gets merged into pittras version:
Kickstarter County Multiplayer Session (V1.2) - pittras

via KUID:326214:100075 and it's latest version.

A new version is in progress but not ready yet for test and upload.

I'll obsolete mine and point to pittras version. Thanks for reminding me.
Lockheed

Already got that fixed. As not two authors can work on one route/session the work gets merged into pittras version:
Kickstarter County Multiplayer Session (V1.2) - pittras

via KUID:326214:100075 and it's latest version.

A new version is in progress but not ready yet for test and upload.

I'll obsolete mine and point to pittras version. Thanks for reminding me.
Lockheed

Awesome :) Ok now i understood the how to assign the drivers to different locos. BTW check the signal outside Westside on the main line. It shows as name -357 in map. On the map it indicates its yellow but the signal is red with notice: On the line ahead is a track marker facing against us.

Funny feeling to randomly stumble on posts about your work. :)

... signal outside Westside on the main line. It shows as name -357 in map. On the map it indicates its yellow but the signal is red with notice: On the line ahead is a track marker facing against us.

Thanks for heads up, already found issue and will be fixed for next version.

When me and lockheed02 figure out last bits we can fix or improve I'll try hosting this session as often as possible (every weekend maybe).

Funny feeling to randomly stumble on posts about your work. :)

Thanks for heads up, already found issue and will be fixed for next version.

When me and lockheed02 figure out last bits we can fix or improve I'll try hosting this session as often as possible (every weekend maybe).

I hosted it yesterday 3 hours, but noone joined, i ended up assigning all trains to me and moving them around with commands. Not sure if my game is even visible, i never seem to be able to join anyone else, if i not get a "Not in the right state" error right away i give up after waiting 15 mins with the message "Joining".

Btw why isn't it possible to save a MP session? Wouldnt it be just a load "Session XY"-Save like a Custom Session? Kinda disheartining to shunt and work for an hour then have to start from scratch the next time around...

Your problem with joining/hosting session could be trainz servers down or something blocking game (firewall) try checking these and best would be to contact support.

Saving multiplayer session was my biggest wish since multiplayer appeared in trainz series... Like you said - no fun in loosing all progress done.

Back