Last People to Actually Play Multiplayer

I'm in a session on Kickstarter County as of 8:46 PM (GMT-7), 7/30/2016. 4 trains are available, and the rest are my train and 3 AI trains.

Kickstarter County Multiplayer Session (V1.4) released

Already got that fixed. As not two authors can work on one route/session the work gets merged into pittras version:
Kickstarter County Multiplayer Session (V1.2) - pittras

via KUID:326214:100075 and it's latest version.

A new version is in progress but not ready yet for test and upload.

I'll obsolete mine and point to pittras version. Thanks for reminding me.
Lockheed

And we proceed and uploaded yesterday:

Kickstarter County Multiplayer Session (V1.4)

via <KUID:622415:100036>

it will be up in DLS soon.

it contains some more clean ups and some things we try out and plan to extend to add in future version if they work as we hope in real game play.
Lockheed

... we try out and plan to extend to add in future version if they work as we hope in real game play.

Here's my question to developers - would it be possible in (even far) future to give option to somehow override DLS asset integrity checking for testing things like multiplayer session ? So we can playtest route/session before releasing it to everyone ?

Last edited:
I downloaded the Kickstarter County Multiplayer Session (V1.5beta2) and played it for several hours and enjoyed it. However, it looks like the mine is neither consuming diesel nor producing coal.

-Al

EDIT: It is working now. The existing mine asset was "CoalMine Basic", without a space between "Coal" and "Mine". Looks like I had to download the asset "Coal Mine Basic", with a space between "Coal" and "Mine".

Last edited:
I have been playing multiplayer in T:ANE and it's worked out pretty well (except for the random glitching sw1500s, gotta love em!) with various people, though it seems that not many play in multiplayer. I'm planning on building a route specifically for multiplayer, and I will create a new tag for it.

I downloaded the Kickstarter County Multiplayer Session (V1.5beta2) and played it for several hours and enjoyed it. However, it looks like the mine is neither consuming diesel nor producing coal.

-Al

EDIT: It is working now. The existing mine asset was "CoalMine Basic", without a space between "Coal" and "Mine". Looks like I had to download the asset "Coal Mine Basic", with a space between "Coal" and "Mine".

Yes, unfortunately it probably didn't work out correctly to put the updated Coal Mine as dependency of the session (that was the main purpose of V1.4.1). However, we might add it in next version as pop up to have users aware to add it manually.
I wonder if there are more assets that could be updated that way ...
Lockheed

I was able to get into a multiplayer session for kickstarter county with another person. It was a lot of fun, we definetly need to be running multiplayer sessions more often. I am going to try and get the above mentioned multiplayer session working this weekend. I'll post a thread about session times later tonight.

A few things to mention as others who might be having trouble with MP will eventually find their way here....

1. Its pretty hard to participate in MP without a First Class Ticket. This is the download sub offered by the company. Its worth it. Without it, you're almost certainly going to fail at loading up that MP session.

2. Read the Tips and Tricks thread, search around, and lastly, ask nicely. You'll probably be directed to the support dudes. They're good for it, be patient, they'll fix your wagon for you.

Some posts say multiplayer works, some say it's iffy at best, some say it has never worked.

So I am curious:
Who has actually successfully played multiplayer with others in the last month or so?
What version?
How many played?
How did it work?
What's it like?

I think multiplayer would be great fun.

Jeff

Maybe one thing I noticed the last weeks. If Multiplayer sessions are running, people join. If not, its only a couple of people of people who usually initiate them. Another thing: you only see them for routes you have installed. That restricts the visibility of running MPs for many only to the default routes but leaves out all the pure custom ones at DLS (e.g. the UMR ones).

Now if you could also see running MPs for routes not installed ... *heads to the suggestion box car and drops a note in there*
Lockheed

"Now if you could also see running MPs for routes not installed" - I believe it was a thing back in TS12 (don't have it installed so can't check right now ). There was kind of server browser like in many other games, not sure why it got removed in T:ANE. Simple server browser showing basic info like: person hosting it/game name, name of route and name of session would be most definetly sufficient.

I believe it was a thing back in TS12 (don't have it installed so can't check right now ). There was kind of server browser like in many other games, not sure why it got removed in T:ANE. Simple server browser showing basic info like: person hosting it/game name, name of route and name of session would be most definetly sufficient.
It was.
It is serious mistake of N3V not to include it in TANE.
Lockheed just made a suggestion topic about it.

Probably once SP2 has been released there might be some more action.
But well ... for my part it's more that I hate to boot Win10
Lockheed

Back