Last People to Actually Play Multiplayer

Some posts say multiplayer works, some say it's iffy at best, some say it has never worked.

So I am curious:
Who has actually successfully played multiplayer with others in the last month or so?
What version?
How many played?
How did it work?
What's it like?

I think multiplayer would be great fun.

Jeff

Multiplayer is great. I ran one 24-7 in TS12 and had a lot of people play. Unfortunately it does not seem to work in New Era yet. There are a lot of problems with the assets. They seem to mark themselves modified when they are updated. The Multiplayer function will not work with assets marked modified. I am sure that they will eventually get thing fixed so multiplayer will work again. I am in the process of updating the UMR route and session that I ran in TS12 to Trainz New Era. It is going to be easy with the problems we have to work around.

Good news about UMR, spent plenty of time on that map (actually could have been a great built in MP map ) but i would wait till they get these bugs out of the way first or it will end up on the scrap heap very quickly. You only have to look at TS12 to see how many broken MP sessions there are.

As for who has played MP i played from first retail till about a week ago when the modified bug struck.

Only had max of 2 client players plus the host.

Kickstarter ,this was the most successful, would load quick as small, although industries would fail to load/unload for clients, host would have to load/unload for them. Also the old ghost trains are still around as well. Total players 3

Hinton long time for clients to load map, coupler issue could not uncouple or couple trains even host could not recouple once he had detached. No idea about industries due to coupler bug. Total players 2

ECML long time for clients to load, had 2 players try to load one gave up the other took about 15mins, played for about an hour before client vanished, may have crashed.

Tried hosting all the maps that came with the Deluxe version and only the 3 mentioned above did i get anyone to join.

Razor here is something interesting, you still show as hosting a session on the kickstarter map.

Looks like anyone who has hosted a session becomes a ghost player as even when it says you are offline in chat you are online in MP, this means people are trying to join a non existant game, this would cause the " Not in right state "error as hard to join a game thats not there.

Main thing that needs to be addressed is built in assets need to be able to be reverted back so all MP maps are playable, until this is done it is impossible to really test MP to see what other bugs are in it.

rail

Yes that is basically it, you can talk to the player hosting the game to see what is required, but most hosts are just happy to have someone to run trains with.

rail

I would play multiplayer, but my friend doesn't want to get a FCT for whatever reason so he can't download any MP routes or sessions.

I've played multiplayer in TS12 a few times before, but I never get to play with anyone "recognizable" (someone on the forums). However, it's still fun.

I am glad lewis is making UMR MP for TANE. I did make a MP session for kickstarter county but having a lot of issues with it. The big issue, no cars will load in any of the industries. I have a dedicated server that I will host the UMR route 24/7 once it gets ready.

I am glad lewis is making UMR MP for TANE. I did make a MP session for kickstarter county but having a lot of issues with it. The big issue, no cars will load in any of the industries. I have a dedicated server that I will host the UMR route 24/7 once it gets ready.
I am working on it but the big problem right now seems to be assest getting marked modified when they were not. Have not figured this one out yet.

You know, the main reason I went with Trainz in the first place was because of multiplayer. It is now dead. I think it's time to move on - Trainz is too complicated, too unfinished, too hard to find content specifically for TANE, and the list goes on.

It sure is frustrating - waiting a year to find that TS12 was probably the best and I should have just kept on that. I feel I wasted 1.5 years with the Kickstarter campaign, testing, testing, testing, and in the end it just isn't working how it should.

My thoughts... Thoroughly disappointed in the outcome thus far.

Glad you kept UMR Alive and well during this difficult migration, but the issues with Multiplayer are well unresolved and frustrating........
It gave me a great experience in TS12.......

I am with Razor01's view at the present time and I just am unsure my view can change, but it is not impossible yet for change.........
Multiplayer was a huge attraction as well, and again I agree with Razor the complexity is overwhelming anymore to do it properly and impressively......

All we can do is turn this community around from instead worrying about yesterday and look towards a better tomorrow........
I mean this with all things including perceived notions, greed, and click oriented backdoor communications of any member of this forum which is going on and have seen first hand..........

We need to become a community again, not just a whole bunch of separate entities worrying about $$$$$ instead of improving everyone's experience again............
Some DLC and Some Payware - I get it on this, but not to the degree it is today and the prices are well becoming really off balanced for one item......... Makes the experience of Trainz no where near what it was......... NOWHERE NEAR...........
For those who stay committed, I really hope you all come together, forget about the past, and make this a better experience than what I have seen the past few years.......... I miss the good olde days

Last edited:
played umr aswell for a long time , was fun with teamspeak channel
exept for the loading times and sync errors it worked quite well
the long coal trains shall roam the plaines once again :D

I'm downloading the new version now...look forward to see if it works properly this time. UMR is a great route, and we all had a lot of fun working the route together!

Back