How Many Of You Still Have Old Versions of Trainz?

I own the following, but only have TS12 and T:ANE installed.

• UTC-lost install code
  • TRS2004-lost install code
  • TRS2006-lost install code
  • TS2010
  • TS2012
  • T:ANE Deluxe

My UTC, 2004, and 2006 came together as a set. but I lost the booklet that had the install codes in them so never got to register them.

Installed:
- UTC
- TRS2004
- TRS2006
- TS2010
- TS12

Not installed:
- Trainz Driver (2006 demo)
- Trainz Classics 1 and 2
- Trainz Classics 3

I still use TS2010 as my main version but UTC, '04 and '06 are fun to pop into occasionally. TS12 barely works; the frame-rate is too low.

Kieran.

Last edited:
I have all listed as above in boxed versions except TS12 digital download to SP1(Kept on DVD copy disc)
I use 2010 on my Dell laptop,too slow for TS12 and not 64 bit.
Desktop has TS12 which I use and TANE which at present just sits there waiting for my upgraded disc.
Quite suprised how many others still prefer to use TS10, still my favourite too.

I have all boxed versions in varying editions (collector's, deluxe...) and their extensions since Trainz vanilla... lazing on a bookshelf, except TS12.

I have all the above installed. I initially test in 2004, put that on the TPR site, modify as needed to TS2012/SP1/HF4 standards, and upload that to the DLS (with a different kuid).

I've put a few items into TANE as a test but that's about all.

Ben

Although I don't have them installed anymore, I still own my CD's for both Trainz 2004 and 2006 still. It amazes me that Trainz 2004 required 4 CD's to install and for Trainz 2006 it required a total of 6 CD's to install, but then after the installation was complete you then only need just 1 of them to run the game leaving the other CD's useless unless you had to re-install the game.

All in my track line are still installed. Nice thing about Trainz is that the various versions don't interfere with each other. Will start up the older ones for nostalgia once in a while and for testing. Generally only use the latest version once it settles down.

I still have TRS 2004 build 2365 and TS 2010, TS12 and TRANE installed.

I find that in spite of all the advances that TRS 2004 gives me some of the best sound of any version, especially on those stormy days when the lightning is flashing and the thunder is booming. In my opinion this sense of stormy weather has not been replicated in any of the recent versions.

I have all the versions listed above, plus TS2009 which although I have registered the serial stubbornly refuses to appear in my listed versions. I still use TRS2004 and TRS2006 on a laptop with the Intel integrated graphics chip because they both run acceptably on it. My main work at the moment is using TS2010 on a much higher-spec laptop to develop the EKLR, which I will probably then migrate to TS2012 once T:ANE gets superseded by whatever is on the far side of the tunnel. By which you can probably guess that I prefer to live on the maimed stump rather than the bleeding edge. Edit: I just watched half of a video by Squirrel on Youtube, and provided my Medion Erazer laptop meets the spec for T:ANE, I expect I'll be getting it rather sooner than I initially predicted.

I also like using TRS2004 to make model railway layouts from the plans which have appeared over the years in magazines but for which I do not have the room-space available. It does this with effortless ease, since Surveyor is, to my mind, the best building tool around, and since it is a model railway I'm not bothered by the low-spec physics and steam effects. I tried upgrading to TS2012 a couple of years ago but stopped when I realised I was spending more time trying to solve content-faults than I was in actually running the trains.

Something I have noticed over the past twenty or more years as a software developer is that the world is split quite distinctly into those who demand the new, and those who like the comfort of things that they have learned and assimilated into their lives. The former can be epitomised by the swipers of touch-screen phones, the latter by those stubbornly clinging to clamshells with buttons. But then, whilst everybody else was beavering away on C# or C++ on quad-core machines, I was happy using Fortran and Macro11 on P4s and PDP11s.

Last edited:
Although I don't have them installed anymore, I still own my CD's for both Trainz 2004 and 2006 still. It amazes me that Trainz 2004 required 4 CD's to install and for Trainz 2006 it required a total of 6 CD's to install, but then after the installation was complete you then only need just 1 of them to run the game leaving the other CD's useless unless you had to re-install the game.
My TrainzRailwayz-TRS2006/TC1&2, only had 2 discs, and installed within 15 min, and never required a disc in the drive bay to play the game ... Right out of the box build 3337 was plug and play, and worked flawlessly, inside of minutes. The most stable build and CM ever !

I have all the above installed and running on two systems, except TRS2006 which doesn't seem to like Win8.1 (I'll try a reinstall one of these days).

I'd been working in TS12 49922 until I got ill, when I recovered I tried working in TS12SP1HF4 but too many assets were broken. Then I discovered that many 49922 assets had been broken by the DLS update process. At some point I guess I'll try fixing the 49922 assets or switch to TS2010 since many seem to think it the best of the bunch.

All I have is 2010. I've been (almost always) enjoying it now for 2 years and am quite happy with it.
I just ignore the 4,000 plus updates that recently appeared after 12 and then TANE came out (I had it down to less than 20 updates). I started trying to update at least those assets I use in my own route of 2 years, but almost all updates are now above my 3.3 CM- so I gave up trying to update any of them.
Instead I download some from Download Station & a few 3rd party sites- since I can still find and use good assets for 3.3 and lower. (And I use all of PEV's tools to work around some of the usual problems & bring the older assets up to 3.3 if necessary.)
Rebecca

I have all my versions installed still except UTC. I use TC 3, TS2010 and TS2012 the most I am still on a learning curve with T:ANE because of the many fixes that need to be made to older content
I think T:ANE is showing promise of being very good as it runs very well on my system.

If I want to run trainz I use TC3 as I've never had a problem with it.
TS2010 was very problematic, but TS2012 is a lot better, although still a bit prone to occasional freezing in CM, but I use it for testing some content. I suspect that my PC isn't man enough for to run the database checks.

Chris.

I have everything shown above stored on original cds and dvds and also backup copies and for TS9 and TS12 DL versions it's on backup dvds.
I have TRS04, TRS06, TS10, TS12 and TANE installed now. Actually 2 versions each of TS12 and TANE to be accurate.
I work in TRS04, TS10, TS12 and I guess I can say TANE since it is a WIP and my seat on the combined TEG/PC forum gives me a 2nd chance to help N3V in getting things fixed.

Bob Pearon

All I have is TC3 and 2012. TC3 is installed on my low end laptop and old Windows XP desktop PC, and 2012 is installed on a high end laptop, my main Windows 7 Desktop PC, and the new Windows 8.1 PC I got.

I still have every Version of trainz including the first CE disc that I collected from the office Personally.
But only have TS10 + TS12 and Tane installed on the Pc.
I have TS12 0nly on the laptop, But as it has only a GT540m card I'm unlikely to install
Tane on it.

NormP

Back