Help with setting up an ATLS UK crossing.

wholikestobepirate12

Network Rail Engineer
Well i try to make a level crossing based on Porthmadog and Barmouth crossings. They have TMO crossings = Trainman Operated Crossing
Those are MCB but how do you make the train itself stop at the stop board and kinda press the button, then the crossing would activate, and then the train passes. Help me please.
Barmouth_Station_Level_Crossing_-_geograph.org.uk_-_214774.jpg

Barmouth Level Crossing in real life

Well i try to make a level crossing based on Porthmadog and Barmouth crossings. They have TMO crossings = Trainman Operated Crossing
Those are MCB but how do you make the train itself stop at the stop board and kinda press the button, then the crossing would activate, and then the train passes. Help me please.
Barmouth_Station_Level_Crossing_-_geograph.org.uk_-_214774.jpg

Barmouth Level Crossing in real life

Hello, person with the long name.
You can find on the DLS "ATLS Level Crossing Trigger command" by adrian19. After the train has stopped before the crossing this command will open it. Use it instead of the normal arriving trigger. You will also need the "input table" rule.

Drive to a TM and wait for a few seconds. Use the ATLS driver command to activate the crossing and use another wait command to allow crossing to finish activation. Place a leaving trigger on each side of the crossing to de-activate the crossing when train has passed.

Drive to a TM and wait for a few seconds. Use the ATLS driver command to activate the crossing and use another wait command to allow crossing to finish activation. Place a leaving trigger on each side of the crossing to de-activate the crossing when train has passed.

Thanks, thought no one would reply to this.

Ok, I'm also having a problem with the ATLS level crossing setup.
I'm using custom crossing gates, rather than a complete crossing.
On a test-track, I've got a single track with two ATLS triggers, a Controller and the gates. I've got each item set to channel 1, route -1 (for level crossings), and it works OK, apart from the trigger seems to have a very long range, despite adjusting it in Track>Trackmark mode>Advanced>Set Trigger Radius.

The problem seems to be when I add an Inverse Slave. If I understand this correctly, this includes an "Invisible Train", when it is triggered it removes the invisible train and replaces it when it clears. This is included in the main running track, and is so that the signal protecting the crossing (UQ semaphore home) only clears if the crossing is open. (Otherwise the signal only depends on the state of the track to the next signal).

However, including the Inverse Slave seems to disable the whole set-up.

Am I doing something wrong?

However, including the Inverse Slave seems to disable the whole set-up.
Am I doing something wrong?
:eek: Yes, I was. The invisible train produced by the Inverse Slave is, I presume, at the same position as the Slave is placed. This was within the detection zone of at least one of the triggers...

Yes any trigger near either slave needs to be far enough away so as not to pick it up when the invisible train is switched on. The triggers seem to react only when the invisible train is switched on and don't react when it is switched off.

Back