Screenshot of The Week: May 31 to June 7 2015 (Street Running)

nicky9499

SSoTW Bot
Greetings.

Who said streets were just for cars and their rubber-tired brethren? Give grandma one more thing to worry about when she crosses the road by showing us trains on roads. Please send your theme suggestions for subsequent competitions via email or Skype by clicking on the little icons below my username.

One screenshot allowed per entrant. Screenshots must adhere to the theme and the Trainz Forum Code of Conduct.
Submission closes on June 7 at
12:00 noon UTC/GMT/Zulu time.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Down at the Docks.
The Scene:
As the steam special on the bridge at left is heading past the fishing dock towards the port behind our view, the scene unfolds of a traffic accident down on the dock road.

A Morrie Minor has for some reason crossed the centre line and piled into the little 2ft Davenport Diesel hauling empties and derailed it.
You guessed it, Granny was at the wheel!!
Did Granny have a bit of a turn, was she distracted by something, was the sun in her eyes, was it mechanical failure of her aging car, just what did make Granny crash. As she is being tended to by ambulance staff, the police are getting a statement from a passer-by who was walking his dog and is currently pointing at the car as he explains what he saw as the on-lookers being to gather. Enjoy :hehe:

smash1.jpg

Well, here's my entry for this week. :D

By the way Ian, can I ask what locomotive is crossing the bridge in your shot, and what it's pulling? The locomotive looks like a 9F.

Kieran.

A wet summer morning in the east, while the local passenger train glides across the rail/road bridge. (Rail/road, get it?) :hehe:
e81e9e6ab44ab1fdfc7aa3676e9dccfe.jpg

Yes, I have waited for so long for this to be the theme!
Here we observe a Plymouth ML-8 and a 44 tonner in their natural habitats.

The story behind this street running is that it takes up a lane, so traffic can drive in the other lane. If it was in the middle, the train might take up the entire narrow city street, which would be very congestive, and in a few decades after this picture being taken, NIMBY-angering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on a picture my grandfather took when he was young. (I haven't seen that picture in a couple of years, He says he can't remember where he put it)

The Train Crosses the Road at Porthmadog, North Wales

At Porthmadog in North Wales, traffic waits for the train to cross from one side of the road to the other to stop at the station.
Train_on_Road_Porthmadog.jpg

Dap_20120714_0006.jpg

Jay Street Connecting Railroad, Brooklyn, New York City, 1914

Attachments

• Dap_20120714_0006.jpg
    Dap_20120714_0006.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 8
By the way Ian, can I ask what locomotive is crossing the bridge in your shot, and what it's pulling? The locomotive looks like a 9F.

Kieran.
Hey Kieran, its a rusty old A1. Instead of posting some pics in here, I'll post some in the UK screenshot forum in the next day for so.
Cheers
Ian

Hey Kieran, its a rusty old A1. Instead of posting some pics in here, I'll post some in the UK screenshot forum in the next day for so.
Cheers
Ian

Thanks, Ian. I'll look out for those shots. I don't think I've seen a rusty A1 in Trainz yet.

Kieran.

Submissions are now closed. There are 11 entries for this round so up to 3 votes are allowed. Voting will be from now until June 14, 1200nn UTC. Please post your votes below.

Back