Can You Change Track Without Actually Re-Laying It?

TrainMan12

What the title says. I have the MRL, but it uses the default track, and I can't stand it. In MSTS you could alter a file and it would change the track. Is this possible in Trainz?

I'm Using '06, but I assume that it will work with '06 as well? Since most things designed for TRS '04 work with '06.

EDIT: I just checked the site, and it says it won't work with '06. Is there any other way?

Last edited:
I think you need Trainz Tuner, this works with both 2004 & 2006. You can not change double track. John.

Edit. Replace "Tuner" with "Map". John.

Last edited:
If you have 2006 you should have Trainz Map which can be used to change your track. (You might have to install it, I think its on your disc under "extras" or something similar). Sorry my memory can't quite place where it is!

John

You will find it Vistamare train map here:
F:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2006\Docs\manuals_cd\extras

If you have SP1 installed you will need to download an update to Vistamare Train Map....you can get it from here:

http://www.vistamaresoft.com/
You want "trainmap 1.1.0 released" Just run it after you have installed the one that came with trainz.

Paul

You mean once it's installed? Just click the icon. Then, on the first part, select what Trainz version you are using. After that, click 'Open' and a list of routes should show up. Pick the one you want to edit and click 'Ok'. If there's a specific function you need help on, let me know, I may be able to help.

PS: Thank you all who have helped me with TrainzMap, I've changed the track on MRL and it works fine!

Back