Yard Ladder

cvkiwi

Hi all I am trying to find a Yard Ladder guide to use
as my yards are looking a bit drab can anybody please help

Thank You
Chris Sullivan

Check out user Stationmistress she has made a number of ladder guides that are a bit fiddly but give great results once you work ou how to use them.
Cheers,
Mike

I personally use the 'Yard Guide Short' for making my yard ladders, it gives a fairly 'decent' smooth transition from the turnout tot he yard tracks itself.

I generally bypass "yard ladder guides" in favor of making my own from scratch. The process I use is to lay out the yard tracks at the spacing I want them, connect the furthest out track to the main lead at each end, and then connect the ends of the intermediate tracks to the connection between the furthest out track and the lead.

ns

In Trainz, the diverging spline point circle, is placed just a hair outside of the frog intersection, if not just about right on the frog intersection.

Using the Trainz ruler, you measure that distance to the next frog intersection, then again measure that same distance out to the diverging track, and place a spline point there.

"Yard guides", and any "guide" is not the way to go ... Use a ruler

Last edited:
I've used this here:

MB short 3-lane yard right,<kuid2:35412:40022:1> all by mike10
MB 3-lane yard left,<kuid2:35412:40018:1>
MB 3-lane yard right,<kuid2:35412:40020:1>
MB 6-lane yard left,<kuid2:35412:40016:1>
MB 6-lane yard right,<kuid2:35412:40017:1>

I don't connect the track to them, but instead lay my own track over them as I use them for templates. Once my track is in place, I then delete the fixed track object. If I want a dual-ended yard, as opposed to a stub-ended yard, I will lay the track at on end and flip the guide around for the other direction, adding tracks in between to whatever length I need.

A similar guide here by beadyboy is useful as well. This has a bit wider spacing and more tracks. I lay the track and place the splines at the spaces. The switches are tight together, but they are in a yard anyway.

CS Yard Template 1,<kuid:37522:9972> by beadyboy

It takes a little practice, but once you do it a couple of times, you'll find you get the hang of it pretty fast.

John

Cascade RR is not far off;..........spare the ruler.............................and spoil the child! On the other hand, a guide may be more useful, once you get it work; the issue is..........just what are you trying to do..........................? Real railroad yards were built over time as the industry grew. A pick, shovel and barrow, along with a sighting glass and a ball of string, has long been replaced with laser and gps. If you want your yards to resemble orderly lines, like the bar code from the back of your latest electronic purchase, then go for the guide, or you can play the railroad civil engineer.................rulers and string work too!
Regards
steamboat

Last edited:
Back