Question about petrol prices in NSW and Victoria

Hi,
We did use G'day, no worries and cheers quite a bit once we got out of Sydney. Being from the deep south here in the states, I had some trouble talking to people due to my accent. But Lanni was able to translate for me. :)

We took the Country Link to the Blue Mountains Park. Nice two hour train ride. And we rode the trolleys in Melbourne.

My favorite place had to be Rutherglen. We had a wonderful evening there with drinks and dinner at the Poachers Paradise. Lanni would likely say her favorite was photographing the wild koalas on the road to the Otway Lighthouse.

Thanks,
William

Last edited:
Fuel prices go up and down like a yoyo dependent on the stock market changes.
A Coles or Woolworths Supermarkets fuel voucher can save you about four cents per liter when you buy more than thirty dollars worth of goodies from their stores.
Anyway have a happy vacation.
PS There is always the trains to catch, and the Melbourne Metro suburban services are very good most of the times.

Hi,
We did use G'day, no worries and cheers quite a bit once we got out of Sydney. Being from the deep south here in the states, I had some trouble talking to people due to my accent. ....

My favorite place had to be Rutherglen. We had a wonderful evening there with drinks and dinner at the Poachers Paradise. Lanni would likely say her favorite was photographing the wild koalas on the road to the Otway Lighthouse.

Thanks,
William

Currently I'm In Italy (Siena) and there are six Americans in our villa a couple of doors down. This morning one of the ladies said they were heading off on a wine tasting tour - mostly chianti in this region. Their van was parked a bit crooked when we got back from our day trip so I guess they had a good time. :D

I believe they are from New England. One of them is a Patriots supporter which is a team I'm going to support since none of my Aussie teams do very well.:eek:

Only saw one freight train today. Loco was covered in graffiti. I'm never going to complain about Aussie drivers or roads again. The potholes have their own potholes here.

Hi,
We did use G'day, no worries and cheers quite a bit once we got out of Sydney. Being from the deep south here in the states, I had some trouble talking to people due to my accent. But Lanni was able to translate for me. :)

We took the Country Link to the Blue Mountains Park. Nice two hour train ride. And we rode the trolleys in Melbourne.

Thanks,
William

Glad you had a great time while you were both out here William sorry i missed you while you were in Rutherglen but unless it was during the weekend i would of been away for work, Come back again anytime mate.
Cheers Mick.

Thanks Mick,

We were there on a Tuesday. Got into town later then we planned due to missing the exit. We had to pull out the map and find a way into town from the south. Stayed at the Wine Village Motor Inn which was one of the finest motels I've ever stayed in. First class all the way. The lady at the desk suggested the Poacher's Paradise for dinner and Lanni and I both had the Porterhouse steak. It was fantastic. We then walked around town taking pictures and enjoying the peace and quiet.

Thanks again for your help,
William

Hopefully next time William i'll be here for your second visit mate, There is so much to see here but i imagine that's the same for your hometown as well anyway i'm glad you and Lanni enjoyed your stay in our country.
Cheers Mick.

Back