T:ANE (My life so far with ... )

b9k9kiwi

I purchased T:ANE a long way back, so that when it was released I had forgotten what I had actually paid for - as a result I downloaded a digital copy only to be surprised by the arrival of a boxed copy a few days later.
Anyway, in the meantime, the digital download didn't return the correct code when I tested it - so I downloaded it again. The second download didn't return the correct code either but, although neither would de-archive into a full installation resource set, I managed to cobble one together with what I could de-archive error free.
Installation went okay and all the extra stuff downloaded seemingly without a hitch to my No 1 PC;
CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.30Ghz
RAM: 16GB DDR5
Video: Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB
MB: MSI 760GM-P## (FX)
I played with it for a day or two and was pretty impressed by the obvious improvements in the graphics and the physics. I was taken aback though to hear the clickety-clack, clackity-click default track sound still there - I had expected that to be dumped pretty early on. There were problems, however, in that T:ANE crashed spectacularly whenever I tried to use the global asset replacement feature in surveyor.
So, as it seemed that all was not well, I deleted the installation and re-installed from the boxed set. The extra stuff downloaded again okay, then the patch downloaded and installed, but then the download of updated extras went awry in some way. So I ended up with two Warwick-Wallengarra routes in the main menu - the original plus another one (highlighted in yellow and which cannot be opened in any way). The build is 74702 - dunno what it is out of the box.
So, I then installed the boxed version onto my No 2 PC;
CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 260 3.20Ghz
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Video: Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2GB
MB: ASUS M4A87TD EVO
The extra stuff downloaded again okay, then the patch downloaded and installed, and then the download of updated extras went okay also - the build is displayed as 75947.
Good thing that I have fast, uncapped broadband otherwise I would be well out of pocket by now and probsbly waiting for an end-of-month rollover before I could attempt a further install.
Not the best of experiences but, hey, it's only a game.

I'll join in if I may... tane my life so far...

UMMMM. Avery-Drexel goodness... Ummmm. :p

Couldn't wait for the box. Downloaded the 75947 off MyTrainz. Many hours... putzed around with it for a little bit... imported the route I'm dinking with currently (St Barbara) and sure enough missing textures but running very smooth on my new PC.

CPU i7-4790RAM DDR3 16GB
Video NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 4GB DDR5
OS Win 8.1

Tried the Hinden(?) but really can't say how well the system performed since it was raining heavily for the entire one and a half hours. I couldn't see past the nose of the locomotive the entire time. I'm sure there must have been trees and hills but you couldn't prove it by me. If you are thinking about buying tane to get away from that annoying safety valve hiss in DCC forget about it. Still there, it almost drowned out the sound of the rain.

Decided to go ahead and download the extras/DLC another several hours...

Ummm!!! Avery-Drexel goodness!!!

Sunrise in the mountains, ummm, Oh so good. :udrool:

Thanks N3V I take back any bad things I might have said. :wave:

Last edited:
I've been busy fixing and importing content. So far the process has been going pretty will with another 140,000 assets to go... Out of the 6000 or so I have installed so far, I have 10 now I can't fix at least for now.

John

Back