Racism, Meanness, and Cursing on chat.

There is a lot of general meanness on the chat, mostly by English speakers to foreign language speakers.
For example:
Screen%20Shot%202015-05-15%20at%205.21.41%20PM_zps7nfexucc.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Screen%20Shot%202015-05-15%20at%205.21.23%20PM_zpsufumiltc.png
[/URL][/IMG]
584126e0-5a82-413a-a027-a27a20283d63_zpsjujscaje.png
[/URL][/IMG]

This is the 2nd time I've seen something like this recently, the last time it was a French speaker trying to talk in French, and being mocked by the other participants. I am very concerned about this. Why is there so much meanness on the chat?

Last edited:
The best thing you can do is report this to the moderators and block the people who are causing the trouble. I agree there is no reason for this.

John

How do I block people? Also, where should I report it?
If I recall correctly, in the same place you go to add a buddy, you select to add them to the ignore list instead. I think that you report them to the helpdesk, but contacting a moderator may be faster. That is something that needs to be looked into and resolved quickly.

Whats even more shocking is that RuvanJ is usually a fairly polite poster on this forum. I wouldn't have thought he was the casual racism type. :-\

#1 reason why I don't use the chat anymore, oh well you can't do much about people who won't just be polite or respectful. Thanks for pointing it out though, hopefully a change will be made however.

There is absolutely no reason to use foul language. It's unnecessary, disgusting, and shows a low I.Q. I hate those games that use the "F" word. Hate hate hate them.

There is absolutely no reason to judge anyone by the skin color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, or handicap. You can judge them by their words and actions.

There is absolutely no reason to be mean to anyone else. It serves no purpose to the betterment of life.

Of course, anyone who lives north of the Mason/Dixon line is fair game. :p:hehe:

Cheers,

Dave

I totally agree with you, Dave. Those who swear just to be "cool" are just whining little brats seeking attention in my opinion. Why swear? It just puts you on the path to eternal fire.

@Meow
THeres an option to "Ignore/Block" someone the same way you "Add/Friend" them.

That said, I'll always check Chat when I'm on. A few little bad mouthed punks aren't gonna stop me from sayin hey to fellow interested parties.... Why *let* them ruin something that could be so good?

-Falcus

I also agree with Dave.

Gezz some people have no respect for others. That is a good reason why I don't like to use the chat because stuff like that happens on it.

There is absolutely no reason to use foul language. It's unnecessary, disgusting, and shows a low I.Q. I hate those games that use the "F" word. Hate hate hate them.

There is absolutely no reason to judge anyone by the skin color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, or handicap. You can judge them by their words and actions.

There is absolutely no reason to be mean to anyone else. It serves no purpose to the betterment of life.

Of course, anyone who lives north of the Mason/Dixon line is fair game. :p:hehe:

Cheers,

Dave

I agree with all of what you said except for the last point. ;)

I just shows immaturity and lack of respect as far as I'm concerned.

John

"Of course, anyone who lives north of the Mason/Dixon line is fair game."

Them's fightin' words, son!

See ya'

Regards
steamboat........
toot.............toot............toot.............

Right now the Ignore option is your friend - what you don't see doesn't matter at all.
Serious, Tony, that is your reaction?
You are running a company aimed to make a profit and ignoring is the (only) option?

Is that parent looking over their child's shoulder and seeing this on the screen going to consider buying the next version of the game?

And how about those anonymous accounts? You can ignore them all you want but 10 minutes later they have returned with a new #number behind their name and your ignore became useless and the idiotic spamming continues.

I think a slightly more structural solution would be nice. Let's start with denying anonymous people access and more quickly applying temporary bans when people get reported.

This forum seriously makes me laugh sum-time's, How have most of you gotten this far along in life but yet you just can not choose to ignore sum-thing that offends you ?. Half of you are dibber dobbers and the other half are way too soft, Have a cup of concrete and harden the #$%* up.
If you do not like what is written in a thread or post why cant you simply ignore it or them ?, And gee if you reply here i'm on your ignore list i'm going to be really upset.
No not really half of you aren't worth the time for me to put you on it i can just choose to move along and get on with the game and life.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

whenever i get to chat mostly people have very rude behaviour and they are almost abusing this should be care off

Cheers,

Dave

Listen here Johnny Reb..............:p

Back