TUME’s Side-Project "Season Town Northern Railroad"

tume

Hello,

today I found something that I have not seen before. N3V created a nice looking Sneak Peek clip about my secondary project which will be released within T:ANE in a view days.

Therefore I thought may it's time to start a thread about that project for its own. And of course anybody is very welcome to upload some nice screenshots from that route in here as well.
Also if somebody has questions about that route, you can ask me here if necessary.

Once this project used to be just a little test layout created at one single baseboard. I started this test layouts to see how my latest seasonal content assets appears in TS12 rather than to see it just inside the PEVSoft-Mesh-Viewer. But as time went by I created more and more seasonal content assets like buildings, tracks, roads, rivers, telegraph lines, grass splines and many more - and eventually a lot of freight cars, locomotives and streetcars as well. Don't ask me why, but I used to arranged all these assets in a way that soon a little town grew up. Eventually the test layout reached a level of its own and the new side-project was Born. And now I hope that people will enjoy playing with that route in T:ANE - both summer and snowy winter sessions. But furthermore I also would like to see that people may use the many many newly created seasonal assets to create their own seasonal routes in T:ANE.

Your's TUME

Does this route also include a mainline or is it entirely a trolley/interurban type route? It looks like a great place to run my non mainline electrics. :)

Does this route also include a mainline or is it entirely a trolley/interurban type route? It looks like a great place to run my non mainline electrics. :)

Hello,
just have a look to the official description:

The Season Town Northern Rail Road (STNRR) is based in fictional 'Season Town'
situated somewhere in the East or Middle West of the USA. The aptly named Season
Town supports season change functionality. Control the weather and see how the
route responds to the snow! The layout provides a short mainline section as well
as a 6 mile branch line connecting a limestone mine with a cement plant, as well
as a streetcar network consisting of four branches.

You see it is not just about an interurban route. The railroad is not electrified at all. But the streetcar Network has trolley wires above the track - of course :)

Screens taken inside T:ANE - Development - Version (Beta)

16251667335_5369a170e0_o.jpg

15631787153_850b913a99_o.jpg

16251666315_fccf01e6e4_o.jpg

16272036412_3341e3bdcb_o.jpg

16085321498_2dbb625a2e_o.jpg

16085320918_95ecf1762c_o.jpg

16437180301_70380e167d_o.jpg

Your's TUME

Last edited:
tume, I order the deluxe version just so I would get your route. Missed out on your 2010 release with great regret. Wasn't going to let happen again.:)

Hello,

in the opposite to the screens from a snowy winter session above, here some summer screen shots from a summer session. The best thing of a route which contains seasonal content exclusively is, that the seasons can easily been adjusted by just doing some settings in the environmental tool.
Making this possible was my greatest goal in route and content creation during the last years.

17275981049_6f71a85cbf_o.jpg

17460205722_1cd7e3b35f_o.jpg

16839697074_b2773f52ba_o.jpg

16841993453_7d9035a8f5_o.jpg

17462225815_a546ea56ea_o.jpg

16839682164_9299b9e787_o.jpg

Your's TUME

@ Railwoodman:
Thank you - I take this as a very nice compliment.

@ chris2001trainz2010:
Thanks also for your kind words :)

... and here some snowy winter Screens from the Season Town Northern RR.
It's quite unbelievable, but summer or snowy winter - it is still the same route including the same content :)

16912916603_43ce4f824a_o.jpg

17531019162_b83ed3aaf0_o.jpg

17533262615_98f12e7702_o.jpg

17533267365_a6fbe9f93b_o.jpg

17345686820_6e7357ec18_o.jpg

16910718734_0a24340f24_o.jpg

Your's TUME

Last edited:
Hello,

just a visitor from TS12 in T:ANE's Season Town Route :)

Well, Toronto (TTC) currently replaces all of its streetcar vehicles, namely the CLRVs and the ALRVs, by the new Fexity cars, a fleet of articulated vehicles supplied by Bombardier.
Some of the replaced CLRVs and ALRVs could appear at the streetcar tracks in Season Town :)

Still several improvements will have to be done like texture optimisation to use single sided texture materials only, which is a matter of fixing some of my gmax-texture-waste I unfortunately did during the past.
Additionally the introduction of normal mapping, season change. random running numbers and outside adverts as well as more detailed bogeys and pantos should the streetcar make better looking than now
:)

A-Toronto-CLRV-Streetcar-as-a-visitor-at-the-Season-Town-Streetcar-Museum.jpg

A-Toronto-CLRV-on-the-tracks-at-Season-Town.-Still-these-CLRV-assets-needs-to-be-updated-with-season-change-and-some-other-features..jpg

A-TTC-CLRV-at-the-Shopping-Mall-Branch-at-Season-Town.jpg

A-TTC-CLRV-at-the-Shopping-Mall-Branch-at-Season-Town.jpg

A-TTC-CLRV-in-the-streets-of-Season-Town.jpg

Your's TUME

This is a nice little route, I'm glad the trolley sessions were fixed, I ran the summer one and it's fun when you don't have a lot of time. great job on both of your contributions to TANE>

TUME, thank you for making the trolleys. I enjoy them so much. I see the Septa PCC's a lot and I am glad that we have them for trainz.

i wonder if you will make a ts12 version on the dls?

Hello John2002,

this depends on how several things will work in TS12. At the moment it seems that several parts of the script will not work in TS12. And therefore these models will have to be dedicated to T:ANE. But this I will find out when I create and test several other Muni-PCCs as well.

Your’s TUME

Ok – about the problem of TS12 streetcars again. The main problem would be the way I needed to create the seasonal interior asset. Perhaps this will make it hard to come up with a full workable streetcar version for TS12.

Your’s TUME

San Francisco's MUNI-PCC streetcar number 1052 in Trainz: A New Era

Hello,

here comes a run of San Francisco's MUNI-PCC streetcar number 1052 in Trainz: A New Era.
In the route named "Season Town" the streetcar starts at the car barn and goes at first to Cemetery Loop. From there it moves back to the town side, goes along Main Street runs all the way to Lake Holiday Loop. The streetcar as well as the route "Season Town" are included into the "Trainz: A New Era - Deluxe".

Please note that this run does not follow the in-game session in which this particular streetcar needs to be taken from the car barn via Cemetery Loop and through the town side to the Shopping Mall Loop :)

Your’s TUME

Sweet screens and videos are the Union Pacific locos going to be released, they look cool. Anyways keep up the good work, love using your buildings and assets.

hert:wave:

Streetcar Sessions in summer and snowy winter time

Hello,

just two different PCC Streetcar Sessions in comparison to each other. One streetcar operates in summer time - please see the Video above - the other in snowy winter - see below. This became possible since all relevant route dependencies supports season change which is the case in the routes “Season Town” and “Avery – Drexel”.
Enjoy watching the videos and to explore the seasonal routes at “Trainz: A New Era – Deluxe”.

SEPTA-PCC in snowy winter time:

@ Hert:
Thank you for your compliment. I have already seen several screens from your work using my buildings - and I like it very much. That is why I have created these assets for :)
The UP-SD40-2 will be released with a bundle of several more seasonal locos and rolling stock I will create soon, to provide more seasonal stuff to play with :)

Your’s TUME

Back