misread instructions

DESDICHATO

Hi,

I am putting together a route that has a couple of main line (multiple platform both terminating and through) non interactive stations in it, but to make them so I can "use" them I have been adding AJS 50 metre invisible platforms and renumbering them, however despite checking and double checking I have selected the correct platform I cannot get my ai to stop at the correct platform, in one instance I selected platform 5 as it was a through platform however the ai read it as platform directed my train to platform 1A or B both of which are terminating platforms.

Checking through the instructions commands at the bottom of screen it said I had selected platform 1, I amended the instruction but after saving and before running the engine again I checked the amendment and it still read platform 1 - wtf am I missing... I am running 58414 on an I7 powered x-79s -up5 mobo with 64 gig ram and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690 graphics card - trainz in on its own 200gb segment of a hard drive.

Any thoughts.

TIA

mmm. You don't see too many of us with 64 G. RAM. Anyhow, try to use trackmarks and see if the train goes to the track mark you desire. Another way is to set an independent piece of track away from your stations. Set a loco on it and issue the command to go to the only one station at the end of this track. Works? now add another station and continue analyzing until you replicate the problem in the test track. It is called a process of elimination

Thanks for you responces guys,

I am experiencing varying degrees of success with your suggestions I put an island station in a section of track separate to the route the first station worked, but the next one didn't, I have tried various commands usually drive to but have also tried navigate to, call at, drive to station, all without any success.....In one area I am using Reading Station/Apex plaza and in another area a "custom" build station as they are both like many of the bigger station I saw in the UK with both through and terminating curved platforms.

I am naming all the associated platforms/invisible stations as Reading or Bristol but numbering them as per the platform 1 through to 8 with the terminating platform having A or B suffix....when I put in the instruction for a train to go to reading station all 8 platform come up in the list but when I check afterwards in the drivers list of stations it has always reverted to what I am guessing is the first platform I place.

Trackmarks seem to work but there is already an awful lot of them in the route.

Thanks again for your responces

Thanks for your quick responce Shane but I have tried Call At without success.....unless this is something different???

To use the grouping function of the stations, you have to do 2 things.
1. Correctly naming the stations, using a common name for all stations and an additional name in parantheses.
- like:
-- Mytown Central (1)
-- Mytown Central (2)
-- Mytown Central (local)
No spaces allowed inside the parantheses. For a multitrack object the additions (inside the parantheses) are separated by commas.

2. Change the platform numbers in the properties dialog of the stations, otherwise all platforms are called 'Platform 1' in the drivercommand(s).

You could use square brackets instead of parantheses.

Peter

A little bit out of the box maybe but are you naming the stations/platforms in the Route editor or the Session editor? Thy should be named in the Route editor.

Back