Influence of setting max. FPS limit on Trainz performance

JAGG

I just wonder, if anyone tried use the VGA card accompanied SW to set max. framerate to some limit (e.g. 50) to check the influence on Trainz peformance, especially on transition places where less details goes to more details suddenly like station heads etc. Theoretically it should allow PC to run the game more smoothly.

If I understand you correctly, I will say that I find if I leave the settings at the defaults in the NVIDA control panel and use only in Trainz I get better performance. Sometimes playing with the control panel settings seems to impact the older programs, making them perform worse, due to unsupported only partially supported features, which wouldn't be uncommon because these things weren't fully implemented when the program was written.

John

Understand You, I just noticed on one forum that such setting of max. fps limit to OR improved the performance significantly, so wondered if this would similar impact on whatever Trainz. Question is if OR might be considered as old or new SW.

Understand You, I just noticed on one forum that such setting of max. fps limit to OR improved the performance significantly, so wondered if this would similar impact on whatever Trainz. Question is if OR might be considered as old or new SW.

This parameter is for the Jet engine found in TS12 and below and there is no such capability for TANE.

John

There is however the ability to limit the frame rate in the Over clocking utilities that come with most probably now all recent cards.

Back