Trainz-build numbers below 3.7 are no longer supported....

Wow Chance Chris said you were better looking then that, What happened to ya snozzle ?.
Cheers Mick.:hehe:

Is there a list anywhere that will tell me the requirements that I need to have on an item that will make it compatible with Build 3.7 and the DLS ?
Do all train vehicles now have to have LOD etc. ??

Why do this now , when you've made TANE backwards compatible ?
All the built-in content that's being ported over from TS12 has only been made error free up to build 2.9 and there is plenty left that hasn't been made available on the DLS . I take it the rest of the stuff will be placed on the DLS via the back door !!

Last edited:
Seems to be two threads running on this (the other in the DLS forum) so just to repeat what I posted...

I take it this means anything created in TS12 49922 (specifically in my case, routes), is out, then?

If so it certainly is a bit of a bummer as there are many reasons why people, myself included don't want to use 61388 and it is disingenuous at best to have a life cycle policy for TS12 of September 2016 which suddenly gets a set of moving goalposts and is amended to TS12, "latest version only".

And this is why I upload my stuff onto my own site. I like to make sure that it is 2.9 compatible as many still use 2009.

I don't read all these long, drawn out posts because frankly I don't have the time and don't have the desire.

But seems to me you should have a "Customer comes FIRST policy."

If I can't upload content for TS12 without errors, then that's wrong.

You guys at N3V need to get off your high horse and support your customer. After all, we pledged money for T:ANE to help YOU, and I think your first priority should be to help US.

Cheers,

Dave Snow

My thoughts exactly, Dave.

For the record, i will still be creating stuff, but i'll be hosting it on my site. This is ridiculous! At the very LEAST, we should've gotten a notice, as what ish6 said below.

Last edited:
I don't read all these long, drawn out posts because frankly I don't have the time and don't have the desire.

You guys at N3V need to get off your high horse and support your customer. After all, we pledged money for T:ANE to help YOU, and I think your first priority should be to help US.

Cheers,

Dave Snow

Dave, is 1 million % right!

--- And, I'm going to be fair here ... I don't mind change, but I feel like the rug has been pulled under my feet without notice!

N3V has done this before, and it's ridiculous --- Honestly, if it wasn't for 3rd party programs that have helped fix hundreds of unexpected errors I would have hanged up my trainz hat up, and moved on -- I would not even bother with TANE -- I would have kept inside the box next to my other trainz boxes!

N3V, give these great 3rd party programmers an applause, because it save you this one customer!

Please, next time, 90-180 days in advance .... at least, no one can't complaint then!

Ish

Very soon all 09, 10, 12 users will have to backdate all the hundreds of thousands of assets, and all of the millions of dependencies, just in order to get them to show up ... Just like us TRS2004 and TRS2006 users ... It happened to us ... And you made fun of us: "Hey dinosaurs" ... "Get a new version of Trainz" !

I wouldn't be surprised that all the DLC will be updated to T:ANE trainz-build, disabling it in 09, 10, 12

Are you beginning to see the grande scheme of things ? "Break the trainz-build, and make the mass's go out and buy a higher version of Trainz, as their present trainz-build is busted" ! Haaaar !

I previously brought up the topic: "Why is there even a trainz-build line tag"

It's placed there so that every lower version can be easily broken, and blame the whole thing on: "T:ANE is a whole new ball game, and checks for errors even more than 09, 10, 12 did, so we have updated all the config files with "newer" config file tags in a DLS cleanup, making those old config file lines not usable in 09, 10, 12 ... Get with the times" !

Last edited:
Looks like the only place to get 09/10/12 plain content anymore will be the third party sites now.........

Trainz is now aimed at gamers, they don't give a stuff for those who have been loyal for years.
The thing is that gamers wont spend time fixing faulty assets, or put up with the game freezing while it updates assets again and again. They want to play their game. They will turf it out and find something new and tell all their mates how bad it is.
They are also making it harder for the ordinary Trainzer to build content. They want their mates to build payware so they can sell DLCs.
Sounds like Train Simulator 2015 on another channel.
Cheers,
Mike
edit. TPR will need to beef up their TS12 section I think.

So, basically, deny the freeware end of things the info and support they need, so that they all get mad and leave. Then all that is left is payware and DLC..

That wouldn't happen in a train simulator, I mean game.........

Oh wait.......

I warned you ... that the future of Trainz was coming ... and you didn't believe me ... Payware only is the future

Someone should invent a program, where you open up an asset, and the CMP fix's it, backdating all the train-build and config file lines, backwards to your trainz-build

Last edited:

Cheers,

Dave Snow

You forget Dave, they already have our money. They don't feel that customers are really worth anything, and that they can do what they please, when they please, and still in the end have a sizable customer base from which to draw income. This is all too similar to the fate that befell Railworks, and I, for one, don't like it. At least there are some good alternatives to this sim out there...

Last edited:
Why do this now , when you've made TANE backwards compatible ?
If you have been reading what N3V have been saying about backwards compatibilty in T:ANE then you will have noticed that they have always been very careful to say that it's backwards compatible with TS12 SP1, not anything else. Possibly N3V are reacting to the recent posts that there won't be much T:ANE compatible content when it is launched so this is one way of achieving that goal. As always you should be careful what you wish for as it may come true.

If I was running N3V I'd have done this a long time ago.

Paul

Thanks for responses to this thread - I must say I'm absolutely dismayed by how this has happened, the complete lack of communication and the 'brass necked' response of N3V staff to the clear distress which this decision has caused to loyal customers and supporters of Trainz.

There is a very simple point of principle here - if N3V sincerely believe that it's necessary to raise upload access to build 3.7, then why not let everyone know and give those of us working in 2.9 - 3.6 adequate notice so we could complete our projects and upload them? Where is the harm in, say, 6 weeks notice? As it is, I have a loco reskin which people are anxious to obtain and a new route which is virtually complete with over 50 reskinned items to go with it, none of which can be uploaded. I also now have a completely useless First Class Ticket which cannot be used to download any new item on the DLS. I have effectively been cut off from the game I love and have loyally supported for nearly 10 years without a bye or leave, let alone a word of warning!

Like everybody else working in TS12, I had a reasonable belief, never contradicted by N3V until this week, that this version of the game (all of it, not just particular iterations) would be fully supported for some years to come. That is why I create in this version, that is why I upload in this version, that is why I have an FCT for this version. To arbitrarily cut off support for that version without a word of fore-warning is a disgusting way to treat loyal customers. Where is the concern, the care, the good faith between N3V and its customers?

Like many others working in build 49922, I have chosen not to 'upgrade' to the higher builds in TS12, not least because of the DRM issue and because of the many problems associated with SP1. I have a version of TS12 that is smooth, stable and works well and I'm happy with it. Obviously, I expect it to become obsolete in due course and for support to end - which is why I put $200 into the Kickstarter for TANE - but not like this!

Finally, do N3V seriously believe that it is acceptable for creators in TS12 to discover their version of the game has been obsoleted, not with a proper announcement on these forums and due notice, but by rejecting their hours of hard work creating items to be shared with others through the Download Station? Until I received that email rejecting my upload, I had no inkling of what was going on. This is a completely unfair way to treat asset creators!

Paul

PS. A word for N3V staff - don't bother responding to this message unless you have the humility to understand the hurt that this decision and the way it has been implemented has caused.

To be honest I knew something like this would happen and this is just the tip of i iceberg here I hate to say it but N3V only cares about one thing. Money! and why is that will its simple there just another business trying to compete in the business would to make more money its just that simple were just dollar signs to them nothing more nothing less its all about how to make more money that's the harsh realty of it.

Exactly. We still support TS12. As you say, that's all that matters.

No, you are not supporting TS12. Last I checked, TB3.5 and 3.6 were TS12 builds. In fact, I have the box, receipt and all other information that can confirm this. If you like, I'd be happy to email you copies, even though you've already acknowledged that you have stopped supporting TS12 (3.5 and 3.6).

We're not excluding anybody, except where their product is old enough that it is no longer supported based on our life-cycle policy. Anybody with TS12 who is feeling excluded can resolve this by simply installing the patches that have been around for quite a long time now. Anybody with an older product can no longer upload their older-version content to our servers, but they can generally still download content, even though their product is officially unsupported.

Your lifecycle policy says TS12. Enough said.

We are. That's exactly what this change is about. Improving the validation.

And, really, more about forcing obsolescence of paid, in-support versions. Again, I can provide plenty of evidence to support this, not that one would have to look very far.

Completely agree. There's no reason for you to consider this an emergency. It's business as usual.

Evidently, it was enough of an emergency for you to drop support for two entire versions with no notice.

But then the hordes of T:ANE users will gleefully update all the existing DLS assets to T:ANE trainz-build numerals, all for free (just as they did with 06, to 09, to 10, to 12 trainz-builds) breaking all the existing DLS assets ... and N3V has nothing to do but rake in the money from sales of T:ANE, because all the T:ANE users will do all the dirty work for them ... all for free !

RRsignal, I couldn't have said it better. This is extremely bad business ethics coupled with a messy coverup/story change when the majority of users disagree with the new policy, which has been hastily rushed in, with the only goal seeming to be to push users towards the new version in a last ditch effort to get more sales for a half-baked version of the sim that we were promised.

Back